Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    04 Feb 2016 #81
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 1,767
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    So could delete them then and clean up disc a bit
    Unless KB3136562 installed only the listed updates not already installed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    04 Feb 2016 #82
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,563
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    Quote Originally Posted by larc919 View Post
    Unless KB3136562 installed only the listed updates not already installed.
    Have installed that one
    So hopefully the ones CH listed can be removed safely via uninstall updates
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    04 Feb 2016 #83
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 110
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Reldel View Post
    Installed update and it fixed a long standing update problem that threw regular 0x80070643 error code after an update check. This error code has repeated regularly for months even though the Windows update ran and downloaded property.
    I had the opposite experience. I installed this update and I started getting that error code when trying to install Defender updates. I uninstalled this update and had to do a system restore to get it working right again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    04 Feb 2016 #84
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Henderson
    Posts : 147
    Windows 10 Pro
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Feb 2016 #85
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Covington, Louisiana
    Posts : 735
    Windows 10 1703 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Have installed that one
    So hopefully the ones CH listed can be removed safely via uninstall updates
    I would NOT recommend you doing that. They are called Cumulative updates for a reason. The latest updates have all the previous updates but when installed only the new files that need updating are done. Files that were updated in previous updates are left untouched. If you uninstall a previous update you will have old versions of files.


    If you do a clean install then only the latest cumulative update is need to update all the files.


    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Feb 2016 #86
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,563
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I would NOT recommend you doing that. They are called Cumulative updates for a reason. The latest updates have all the previous updates but when installed only the new files that need updating are done. Files that were updated in previous updates are left untouched. If you uninstall a previous update you will have old versions of files.


    If you do a clean install then only the latest cumulative update is need to update all the files.


    Jim
    OK for got about that
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Feb 2016 #87
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,889
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by AnEdge View Post
    Maybe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    05 Feb 2016 #88
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 552
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit

    Is This Right?


    Hi all, silly question time, having previously installed KB3136562 without any problems. Decided to uninstall, all went well and version of windows reverted to 10586.71, but update history still shows that I installed KB3136562.
    Is this correct ? or should it have been removed from here also.

    Thanks in advance for any help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Feb 2016 #89
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,944
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by thegeriatric View Post
    Hi all, silly question time, having previously installed KB3136562 without any problems. Decided to uninstall, all went well and version of windows reverted to 10586.71, but update history still shows that I installed KB3136562.
    Is this correct ? or should it have been removed from here also.

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    As far as I'm aware that is correct as only shows the install history.

    The fact that you then uninstalled it wouldn't be written to that log.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Feb 2016 #90
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,619
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by DooGie View Post
    As far as I'm aware that is correct as only shows the install history.

    The fact that you then uninstalled it wouldn't be written to that log.
    That is correct. Install history is simply an ongoing log of successful & failed KB updates. Installed updates is the true picture of your status. DooGie is right. Just confirming.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124262 61078 Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3124262 Direct download Links: x64:...
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124263
58497 Restart required. Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3124263 Direct download links: Windows 10: x86:
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908)
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116908 http://i.imgur.com/onCaKKt.png
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3124200 for Windows 10 Version 1511
Just getting this now on non insider build cant find any details yet on what its for 54083
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3118754)
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118754 http://i.imgur.com/kwu3YFd.png
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums