Windows 10: Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Feb 2015 #121

    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    bloat doesn't/will not, affect the registry in anyway ,that will affect the workings of windows ,to the best of my knowledge
    I have and continue to clean infected computers at my computer club. A number of times infections have effected Avast and MalwareBytes to the extent that one and/or the other had to be uninstalled and then re-installed. At times, re-installation fails because of remnants left behind by the Windows uninstaller. Both of the above mentioned programs have their own "special
    uninstallers" that can be downloaded and used to successfully clean up remnants which blocked re-installation.

    https://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility
    https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc...-Anti-Malware-

    Rich
    I've had programs like VMWare Player "break" so that the uninstaller is borked, but I cannot repair the install in order to uninstall it. Requires removing virtual NICs and rooter-routing the registry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,195
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       17 Feb 2015 #122

    don't see how we can blame Windows/Microsoft for crap left behind in the registry by malware or bad uninstallers that came with the problem software you/we installed on your /our computers ..I to use ccleaner all the time to clean computers for myself and others .
    and when I said bloat in the registry didn't slow down a computer ,I was not referring to a malware or virus infected computer
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Feb 2015 #123

    caperjack said: View Post
    don't see how we can blame Windows/Microsoft for crap left behind in the registry by malware or bad uninstallers that came with the problem software you/we installed on your /our computers ..I to use ccleaner all the time to clean computers for myself and others .
    and when I said bloat in the registry didn't slow down a computer ,I was not referring to a malware or virus infected computer
    Once again, nobody is blaming MS for the mess programs make and leave but MS could surely do something about it by providing an uninstaller at least as good as Revo and likes of it. MS already made registry pretty resilient to garbage but another small step for mankind would be nice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    17 Feb 2015 #124

    CountMike said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    don't see how we can blame Windows/Microsoft for crap left behind in the registry by malware or bad uninstallers that came with the problem software you/we installed on your /our computers ..I to use ccleaner all the time to clean computers for myself and others .
    and when I said bloat in the registry didn't slow down a computer ,I was not referring to a malware or virus infected computer
    Once again, nobody is blaming MS for the mess programs make and leave but MS could surely do something about it by providing an uninstaller at least as good as Revo and likes of it. MS already made registry pretty resilient to garbage but another small step for mankind would be nice.
    I have to agree. MS can do a better job but as long as we have a tool liker Revo I'm not going to worry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 50
    Windows 10 Insider (fast ring)
       17 Feb 2015 #125

    I've never found it difficult to uninstall anything.

    People are careless and click-happy during installation and it leads to issues.

    Microsoft can't fix stupid.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,195
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       17 Feb 2015 #126

    FuturDreamz said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    bloat doesn't/will not, affect the registry in anyway ,that will affect the workings of windows ,to the best of my knowledge
    If I may ask, how come you put the commas after the space? I've seen that off and on over the years from different people but never a reason why.
    cause I flunked grammar school ,
    Last edited by caperjack; 17 Feb 2015 at 19:29.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 Feb 2015 #127

    The problem with Revo is that it can't 100% confirm that what it is deleting is for the uninstalled program and the uninstalled program only. It just searches for files that has similarities. Normally that will be ok but once in a while you have a program that doesn't follow file naming conventions, or worse, gets confused with system or other app components.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    17 Feb 2015 #128

    Revo allows you to choose what to delete. It doesn't do it automatically.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    17 Feb 2015 #129

    enoch1138 said: View Post
    I've never found it difficult to uninstall anything.

    People are careless and click-happy during installation and it leads to issues.

    Microsoft can't fix stupid.
    Being click happy is not the only reason that people may want to uninstall a program.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,195
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       17 Feb 2015 #130

    Winuser said: View Post
    enoch1138 said: View Post
    I've never found it difficult to uninstall anything.

    People are careless and click-happy during installation and it leads to issues.

    Microsoft can't fix stupid.
    Being click happy is not the only reason that people may want to uninstall a program.
    I think poster is making reference to people not being careful what else[like system optimisers and such ] might be getting installed along with the software they are installing ,because they just click and click till its installed .they reboot and then the fun starts .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source
http://images.techhive.com/images/idge/imported/imageapi/2014/07/09/13/slide_063014-windows9-1-100355294-primary.idge.jpg The Windows 9 public preview coming at the end of the month is going to ask for feedback almost to the point of...
Alert Windows 8.1 users. in General Support
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2153712/windows-8-1-update-requirement-pushed-to-june-10.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:04.
Find Us