Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Feb 2016 #61
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 4
    windows 10

    Hi,
    I get this error after the update: an app caused a problem with the default app setting for .pdf files, so it was reset to microsoft edge.

    Any ideas??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Feb 2016 #62
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK
    Posts : 380
    windows 10

    had this before update
    an app caused a problem with the default app settings for .pdf files, so it was reset to microsoft edge
    update installed
    an app default was reset
    an app caused a problem with the default app settings for .jpg files, so it was reset to photo
    then had 4 of
    an app caused a problem with the default app settings for .png files, so it was reset to photo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Feb 2016 #63
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    New Zealand
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by cheenu View Post
    Hi, I get this error after the update: an app caused a problem with the default app setting for .pdf files, so it was reset to microsoft edge. Any ideas??
    Same thing happened to me. I had to right click the PDF file and use the open with command to select Sumatra as the default application to make it work again. I needed to do it twice for some reason, but seems to be working now as it used to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Feb 2016 #64
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 4
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Ruff View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I had to right click the PDF file and use the open with command to select Sumatra as the default application to make it work again. I needed to do it twice for some reason, but seems to be working now as it used to.
    Hi,

    Tried that but no joy. Restored from previous image and no problems!!!! Way to go Microsoft asses.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Feb 2016 #65
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,554
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    10586.104 installed smoothly, and does seem snappier....BUT, the Regedit search issue that was fixed in 10586.71 seems to back in 10586.104. I restored an image of .71 to check, and it worked. Put the .104 on and it's broken. Maybe just me, only pointing it out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    10 Feb 2016 #66
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,791
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    10586.104 installed smoothly, and does seem snappier....BUT, the Regedit search issue that was fixed in 10586.71 seems to back in 10586.104. I restored an image of .71 to check, and it worked. Put the .104 on and it's broken. Maybe just me, only pointing it out.
    That's just another reason I'm glad I never use Windows regedit. I have always used Registry Workshop registered.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    10 Feb 2016 #67
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,923
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    10586.104 installed smoothly, and does seem snappier....BUT, the Regedit search issue that was fixed in 10586.71 seems to back in 10586.104. I restored an image of .71 to check, and it worked. Put the .104 on and it's broken. Maybe just me, only pointing it out.
    Please could you remind me what the Regedit search issue was?

    Just did a search using Regedit running build 10586.104 and didn't have a problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Feb 2016 #68
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,626
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Ruff View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I had to right click the PDF file and use the open with command to select Sumatra as the default application to make it work again. I needed to do it twice for some reason, but seems to be working now as it used to.
    I didn't see this on my user account. But after the update I setup new user accounts for my wife and son and got those exact same messages as it was setting them up after login for first time. Not that it has any lasting effect as I tried Adobe with opening pdf on my wife's account and it was fine so just put it down to a one off glitch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Feb 2016 #69
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,554
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by DooGie View Post
    Please could you remind me what the Regedit search issue was?

    Just did a search using Regedit running build 10586.104 and didn't have a problem.
    It wasn't happening for everyone. Only if there was a certain subkey in the registry >255 characters.


    Registry Editor crashing - Windows 10 Forums

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    10 Feb 2016 #70
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,923
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    It wasn't happening for everyone. Only if there was a certain subkey in the registry >255 characters.


    Registry Editor crashing - Windows 10 Forums

    Thanks for the reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3136562
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3136562 62009 10.0.10586.79.th2_release_inmarket.160128-1935 62011 Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3136562
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262 61078 Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3124262 Direct download Links: x64:...
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124263
58497 Restart required. Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3124263 Direct download links: Windows 10: x86:
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908)
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116908 http://i.imgur.com/onCaKKt.png
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3118754)
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118754 http://i.imgur.com/kwu3YFd.png
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums