Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Mar 2014
    Posts : 71
    Windows 10, 64 bit
       30 Jan 2016 #21

    I like Windows 10 but it doesn't seem as fast or stable as Windows 7 yet. Hopefully with the next major update it will be.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,932
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Jan 2016 #22

    I never have used a mac simply because business really don't use them and the little PC work/use I did was just to connect to a mainframe host system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,431
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Jan 2016 #23

    When I was considering to upgrade to a PC or Apple computer I let the software selection choose for me. I started out with a Atari 800XL and when it started getting to hard to find any software I went with a Tandy 1000 RLX. The Tandy was my first computer with a HDD. When it became hard to find software for the Tandy I decided it was time for another new computer. When I went to my favorite software store("Electronics Boutique" if I remember correctly) I compared the amount of software for the PC compared to the amount of software available for the Apple. Not wanting to get stuck with another computer system that was going to be abandoned I chose the PC. To this day even though Apple is still around I'm glad I chose the PC and not the Apple.

    edit: My first Windows computer was a Packard Bell 80286 running Windows for Workgroup 3.1 or 3.11.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,932
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Jan 2016 #24

    Winuser said: View Post
    When I was considering to upgrade to a PC or Apple computer I let the software selection choose for me. I started out with a Atari 800XL and when it started getting to hard to find any software I went with a Tandy 1000 RLX. The Tandy was my first computer with a HDD. When it became hard to find software for the Tandy I decided it was time for another new computer. When I went to my favorite software store("Electronics Boutique" if I remember correctly) I compared the amount of software for the PC compared to the amount of software available for the Apple. Not wanting to get stuck with another computer system that was going to be abandoned I chose the PC. To this day even though Apple is still around I'm glad I chose the PC and not the Apple.

    edit: My first Windows computer was a Packard Bell 80286 running Windows for Workgroup 3.1 or 3.11.
    For the win.. right tool for the right job.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Kenner
    Posts : 181
    Windows 10 Home x64
       30 Jan 2016 #25

    So far I feel the move to Windows 10 was the right decision. My first computer was a Commodore 64. Ran a local BBS with it and met a lot of good people. The thirst for more power, access to more software, and my job lead me to Microsoft.
    I feel in time, Windows 10 will be will be solid and stable operating system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro
       30 Jan 2016 #26

    PaulGo said: View Post
    I like Windows 10 but it doesn't seem as fast or stable as Windows 7 yet. Hopefully with the next major update it will be.
    actually for me windows 10 seems much faster than windows 7... not quite as fast as my core 2 duo mac mini running os x 10.11 el capitan.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro
       30 Jan 2016 #27

    the other thing is my dell latitude e6410 although a nice computer with the 2.67 i5 processor doesn't scream hey look at me. it is not at all a "flashy" looking machine. it has a stanless steel lid but other than that it doesn't have a cool lit up symbol on the lid or be made out of all aluminum. it kinda looks like most other laptops. it doesn't create attention
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       30 Jan 2016 #28

    PaulGo said: View Post
    I like Windows 10 but it doesn't seem as fast or stable as Windows 7 yet. Hopefully with the next major update it will be.
    Is that sarcasm, because there's no way 7 is faster than 10, I've got it on 4 computers to prove it. 7 slows down like a dog when you start loading heaps of programmes on it, and so far I haven't noticed any slowdown on Windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2016
    Henderson
    Posts : 145
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Jan 2016 #29

    10 coming from 7 on my HP rocks!! It took a lot of perseverance and tweaking, but it was totally worth it. At this point I can actually say much better than 7.

    Took a lot of work though!! The forums here made it all possible. HP and MS didn't / couldn't help me one bit. But the 10 forums? This is where its at!!
    Last edited by AnEdge; 30 Jan 2016 at 21:02.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       30 Jan 2016 #30

    AnEdge said: View Post
    10 coming from 7 on my HP rocks!! It took a lot of perseverance and tweaking, but it was totally worth it. At this point I can actually say much better than 7.

    Took a lot of work though!! The forums here made it all possible. HP and MS didn't help me one bit. But the 10 forums? This where its at!!
    Now this is interesting and I congratulate you for having done all the required tuning. But can that be expected from an average user. An OS has to be optimal out of the box. I can tune any OS because I have developed those systems for more than 30 years. But I refuse to do so. If they are no good out of the box, I look for something else..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?
Read more: Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime? | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Laptop weird 2 months after Windows 10 installation?
Hi :) , Sorry my thread title is quite bad, but my problem can only be described as "weird". For some reason, my laptop has turned crazy recently, the following basically: I can't access the features from start menu (so can't launch apps,...
Performance & Maintenance
Temporally Going BACK to Win 7 For A Few Months
I did the Win 10 upgrade on both our Laptops and kinda like it but not to sure... My problem is we are reaching the 30 day time limit to go back to 7, we are going on vacation (in 3 days) for 3 months and I am afraid that there will be Win 10...
General Support
Ten (10) months of testing, 30 miles ... and all I got was
... this lousy T-shirt :chuckle: 27135 I called the nearest MS Store on 28 July to see if it would have any promotional giveaways for the roll-out. The automated message told me to check the MS Store Facebook page. I already knew that the BIG...
Chillout Room
Computer upgrade after 12 months
Hi I am currently running Win 8.1 and intend to upgrade to Win 10 later this week. I am in the habit of upgrading my hardware about every 5 years or so. What happens in say 18 months when I get a new cpu and m/b, how do I get Win 10 back again? I...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums