Windows 10: Windows 10 After 6 Months: Already the Second Most Used Desktop OS

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    31 Jan 2016 #41

    I don't understand why everybody is kicking Vista. I think it was a good OS that never gave me any problems. There were a few glitches with the device drivers, but that cannot be held against the OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    31 Jan 2016 #42

    whs said: View Post
    I don't understand why everybody is kicking Vista. I think it was a good OS that never gave me any problems. There were a few glitches with the device drivers, but that cannot be held against the OS.
    Hi there

    the main trouble with it was that people were "gimicked" into using it on basically inadequate hardware -- if you run it on a modern decently specced Vm it works fiine -- and two things I still like about Vista -- Aero Glass and the idea of gadgets. The current tiles on W10 just aren't the same.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Jan 2016 #43

    pitbullpup said: View Post
    Actually I don't see why anyone would consider Android to be a valid operating system. unfortunately I have an android phone and an android tablet. Android 4.4 kit kat has come a long way from android 2.2 but it is no where near as user friendly or stable as ios.
    In all fairness, you're using an old version, Kitkat is nearly two and a half years old. The current version is 6.0.1 and it's very stable and user friendly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Jan 2016 #44

    whs said: View Post
    I don't understand why everybody is kicking Vista. I think it was a good OS that never gave me any problems. There were a few glitches with the device drivers, but that cannot be held against the OS.
    I totally agree. When I used it I have zero issues. The problems I did encounter were with a driver issue for a sound card and I had a little issue finding a decent free CD burner software. But that really isn't MS's fault.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       31 Jan 2016 #45

    BillyBob said: View Post
    Is that sarcasm, because there's no way 7 is faster than 10, I've got it on 4 computers to prove it. 7 slows down like a dog when you start loading heaps of programmes on it, and so far I haven't noticed any slowdown on Windows 10.

    I don't think it was sarcasm at all , lots and lots of people who have tried Win 10 think Win 7 runs faster and is just a better OS all around , the percentage of users staying with 7 even though Win 10 is free indicates that as well .

    I tried Win 10 for 6 weeks , it ran well but my Win 7 runs better and doesn't contain all that extra stuff that i know i will never use and MS makes it overly difficult to remove all the stuff people don't want as well .

    They allow easy uninstall for only certain programs but remove the uninstall option for others they don't want you to uninstall , much less user control with Win 10 than Win 7 .

    Very happy for you that Win 10 runs better on your machines but it is not the case with everybody by any means even with a clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 Jan 2016 #46

    Win 7 runs faster and is just a better OS all around
    I am not certain about the speed, but Win7 is definitely a better OS. MS will have to do a lot of homework before Win10 is ready for prime time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    31 Jan 2016 #47

    whs said: View Post
    I am not certain about the speed, but Win7 is definitely a better OS. MS will have to do a lot of homework before Win10 is ready for prime time.
    Keep in mind not everyone shares the same view. I think that 10 is as good as 7 and is ready for primetime.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       31 Jan 2016 #48

    whs said: View Post
    I am not certain about the speed, but Win7 is definitely a better OS. MS will have to do a lot of homework before Win10 is ready for prime time.

    Speed is different and varies a lot between each individuals setup so no surprise there , i did not think Win 10 was faster for me but others say they think it is .

    I agree 100% about Win 10 needing lots and lots of work to get close to Win 7 as a polished OS .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
       31 Jan 2016 #49

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Keep in mind not everyone shares the same view. I think that 10 is as good as 7 and is ready for primetime.

    Noted but how anyone would think 10 is even remotely close to 7 is beyond me lol. If 10 ever does become close to 7 there will be a lot more people willing to migrate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    31 Jan 2016 #50

    fredc said: View Post
    Noted but how anyone would think 10 is even remotely close to 7 is beyond me lol. If 10 ever does become close to 7 there will be a lot more people willing to migrate.
    Simply because it is. It's stable and fast. Has a nice start menu and all of the programs/apps run fine. Why do you think that 7 is so much better and faster??
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime? | ZDNet
Hi :) , Sorry my thread title is quite bad, but my problem can only be described as "weird". For some reason, my laptop has turned crazy recently, the following basically: I can't access the features from start menu (so can't launch apps,...
I did the Win 10 upgrade on both our Laptops and kinda like it but not to sure... My problem is we are reaching the 30 day time limit to go back to 7, we are going on vacation (in 3 days) for 3 months and I am afraid that there will be Win 10...
... this lousy T-shirt :chuckle: 27135 I called the nearest MS Store on 28 July to see if it would have any promotional giveaways for the roll-out. The automated message told me to check the MS Store Facebook page. I already knew that the BIG...
Hi I am currently running Win 8.1 and intend to upgrade to Win 10 later this week. I am in the habit of upgrading my hardware about every 5 years or so. What happens in say 18 months when I get a new cpu and m/b, how do I get Win 10 back again? I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06.
Find Us