Windows 10 After 6 Months: Already the Second Most Used Desktop OS

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       #60

    zooburner said:
    I'm not sure 10 boots faster, it gets to the start screen quicker then takes longer to load personal settings, at least for me overall it seems the same.

    As for windows 7 slowing down, I have never experienced this myself, but you may have on your machine.

    Windows 10 seems Ok, but not brilliant to me.
    You must only run a couple of programmes because I can assure you Windows 7 slows down to a crawl, I know, I've had it running on heaps of computers.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       #61

    My parents and relatives have Win 7 and they have ridiculous amounts of program's and their computers are very very fast , maybe just bad luck for some.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       #62

    fredc said:
    My parents and relatives have Win 7 and they have ridiculous amounts of program's and their computers are very very fast , maybe just bad luck for some.
    Yeah I know, I'm just unlucky, I keep on building and buying crap computers, I don't even know how I made a living out of building and repairing computers being so unlucky.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 353
    Windows 10 Pro
       #63

    BillyBob said:
    You must only run a couple of programmes because I can assure you Windows 7 slows down to a crawl, I know, I've had it running on heaps of computers.
    Bob, I often ran multiple programs, and still do and at least to me, seems as zippy as windows 10, maybe on a slower machine I might notice a difference not sure, maybe all i would need would be one rouge program not sure.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,809
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #64

    whs said:
    I don't understand why everybody is kicking Vista. I think it was a good OS that never gave me any problems. There were a few glitches with the device drivers, but that cannot be held against the OS.
    I was only referring to market share.

    I never had Vista installed on my PC.
    My XP install was running great (since I'd stopped using IE6) when Vista was released, so there was no incentive to swap to an OS that there were a lot of complaints about.

    I used several Vista PCs (I don't know if they were original, SP1 or SP2):
    • One behaved just like the Apple ad claimed (i.e. constant UAC interruptions)
    • The rest behaved more like W7


    BillyBob said:
    10 Boots faster, runs faster, is more secure, doesn't slow down like Windows 7 when you add a lot of programmes, and in my opinion is just as stable if not more so.
    All operating systems slow down once you add anything to them (even Linux distros exhibit this).

    I suspect that patches are the main reason.
    That said, a clean install including all the latest patches always seems to run faster, than an install that has had years of program and OS updates.

    Once I added a few programs to my W10 VM it started taking twice as long to boot.
    I only have a few basic items (e.g. browser, media player) installed.
    I haven't installed MS Office, or even worse, Adobe bloatware on it.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 31 Jan 2016 at 17:40. Reason: Quote Added
      My Computer


  6. whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #65

    BillyBob said:
    Yeah I know, I'm just unlucky, I keep on building and buying crap computers, I don't even know how I made a living out of building and repairing computers being so unlucky.
    I have to say that I am also a bit stunned by what you post because it is not typical for W7. Whatever the reason you may have just had bad luck. Everything on my W7 machines is instant - and I have seven. But they all run on SSDs.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       #66

    BillyBob said:
    Yeah I know, I'm just unlucky, I keep on building and buying crap computers, I don't even know how I made a living out of building and repairing computers being so unlucky.

    Despite your amazing know how and experience it does seem you notice things that others don't , thats all .

    Have a good evening Bob.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       #67

    whs said:
    I have to say that I am also a bit stunned by what you post because it is not typical for W7. Whatever the reason you may have just had bad luck. Everything on my W7 machines is instant - and I have seven. But they all run on SSDs.
    So all those posts years ago on Windows 7 forums about their computers slowing down after about 6 months were from unlucky people, no worries, I believe you.
    Like I said, if you're thing is running antiquated operating systems go ahead, I'll keep running the latest thanks.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       #68

    fredc said:
    Despite your amazing know how and experience it does seem you notice things that others don't , thats all .

    Have a good evening Bob.
    I don't know anything, I just make stuff up as I go along, I've been listening to this stuff since the DOS days, like I said, nothing ever changes on Windows forums.

    I'll just say one last thing on this subject, I wonder why Registry cleaners became so popular.
      My Computer


  10. whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #69

    BillyBob said:
    So all those posts years ago on Windows 7 forums about their computers slowing down after about 6 months were from unlucky people, no worries, I believe you.
    Like I said, if you're thing is running antiquated operating systems go ahead, I'll keep running the latest thanks.
    I can only go by my own experience and that is a super fast Windows 7. My boot time is around 15 seconds and for the rest it is also very snappy. And why should I bother with a new OS when mine runs perfectly.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums