Windows 10: Today Microsoft Starts the Most Aggressive Windows 10 Upgrade Campaign

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Feb 2016 #21

    rfcomptech said: View Post
    I have using windows 10 now for about 2 months and all I have had is one problem after another and my opinion is that Microsoft has idiots for programmers, because I don't think that they even tested windows ten. Anytime you write a new program or even updates for an exiting program you need to test the program or test the update for a program. I am going to reload Windows 7 and find a way to get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade icon that they put the task bar. In my opinion Microsoft has gotten worse with every os they have come out with since Window XP. I am just ranting know so I will stop, enough said.
    Windows 10 has been tested. By MS and those of us that are in the Insider Program. IMHO, MS hurriedly released Win 10 to the public so they could distance themselves from Win 8. Win 8.1 should have been the first release of Win 8. Cortana wasn't ready, Edge wasn't ready and their Windows as a service(forced updates) wasn't ready. All these and a few other things need a lot more improving. I just hope MS didn't ruin Win10 by releasing it to early like they did with Win 8. I like Win 10 and don't plan on going back to a earlier Windows version. I just think MS should have held off releasing Win 10 to the general public until a few more things was ready.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Feb 2016 #22

    dencal said: View Post
    This will obviously upset the W7/8.1 aficionados along with the anti W10 brigade.
    This brings to mind the oft quoted "Intelligence is measured by ones ability to adapt to change"
    Of course that quote comes from someone with just an opinion like everyone else. Funny how you want to constantly tout that "haters gonna hate" thinking, yet you feel free to insult those opposed to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    02 Feb 2016 #23

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I think that people should get the option one time and then they should be able to totally opt out.

    /Waiting for the MS hate to begin..
    No no I completely agree with that. Just the second comment in this thread bugged me that's all. But I'm good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Feb 2016 #24

    rfcomptech said: View Post
    I have using windows 10 now for about 2 months and all I have had is one problem after another and my opinion is that Microsoft has idiots for programmers, because I don't think that they even tested windows ten. Anytime you write a new program or even updates for an exiting program you need to test the program or test the update for a program. I am going to reload Windows 7 and find a way to get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade icon that they put the task bar. In my opinion Microsoft has gotten worse with every os they have come out with since Window XP. I am just ranting know so I will stop, enough said.
    Jody Thornton said: View Post
    No no I completely agree with that. Just the second comment in this thread bugged me that's all. But I'm good.
    The above post is what I was expecting when I made that comment.

    I think that he needs to describe his experience as a programmer before he tosses stones at anyone at MS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Feb 2016 #25

    If you don't want W10 and want to be safe from some sneaky update, install a W10 in a virtual partition. That seems to be the remedy and they will then leave you alone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       02 Feb 2016 #26

    If you don't want W10 and want to be safe from some sneaky update, just don't leave more than about 4GB of free space - i.e. less than the size of install.esd plus the applied updated windows setup files - on on your main windows partition - you can always mount a volume in an empty ntfs folder in your <username> folder to give yourself additional data storage space, which will not be available for upgrading your system.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    02 Feb 2016 #27

    dencal said: View Post
    This will obviously upset the W7/8.1 aficionados along with the anti W10 brigade.
    This brings to mind the oft quoted "Intelligence is measured by ones ability to adapt to change"
    I am a W7 aficionado and more than likely will be there a while longer. I am also on ios because I was'nt waiting for msft, all those years ago.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    03 Feb 2016 #28

    jebuchanan said: View Post
    I don't understand why there isn't a class action lawsuit against MS over this
    Really holding my water over this silly . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,293
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       03 Feb 2016 #29

    Jody Thornton said: View Post
    Of course that quote comes from someone with just an opinion like everyone else. Funny how you want to constantly tout that "haters gonna hate" thinking, yet you feel free to insult those opposed to you.
    The usual inaccuracy when someone wants to make a point I quote:- (Funny how you want to constantly tout that "haters gonna hate" thinking,) on what basis?
    If you feel insulted by the quote it suggests it might have hit a nerve.
    Last edited by dencal; 03 Feb 2016 at 04:55.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    03 Feb 2016 #30

    dencal said: View Post
    The usual inaccuracy when someone wants to make a point I quote:- (Funny how you want to constantly tout that "haters gonna hate" thinking,) on what basis?
    If you feel insulted by the quote it suggests it might have hit a nerve.
    . . .a big one. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Announcing the Microsoft HoloLens campaign | Building Apps for Windows Vote or Share idea at: Share Your Idea | HoloLens
Hi, after upgrading from Win7 Ultimate with Office 2007 to Won10 pro, every time I star Excel or Word or PowerPoint the Windows Installer screen appears and then asks for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition.ENU disk. ...
Read more: Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10
Source: The New Xbox One Experience Starts Rolling Out To Preview Today |

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40.
Find Us