Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 Insider

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #100

    Cliff S said:
    That would be better as it might fix the problem by cleaning up WinSxS which has copies of regedit when you make changes to it. But... don't do it after you swap regedit out(and it's working) as it will place the original(correct version for that build) back.I recommend you copy and not move the 10240 regedit for this reason, so you will always have a copy of it, and not have to search and download it all over again.
    Okay, so I have tried your commands on my main OS before replacing my current RegEdit.exe with the one from 10240 build. In fact, I haven't replaced it yet, I'll do it right after finishing this post.

    The result of your commands is shown in the following screenshot - which I took before rebooting my system:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102-1.png

    As you can observe, it found corrupted files and successfully "repaired" them. After rebooting I've immediately checked the OpenCL.dll files in both System32 and SysWOW64 folders. The result of the "repair" was a crippled OpenCL.dll of approx. 27KB in size... I've clean installed the latest NVIDIA driver right away and the problem is fixed.

    I will apply now the 10240 regedit.exe file on my main OS and store it in my USB2.0 stick, where I always keep all the latest available drivers for my system, together with some other very useful files and notes.

    Thank you.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #101

    There are better registry editors than standard MS one:
    Download Registry Finder - MajorGeeks
    I was using RegSupremePro many years but lost the license a while ago. That one was perfect tool.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 26,343
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #102

    Joanne said:
    Okay, so I have tried your commands on my main OS before replacing my current RegEdit.exe with the one from 10240 build. In fact, I haven't replaced it yet, I'll do it right after finishing this post.

    The result of your commands is shown in the following screenshot - which I took before rebooting my system:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102-1.png

    As you can observe, it found corrupted files and successfully "repaired" them. After rebooting I've immediately checked the OpenCL.dll files in both System32 and SysWOW64 folders. The result of the "repair" was a crippled OpenCL.dll of approx. 27KB in size... I've clean installed the latest NVIDIA driver right away and the problem is fixed.

    I will apply now the 10240 regedit.exe file on my main OS and store it in my USB2.0 stick, where I always keep all the latest available drivers for my system, together with some other very useful files and notes.

    Thank you.
    That with the OpenCL.dll seems to be a sticking point in Win10, doesn't it? I mean a few users have had problems with it.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #103

    Cliff S said:
    That with the OpenCL.dll seems to be a sticking point in Win10, doesn't it? I mean a few users have had problems with it.
    Personally, I did not have any issue with Microsoft's OpenCL.dll, which is around 27KB whereas NVIDIA's one is 191KB. However I am referring to desktop (office) usage. Recently I have installed and played, for a very short amount of time, a few PC games but I had already replaced the file (with the NVIDIA one). No problems at all.

    When it comes to 3rd party Registry Editors I'm sure many fine tools exist, the point though is that Microsoft's editor used to work and it should work properly.

    One last question, please: - How is the Mail App working for you? Does it synchronize rapidly? Does the Live tile work?
    After today's update (Mail and Calendar) I think that it synchronizes now but the Live tile still does not work for me. One fine thing I have observed though is that now, when I delete an e-mail in the Mail App, when afterwards I boot into my main OS and open Outlook 2016 (my main e-mail client), the deleted e-mail is not there anymore! I think it is the first time it works like this - the proper way it should always work.

    Thanks. :)
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 26,343
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #104

    For the calendar app, I find it needs something to show other than the date to "kick in". This is usually after a version upgrade or repair install. What works for me to get it showing again, after making sure it's on of course, is I create an arbitrary all day event for that day, such as "work you darn calendar":
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102-image-001.png

    For the Mail app I haven't had any problems.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #105

    Mail APP is working fine here although Outlook 2013 is my main client, it synchronizes immediately and same time my Gmail opened live in FF does. No problem with synchronization with W10 on my Lumia 640. Calendar is also updated as live tile. Only live tile that is not syncing with it's content is Weather, until it's actually opened.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 26,343
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #106

    Hmmm You both should maybe check Settings app>> Privacy>> Location and make sure your respective apps have it turned on... just thinking out loud
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102-image-001.png
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 357
    Release (17134.471) + Insider Preview Fast Ring (18298.1)
       #107

    Finally got the 11102 build! About time!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 72
    Windows 10 Insider
       #108

    CountMike said:
    This update also turned System Restore off.
    Has there been a reason posted for this? There are a couple of things that always get turned off doing an update.

    With more of these coming this year is there a reason that this happens and/or?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,050
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #109

    cpupro said:
    Has there been a reason posted for this? There are a couple of things that always get turned off doing an update.

    With more of these coming this year is there a reason that this happens and/or?
    This gives a fairly good explanation. Basically, MS is trying to get the storage footprint down as far as possible to run on low-end devices.
    Why is System Restore turned off in Windows 10? (And how to switch it back on again)
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums