Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1.    16 Feb 2015 #101
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,455
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    I ordered mine from a HK based vendor and received it in 6 days. I'm curious as to how long it will take for you guys in Canada.
    I will post as soon as it get here
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Feb 2015 #102
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,205
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    It was 12.95 shipping for my Basic Starter Kit. Vancouver to Sydney N.S.

    EDIT: Now it's wait and see who gets theirs first.
    I actually cancelled my order from E14. It's not moving.
    But Cana Kit don't have just the Pi board so I got mine from ebay. Coming from HK. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the unit is in stock. Let's see.

    Raspberry PI 2 Model B 1GB RAM 900MHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU Heatsink Maus | eBay
    Let me know if you figure out what the third heat sink is for? I only used one big and one small on my B+.
    One each for the quad-core processor and USB/Ethernet chip on top and one for the 1GB RAM at the bottom of the card.

    Attachment 12729
    Attachment 12730
    I had a feeling you might point that out. That's the same heat sink pack I bought for my B+, before there ever was a 2 B. The B+ doesn't have the RAM on the bottom. Plus, if you put a heat sink on the bottom, it's not going to fit in a case. Look's like you'd need two large and one small, not one large and two small. I used the one big and one of the small from the pack I got, on my B+. Let me know what you actually do with yours when you get them. I just always wondered what the third heat sink was for and never did find anything online showing it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Feb 2015 #103
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    It was 12.95 shipping for my Basic Starter Kit. Vancouver to Sydney N.S.

    EDIT: Now it's wait and see who gets theirs first.
    I actually cancelled my order from E14. It's not moving.
    But Cana Kit don't have just the Pi board so I got mine from ebay. Coming from HK. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the unit is in stock. Let's see.

    Raspberry PI 2 Model B 1GB RAM 900MHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU Heatsink Maus | eBay
    Let me know if you figure out what the third heat sink is for? I only used one big and one small on my B+.
    One each for the quad-core processor and USB/Ethernet chip on top and one for the 1GB RAM at the bottom of the card.

    Attachment 12729
    Attachment 12730
    I had a feeling you might point that out. That's the same heat sink pack I bought for my B+, before there ever was a 2 B. The B+ doesn't have the RAM on the bottom. Plus, if you put a heat sink on the bottom, it's not going to fit in a case. Look's like you'd need two large and one small, not one large and two small. I used the one big and one of the small from the pack I got, on my B+. Let me know what you actually do with yours when you get them. I just always wondered what the third heat sink was for and never did find anything online showing it.

    Well, the heat sink was just a bonus and I did not take notice of it until you mentioned it. I've never used a heat sink before. I am not sure if I am gonna use them. Maybe I will since I already have them. Yeah, the bottom one might be a problem. We'll see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Feb 2015 #104
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,205
    Windows 10 IoT

    I've seen it mentioned that the heat sinks aren't needed, but people kept asking for them so they made some up. More for look's than actual functionality I guess. I'll likely get another set the next time I order something else. Not really worth it just ordering them by themselves. You can get just single heat sinks for the CPU. Actually, all I need is the double sided sticky thermal pads. I've got a whole box of heat sinks from dead motherboards etc. I could just cut one of the chip-set heat sinks down to size with my dremel tool. Adafruit has the sticky thermal pads or tape or whatever you want to call it, so maybe that's what I'll do. You know if Radio Shack was selling this type of stuff in their stores maybe they wouldn't be bankrupt.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Feb 2015 #105
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I've seen it mentioned that the heat sinks aren't needed, but people kept asking for them so they made some up. More for look's than actual functionality I guess. I'll likely get another set the next time I order something else. Not really worth it just ordering them by themselves. You can get just single heat sinks for the CPU. Actually, all I need is the double sided sticky thermal pads. I've got a whole box of heat sinks from dead motherboards etc. I could just cut one of the chip-set heat sinks down to size with my dremel tool. Adafruit has the sticky thermal pads or tape or whatever you want to call it, so maybe that's what I'll do. You know if Radio Shack was selling this type of stuff in their stores maybe they wouldn't be bankrupt.



    I am thinking maybe heat sinks are only necessary if you are going to make your raspi work like a server that needs to be working 24/7. Or if you overclock it for specific purposes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Feb 2015 #106
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Okay, mine is shipped now. At least I know it's on the way. Unlike in Element 14, it just keeps saying "Received".

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Feb 2015 #107
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,205
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I've seen it mentioned that the heat sinks aren't needed, but people kept asking for them so they made some up. More for look's than actual functionality I guess. I'll likely get another set the next time I order something else. Not really worth it just ordering them by themselves. You can get just single heat sinks for the CPU. Actually, all I need is the double sided sticky thermal pads. I've got a whole box of heat sinks from dead motherboards etc. I could just cut one of the chip-set heat sinks down to size with my dremel tool. Adafruit has the sticky thermal pads or tape or whatever you want to call it, so maybe that's what I'll do. You know if Radio Shack was selling this type of stuff in their stores maybe they wouldn't be bankrupt.



    I am thinking maybe heat sinks are only necessary if you are going to make your raspi work like a server that needs to be working 24/7. Or if you overclock it for specific purposes.
    It can't hurt to use them if you have them. I'll likely buy another set eventually. I bought the first set with some other stuff. I'll be ordering some more Pi related stuff once I get my income tax refund.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Feb 2015 #108
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,455
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    I'll be Pi related stuff once I get my income tax refund
    a refund ,are you sure your a Cape Bretoner
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Feb 2015 #109
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 553
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT

    I hear that Microsoft are to provide W10 free of charge for the Rasberry pi 2. Thanks Microsoft
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Feb 2015 #110
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    N Calif
    Posts : 694
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 (laptop), W10Pro (tablet)

    Yes, but it's a different version of W10 and you have to sign up as a developer to get it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
The Raspberry Pi Thread
After spaming this thread , https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
Chillout Room
Get Windows 10 - Support.
Hey guys, I'm new here to the forum and require some help please. On my desktop pc the gw10 app didnt show for me although i have the correct windows updates etc... I have used the windows site and managed to get the app that way, but it fails...
General Support
Windows 10: MKV support out of the box
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums