Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 Insider

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Feb 2016 #110

    Wynona said: View Post
    I remember Christa McAuliff (if I spelled her name correctly).
    Very tragic. I still rember when I first heard the news. http://www.history.com/news/5-things...uttle-disaster
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 936
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       07 Feb 2016 #111

    Wynona said: View Post
    I remember Christa McAuliff (if I spelled her name correctly).
    The first I remember is John Glenn.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Feb 2016 #112

    Does anybody remember Laika? If you do, you're telling showing your age. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 19,805
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       07 Feb 2016 #113

    Must be one of the Russian astronauts?

    BTW, I remember when Sputnik was first launched.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,266
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       07 Feb 2016 #114

    Wynona said: View Post
    Must be one of the Russian astronauts?

    BTW, I remember when Sputnik was first launched.
    From Wikipedia:
    For other uses, see Laika (disambiguation).

    Laika

    Laika (Soviet dog).jpg
    In 1957, Laika became the first animal launched into orbit, paving the way for human spaceflight. This photograph shows her in a flight harness.


    Other appellation(s)
    Kudryavka

    Species
    Canis lupus familiaris

    Breed
    Mongrel, possibly part-husky (or part-Samoyed) and part-terrier

    Sex
    Female

    Born
    c. 1954
    Moscow, Soviet Union

    Died
    November 3, 1957
    Sputnik 2, in geocentric orbit

    Nation from
    Soviet Union

    Years active
    1957

    Known for
    First animal to orbit the Earth

    Owner
    Soviet space program

    Weight
    5 kg (11 lb)

    Laika (Russian: Лайка;[a] c. 1954 – November 3, 1957) was a Soviet space dog who became one of the first animals in space, and the first animal to orbit the Earth. Laika, a stray dog from the streets of Moscow, was selected to be the occupant of the Soviet spacecraft Sputnik 2 that was launched into outer space on November 3, 1957.
    While the Americans used Chimps, the Russians used a smarter animal... a dog!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    07 Feb 2016 #115

    Wynona said: View Post
    Must be one of the Russian astronauts?

    BTW, I remember when Sputnik was first launched.
    She was a dog. The first living thing to be sent into space. She got nicknamed Muttnik. Sadly she didn't survive and burned up on re-entry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 704
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       07 Feb 2016 #116

    Winuser said: View Post
    Does anybody remember Laika? If you do, you're telling showing your age. :)
    I do I don't quite remember Sputnik (I was only 3) , but my older brothers sure do. I do remember Gagarin though, and Shepard - kind of a local boy (I live in NH). I was crazy about the Space Program from childhood, and remember a lot of the earliest achievements.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 704
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       07 Feb 2016 #117

    Winuser said: View Post
    She was a dog. The first living thing to be sent into space. She got nicknamed Muttnik. Sadly she didn't survive and burned up on re-entry.
    I named one of my many, many dogs over the years 'Laika' in her honor...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       07 Feb 2016 #118

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    The first I remember is John Glenn.
    I vaguely remember the very first orbital satellite Sputnik the Russians put up . I was maybe in Kindergarten then and didn't really understand it all and the first 15 min. NASA Mercury space flight on b/w TV I did understand by then and the rest of the Mercury spaceflights then Gemini, and Apollo and the moon missions those were remarkable and optimistic times for a lot of us .

    Mercury Flight: 1
    Mission Name: Mercury-Redstone 3
    Astronaut: Alan Shepard
    Capsule: Freedom 7

    Mercury Flight: 2
    Mission Name: Mercury-Redstone 4
    Astronaut: Gus Grissom
    Capsule: Liberty Bell 7

    Mercury Flight: 3
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 6
    Astronaut: John Glenn
    Capsule: Friendship 7

    Mercury Flight: 4
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 7
    Astronaut: Scott Carpenter
    Capsule: Aurora 7

    Mercury Flight: 5
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 8
    Astronaut: Wally Schirra
    Capsule: Sigma 7

    Mercury Flight: 6
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 9
    Astronaut: Gordon Cooper
    Capsule: Faith 7

    http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstud...ercury-58.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 936
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       07 Feb 2016 #119

    blutos cousin said: View Post
    I vaguely remember the very first orbital satellite Sputnik the Russians put up . I was maybe in Kindergarten then and didn't really understand it all and the first 15 min. NASA Mercury space flight on b/w TV I did understand by then and the rest of the Mercury spaceflights then Gemini, and Apollo and the moon missions those were remarkable and optimistic times for a lot of us .

    Mercury Flight: 1
    Mission Name: Mercury-Redstone 3
    Astronaut: Alan Shepard
    Capsule: Freedom 7

    Mercury Flight: 2
    Mission Name: Mercury-Redstone 4
    Astronaut: Gus Grissom
    Capsule: Liberty Bell 7

    Mercury Flight: 3
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 6
    Astronaut: John Glenn
    Capsule: Friendship 7

    Mercury Flight: 4
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 7
    Astronaut: Scott Carpenter
    Capsule: Aurora 7

    Mercury Flight: 5
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 8
    Astronaut: Wally Schirra
    Capsule: Sigma 7

    Mercury Flight: 6
    Mission Name: Mercury-Atlas 9
    Astronaut: Gordon Cooper
    Capsule: Faith 7

    http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstud...ercury-58.html
    Sad thing is, it looks like Russian or Mandarin will be the first language spoken on Mars.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
    644928570393890816 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
    Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:16.
    Find Us