Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Mar 2015 #451
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    MS needs to drop a new build soon. I like testing but at this rate I might just stop if it takes this long to drop new builds. In all honesty the only new feature that I want to test out is Spartan and heck.. it's just a browser and I can wait until the RTM comes out to play with it when it really ready for use.

    If we don't get a new build today or some news on it I might just drop out and just use Win8.1.1 from now on until the RTM/Upgrade comes out later this year. MS needs to take the testing more seriously or other might just do the same as I am.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    13 Mar 2015 #452
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    I wonder if they are thinking of releasing the consumer preview instead, especially if Microsoft is going to do a RTM in June, which I say is kind of early. Microsoft legal hasn't even figured on what is windows as a service and what is a life cycle of a device is, the OEM can't put on their machines until that is finalized. They got to know what warning if any to put on the box and what to tell their retailers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 Mar 2015 #453
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
    Microsoft needs to release some good news, after it's stock price took a hit yesterday along with Intel. Intel released lower revenue guidance due to a slump in PC sales.
    That actually the economy at least in the U.S. I had a hard time finding this windows 7 system. I basically had to order it online from wal-mart. We had to go with what I could afford(it was sort of gift). I very much doubt pc sales will go up this year or next whenever windows 10 is released to the public. Intel made an announcement that some of their newer hardware won't support windows 7. That another thing that will hurt pc sales.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Mar 2015 #454
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,553
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    MS needs to drop a new build soon. I like testing but at this rate I might just stop if it takes this long to drop new builds. In all honesty the only new feature that I want to test out is Spartan and heck.. it's just a browser and I can wait until the RTM comes out to play with it when it really ready for use.

    If we don't get a new build today or some news on it I might just drop out and just use Win8.1.1 from now on until the RTM/Upgrade comes out later this year. MS needs to take the testing more seriously or other might just do the same as I am.

    Jeff
    Don't spook me, Jeff! Sounds like you're contemplating a 180 turn!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    13 Mar 2015 #455
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    MS needs to take the testing more seriously or other might just do the same as I am.
    I doubt it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    13 Mar 2015 #456
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    I wonder if they are thinking of releasing the consumer preview instead, especially if Microsoft is going to do a RTM in June, which I say is kind of early. Microsoft legal hasn't even figured on what is windows as a service and what is a life cycle of a device is, the OEM can't put on their machines until that is finalized. They got to know what warning if any to put on the box and what to tell their retailers.
    I don't think so, Groze. What I'm seeing is that they're going to speed up the fast track to releasing new builds, so it seems to me we'll get a few more builds before a release candidate shows up.

    This thread is too long for me to look back and see what's been said by whom, but do we have a "concrete" Microsoft statement that Windows 10 will be released in June? I know it's "general knowledge" but I can't recall if Microsoft has confirmed anything in that area.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 Mar 2015 #457

    I see many (not only here) screaming for a new build... why?

    Personally I can use use this build as RTM... they have done a darn good job for a preview. (or maybe that is their problem ...LOL?)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Mar 2015 #458
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,837
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    MS needs to drop a new build soon. I like testing but at this rate I might just stop if it takes this long to drop new builds. In all honesty the only new feature that I want to test out is Spartan and heck.. it's just a browser and I can wait until the RTM comes out to play with it when it really ready for use.

    If we don't get a new build today or some news on it I might just drop out and just use Win8.1.1 from now on until the RTM/Upgrade comes out later this year. MS needs to take the testing more seriously or other might just do the same as I am.

    Jeff
    Now, now, Jeff (pat, pat, pat) . . . tell us what you really think.

    I've already been told I'm taking my testing far too seriously when I made a statement in jest. After all, this isn't my "day job".

    Like everyone else here, once a new build drops, I, you and everyone else here will be all over it like a "chicken on a june bug"!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 Mar 2015 #459
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,535
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    Intel made an announcement that some of their newer hardware won't support windows 7. That another thing that will hurt pc sales.
    win10 is going to be free for one year after the release date to windows 7 and 8 owners,so I don't see that being an issue
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Mar 2015 #460
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,594
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
    Microsoft needs to release some good news, after it's stock price took a hit yesterday along with Intel. Intel released lower revenue guidance due to a slump in PC sales.
    HW manufacturers have hit a bit of a snag, It's third time Intel is postponing new processors and even those ones are not very important updates. AMD have not released anything new in couple of years if you don't count bunch of re-branding. Nvidia released some half baked products too. Almost only more or less revolutionary product that came out in last few years for serious computers are SSDs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Is “Almost Ready”
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month
Read more: Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new build of Windows 10 per month
Windows 10 News
Microsoft confirms Windows 10 will come to small ARM...
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 32-Bit, Puts an End to Odd..
More
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums