Windows 10: The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Feb 2015 #71

    Yeah, that screen wasn't cheap but I'm happy with it. I've got it up and running. I had to edit the config.txt file to get the 800 x 480 resolution. I had some power issues too and had to unplug my WIFI dongle. Fixed that with another config.txt file edit. I was going upload some screen shots but the forum software isn't cooperating. It may be an issue on my end, I'm not sure what's going on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,345
    Win 10 Pro x64
       13 Feb 2015 #72

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Yeah, that screen wasn't cheap but I'm happy with it. I've got it up and running. I had to edit the config.txt file to get the 800 x 480 resolution. I had some power issues too and had to unplug my WIFI dongle. Fixed that with another config.txt file edit. I was going upload some screen shots but the forum software isn't cooperating. It may be an issue on my end, I'm not sure what's going on.
    Now you have more reason to get the Pi2. Power isn't a problem anymore with Pi2 as long as you supply the right Amp.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    13 Feb 2015 #73

    badrobot said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Yeah, that screen wasn't cheap but I'm happy with it. I've got it up and running. I had to edit the config.txt file to get the 800 x 480 resolution. I had some power issues too and had to unplug my WIFI dongle. Fixed that with another config.txt file edit. I was going upload some screen shots but the forum software isn't cooperating. It may be an issue on my end, I'm not sure what's going on.

    Now you have more reason to get the Pi2. Power isn't a problem anymore with Pi2 as long as you supply the right Amp.
    How so, I have a 2 A power pack hooked up now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,345
    Win 10 Pro x64
       13 Feb 2015 #74

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    badrobot said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Yeah, that screen wasn't cheap but I'm happy with it. I've got it up and running. I had to edit the config.txt file to get the 800 x 480 resolution. I had some power issues too and had to unplug my WIFI dongle. Fixed that with another config.txt file edit. I was going upload some screen shots but the forum software isn't cooperating. It may be an issue on my end, I'm not sure what's going on.

    Now you have more reason to get the Pi2. Power isn't a problem anymore with Pi2 as long as you supply the right Amp.
    How so, I have a 2 A power pack hooked up now?
    No, I meant power utilization on Pi2 is much more efficient now. You won't have that problem anymore of disconnecting peripherals to make other peripherals work. In fact, you can even attach an external USB harddive without any external power source for it. Or at least that's how I understand it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    13 Feb 2015 #75

    badrobot said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    badrobot said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Yeah, that screen wasn't cheap but I'm happy with it. I've got it up and running. I had to edit the config.txt file to get the 800 x 480 resolution. I had some power issues too and had to unplug my WIFI dongle. Fixed that with another config.txt file edit. I was going upload some screen shots but the forum software isn't cooperating. It may be an issue on my end, I'm not sure what's going on.

    Now you have more reason to get the Pi2. Power isn't a problem anymore with Pi2 as long as you supply the right Amp.
    How so, I have a 2 A power pack hooked up now?
    No, I meant power utilization on Pi2 is much more efficient now. You won't have that problem anymore of disconnecting peripherals to make other peripherals work. In fact, you can even attach an external USB harddive without any external power source for it. Or at least that's how I understand it.
    As far as I know your still limited to 500 MA max per USB port. That's 2 A for 4 ports, if all the devices draw maximum current. I have 2 A minus what the Pi itself uses to play with. With the display (which is USB powered), my keyboards unifying receiver and my WIFI dongle plugged in, it wouldn't boot up correctly. The display just kept flashing on and off. Once I unplugged my WIFI dongle it booted fine. I ended up adding a max_usb_current=1 line to the config.txt file to get it all to work at once. Everything seems to be working, I have internet etc. I am going to have to get a powered USB hub though as I still need to plug in my SDR dongle and I know that is power hungry.

    EDIT: It looks like the default for the Pi B+ is 600 MA total for all USB peripherals, not 500 MA per port, and what I did doubles it to 1.2 A total. I have a 2A power pack so I should be fine.
    https://projects.drogon.net/testing-...aspberry-pi-b/
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 5,585
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       13 Feb 2015 #76

    caperjack said: View Post
    have you tried Showbox on android ,better tv and movies than Netflix
    You don't need android for that, I was messing a few weeks back and got it running perfectly in windows with Bluestacks
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,191
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       13 Feb 2015 #77

    z3r010 said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    have you tried Showbox on android ,better tv and movies than Netflix
    You don't need android for that, I was messing a few weeks back and got it running perfectly in windows with Bluestacks
    correct ,kind of ,bluestacks is a android emulator ,I used it with bluestacks on my computer too,I like the android box because it portable and hdmi ,and doesn't tie up my computer
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    15 Feb 2015 #78

    Just ordered my Pi 2 from Cana Kit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    15 Feb 2015 #79

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Just ordered my Pi 2 from Cana Kit.
    Congrats.. have fun with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,345
    Win 10 Pro x64
       15 Feb 2015 #80

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Just ordered my Pi 2 from Cana Kit.
    Nice!
    Seems like you have a better chance of getting your unit earlier than mine..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Related Threads
The Raspberry Pi Thread in Chillout Room
After spaming this thread , https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
Get Windows 10 - Support. in General Support
Hey guys, I'm new here to the forum and require some help please. On my desktop pc the gw10 app didnt show for me although i have the correct windows updates etc... I have used the windows site and managed to get the app that way, but it fails...
Read more...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31.
Find Us