View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer 11 (IE11)

    38 15.32%
  • Microsoft Edge

    36 14.52%
  • Chrome

    67 27.02%
  • Firefox

    92 37.10%
  • Opera

    5 2.02%
  • Other

    10 4.03%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Jan 2016 #21
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Firefox almost exclusively,
    Maxthon when I want 'toys' to play with.
    I've tried Maxthon and for some reason it never spoke to me the way that Fire Fox does or Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 Jan 2016 #22
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,655
    10 Pro

    Edge usually. Unless I need to use Cisco VPN in which case I have to use IE.
    TOR (Firefox) if I'm feeling secretive.
    Safari on OSX.

    Chrome, no. All these secretive guys on this forum have put me off it
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Jan 2016 #23
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Edge usually. Unless I need to use Cisco VPN in which case I have to use IE.
    TOR (Firefox) if I'm feeling secretive.
    Safari on OSX.

    Chrome, no. All these secretive guys on this forum have put me off it
    I've used Chrome from time to time but I never can stick with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Jan 2016 #24

    Hi there

    Not another Browser comparison -- it's getting MEGA BORING.

    Sometimes you have to use a particular browser because the alternatives don't have the functionality -- for instance SKY GO for SKY TV subscribers needs Silverlight which isn't supported in Edge and is "Iffy" ib Chrome.

    Others prefer Menus or other ways a browsers interface looks. As for Speed etc there are so many things that ALSO have to be taken into account that the whole concept becomes impossible to quantify.

    1) If your Internet connection is poor then it doesn't matter what you use --results will be frustratingly slow.
    2) If the TARGET website is overloaded then your response will also be poor.
    3) If the website you are using (Google is particularly bad at this) starts collecting hidden stats over what sites you've been to or how you phrase your searches then the extra code in this will cause added delays in response time. --Edge is particularly prone to yielding up the users browsing habits especially when the user is using Google.
    4) Target website has poorly written code then you will also get poor response time.

    Browser comparison on SPEED is probably pointless these days until you can debug waht's actually going on.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Jan 2016 #25
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi there

    Not another Browser comparison -- it's getting MEGA BORING.

    Sometimes you have to use a particular browser because the alternatives don't have the functionality -- for instance SKY GO for SKY TV subscribers needs Silverlight which isn't supported in Edge and is "Iffy" ib Chrome.

    Others prefer Menus or other ways a browsers interface looks. As for Speed etc there are so many things that ALSO have to be taken into account that the whole concept becomes impossible to quantify.

    1) If your Internet connection is poor then it doesn't matter what you use --results will be frustratingly slow.
    2) If the TARGET website is overloaded then your response will also be poor.
    3) If the website you are using (Google is particularly bad at this) starts collecting hidden stats over what sites you've been to or how you phrase your searches then the extra code in this will cause added delays in response time. --Edge is particularly prone to yielding up the users browsing habits especially when the user is using Google.
    4) Target website has poorly written code then you will also get poor response time.

    Browser comparison on SPEED is probably pointless these days until you can debug waht's actually going on.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    And you posted in this thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Jan 2016 #26
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,378
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Edge because of the benefits Cortana and Bing give, but have to use IE when watching SKY GO, as not supported in Edge, but Edge makes the changeover.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    15 Jan 2016 #27
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,655
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Edge is particularly prone to yielding up the users browsing habits especially when the user is using Google
    Is it really? Do you have any backup for this statement?

    I was laboring under the illusion Edge was somehow more secure (if limited) than other browsers due to being sandboxed and whatnot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Jan 2016 #28
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Is it really? Do you have any backup for this statement?
    Well, if you wanted to start looking, you could look here:
    Microsoft shows off just how much data it’s collecting from Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Last edited by TV2; 15 Jan 2016 at 17:28.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Jan 2016 #29
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    I can't answer the question.

    I only use Firefox. I have only used Firefox. (Well, I must have used IE2).
    It does everything I want. It is familiar. I can configure it in my sleep. Never had a problem (that couldn't be fixed in the configuration file).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    15 Jan 2016 #30
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,655
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TV2 View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with my question at all, thanks all the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser
How do I disable it?
General Support
Windows Edge Browser
When Windows Edge browser starts up, the start page weather is not correct for my area. How do change the location? Thanks, Radacheck
Browsers and Email
Links for Benchmarks
The purpose of this thread is to provide a download link for each benchmark currently in the benchmarks sub forum. We will keep these up to date, but if you come across new versions please let us know. Unigine Heaven (GPU) Unigine Valley (GPU)...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
windows 10 browser downloads
can someone explain to me why when you download through explorer edge why the downloads go to a folder, I would prefer to download and just drop on the desktop instead of in a folder in a different location
General Support
Browser Extensions Won’t Be Available in Windows 10 RTM
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums