Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 Insider

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #170

    Winuser said:
    If MS doesn't have the download on their site I think it's safe to say that they don't want you downloading it. As for the update not showing up for some users, I'd like to know why myself. I'm not even sure that MS knows why.
    I think you are right! Microsoft doesn't know why! That is one major issue.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #171

    magilla said:
    I think you are right! Microsoft doesn't know why! That is one major issue.
    MS has been and will continue to test the update process and by not providing an ISO will let them do this. Some time they might provide one to the slow ring but I wouldn't bet on that occurring.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #172

    BunnyJ said:
    MS has been and will continue to test the update process and by not providing an ISO will let them do this. Some time they might provide one to the slow ring but I wouldn't bet on that occurring.
    If they provide one to the slow ring, they will have, defacto, provided it to everyone.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #173

    BunnyJ said:
    MS has been and will continue to test the update process and by not providing an ISO will let them do this. Some time they might provide one to the slow ring but I wouldn't bet on that occurring.
    They didn't release anything at all on slow ring from 10240 RTM in July until the 1511 10586 release in November.

    Slow ring is basically the same as "no thanks"
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #174

    lx07 said:
    They didn't release anything at all on slow ring from 10240 RTM in July until the 1511 10586 release in November.

    Slow ring is basically the same as "no thanks"
    Neither of those are "Insider", so Ring Theory does not apply.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #175

    BunnyJ said:
    MS has been and will continue to test the update process and by not providing an ISO will let them do this. Some time they might provide one to the slow ring but I wouldn't bet on that occurring.
    I think magilla was responding to my statement about MS not knowing why new builds will show up on some computers and not others.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #176

    f14tomcat said:
    Neither of those are "Insider", so Ring Theory does not apply.
    Absolutely it does.

    Both 10240 and 10586 were insider builds released on the fast ring before they were released to the public with the same build number.

    Between build 10240 and 10586 there was not a single build released on the slow ring.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #177

    Winuser said:
    I think magilla was responding to my statement about MS not knowing why new builds will show up on some computers and not others.
    You are absolutely correct, Winuser!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #178

    lx07 said:
    Absolutely it does.

    Both 10240 and 10586 were insider builds released on the fast ring before they were released to the public with the same build number.

    Between build 10240 and 10586 there was not a single build released on the slow ring.
    We're playing semantics. So be it.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #179

    f14tomcat said:
    We're playing semantics. So be it.
    I'm not playing semantics.

    On the fast ring you get new builds and on the slow ring you don't.

    That isn't semantics - it is just how it is.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums