Windows 10: Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    31 Jan 2015 #31

    Dave44 said: View Post
    no surprise as Spartan is replacement for metro IE no metro in windows 7 so no spartan
    MS might just offer Spartan for Win7 if there is enough demand.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    31 Jan 2015 #32

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Dave44 said: View Post
    no surprise as Spartan is replacement for metro IE no metro in windows 7 so no spartan
    MS might just offer Spartan for Win7 if there is enough demand.
    If there is enough demand then they are clearly not doing a good enough job pushing people to Windows 10...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Jan 2015 #33

    futurdreamz said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Dave44 said: View Post
    no surprise as Spartan is replacement for metro IE no metro in windows 7 so no spartan
    MS might just offer Spartan for Win7 if there is enough demand.
    If there is enough demand then they are clearly not doing a good enough job pushing people to Windows 10...
    If there is enough demand for the browser Spartan to be provided for Win7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Jan 2015 #34

    sorry.... I took the detour to "privacy features" which is a lot bigger [LOT] than browserology.
    btw - will new IE have sync'ing?

    on android and IOS I much prefer Dolphin. its probably the fastest, most stable, and most customizable browser I've used. smartly, they don't want to fool with a fast shrinking PC market.
    I Like IE for youtube, of all things, because it is demonstrably more efficient with youtube. that said, it is probably not true on desktops with dedicated vid cards [good ones, that is..]. Chrome is awful of late, efficiency-wise, but what its good at is speed among a lot of open tabs as long as vids are stopped [flash objects "click to play".... would be a nice feature for IE-n]
    its also quick to coherency - browsers in general these days try to trick the appearance of being "fast to start" but it ain't so. FFox's latest is a long wait - take a bathroom break. Chrome is legit fast on the first search or address input.
    opera is too slow to matter - that is from a dead start, and apparently no one there is ever going to fix the awful bookmarks management - dreadful.
    in the past I hated IE ["internet exploder"] and counseled all my dependencies to avoid - but those days are past for me. no hate. good for some tasks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    31 Jan 2015 #35

    All true but: You could say that Windows 7 will eventually get Spartan because all Windows 7 users will be able to update for free to Windows 10 which will get spartan...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 Jan 2015 #36

    altae said: View Post
    All true but: You could say that Windows 7 will eventually get Spartan because all Windows 7 users will be able to update for free to Windows 10 which will get spartan...
    yes but they only got a year to upgrade
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    31 Jan 2015 #37

    I don't think MS will make Spartan available for Windows 7. MS is trying their best to get Windows 7 users to upgrade to 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,176
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       01 Feb 2015 #38

    Dave44 said: View Post
    altae said: View Post
    All true but: You could say that Windows 7 will eventually get Spartan because all Windows 7 users will be able to update for free to Windows 10 which will get spartan...
    yes but they only got a year to upgrade
    only a year !we only one need 1 day to do it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    01 Feb 2015 #39

    caperjack said: View Post
    Dave44 said: View Post
    altae said: View Post
    All true but: You could say that Windows 7 will eventually get Spartan because all Windows 7 users will be able to update for free to Windows 10 which will get spartan...
    yes but they only got a year to upgrade
    only a year !we only one need 1 day to do it
    I bet the servers might get overloaded in the first few days.. but I'll try later in the night to get my copy!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,176
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       01 Feb 2015 #40

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    Dave44 said: View Post
    altae said: View Post
    All true but: You could say that Windows 7 will eventually get Spartan because all Windows 7 users will be able to update for free to Windows 10 which will get spartan...
    yes but they only got a year to upgrade
    only a year !we only one need 1 day to do it
    I bet the servers might get overloaded in the first few days.. but I'll try later in the night to get my copy!!
    was just making a point ,it will likely be busy for a long time ,because its FREE ,everyone in computer land loves free ---
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10
Read more: Microsofts why See also: Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable - Windows 10 Forums
Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser | The Verge
Read more: Microsoft Spartan: One browser for all versions of Windows 10 - Neowin
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.
Find Us