Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,755
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       27 Feb 2015 #241

    waltc said: View Post
    I had heard they'd cancelled Win10 in favor of Windows 8.2 Now we're talkin'...! (On this side of the pond it is 2/27 and counting...)
    Here in the Central Zone, it looks like Microsoft has 1 hour & 55 minutes to push the button. That said, though, it's a well known fact that the dev teams at Microsoft often work into the wee small hours, so I'm not giving up. . . yet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,461
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       27 Feb 2015 #242

    Wynona said: View Post
    Here in the Central Zone, it looks like Microsoft has 1 hour & 55 minutes to push the button. That said, though, it's a well known fact that the dev teams at Microsoft often work into the wee small hours, so I'm not giving up. . . yet.
    Did you miss your flight? Better hurry, there's still time! Satya Nadella has a limo waiting!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,755
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       27 Feb 2015 #243

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Did you miss your flight? Better hurry, there's still time! Satya Nadella has a limo waiting!
    Well, that one has wings and flew right over my head!

    Edit: Well, duh! I read 2/27 as 2:27 o'clock.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,461
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       27 Feb 2015 #244

    Wynona said: View Post
    Well, that one has wings and flew right over my head!

    Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,972
    All kinds
       28 Feb 2015 #245

    Just be advised, holding your breath while waiting fo MS to fulfill a promise is not advisable !!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       28 Feb 2015 #246

    CountMike said: View Post
    Just be advised, holding your breath while waiting fo MS to fulfill a promise is not advisable !!!

    Yup, and that's true with many other organizations.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,972
    All kinds
       28 Feb 2015 #247

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Yup, and that's true with many other organizations.
    Practically all, the bigger, the slower they are to respond but here's about MS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    28 Feb 2015 #248

    Hi there

    What's this next rumour --Ms is designing an update for RED HAT'S Server OS'es which is why they are holding off the next build of Windows for a while.

    Perhaps it will be called Windux or Lindows !! (Although there was a "Lindows" in the past which essentially tried to run Windows apps directly without Windows or using things like WINE)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linspire

    Cheers
    jimbo.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,972
    All kinds
       28 Feb 2015 #249

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    What's this next rumour --Ms is designing an update for RED HAT'S Server OS'es which is why they are holding off the next build of Windows for a while.

    Perhaps it will be called Windux or Lindows !! (Although there was a "Lindows" in the past which essentially tried to run Windows apps directly without Windows or using things like WINE)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linspire

    Cheers
    jimbo.
    Why surprised, MS have been developing for Mac for long time, IBM too.
    I tried Lindows, not much compatibility despite name and expectations.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,931
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       28 Feb 2015 #250

    Personally I can wait as long as more things are turned on, like the system file checker, w/o that I either have to reimage or reinstall after I successfully break something. I understand that 10TP isn't Ubuntu, where I always jump in during the pre-Alpha(lsb_release -a) phase(usually a week after the release candidate) . But the difference is with Ubuntu everything is turned on and updated as fixes/changes are made and when something crashes a report is generated to send to Canonical so they know what setup broke something(and they actually fix it). If Microsoft is going to rub elbows with Canonical with their AZURE project, they might as well learn how to update/upgrade at the same time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Is “Almost Ready”
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new Windows 10 build per month
Read more: Microsoft will deliver, at least, one new build of Windows 10 per month
Windows 10 News
Microsoft confirms Windows 10 will come to small ARM...
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 32-Bit, Puts an End to Odd..
More
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums