Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 Insider

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #200

    Cliff S said:
    I'm getting an error on the Feedback app every time I shut down this system (and this one's not on the Insider build). No updates for me; not sure what to do about it.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19,214
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #201

    No updates found. Not that I have many save for default ones.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #202

    CountMike said:
    No updates found. Not that I have many save for default ones.
    I seldom get updates.. but then I don't use many apps.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 26,345
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #203

    simrick said:
    I'm getting an error on the Feedback app every time I shut down this system (and this one's not on the Insider build). No updates for me; not sure what to do about it.
    Try using the feedback app, then close it normally, then see if you get the warning when you shut down.

    Or do you mean you get an error when you update your apps, that happens when one is open like my Skype messaging
    app in the screenshot yesterday.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #204

    Is anyone having trouble signing into Skype for Business? It works perfectly on my "RTM" partition, but not on Insider Build 11099.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #205

    Cliff S said:
    Try using the feedback app, then close it normally, then see if you get the warning when you shut down.

    Or do you mean you get an error when you update your apps, that happens when one is open like my Skype messaging
    app in the screenshot yesterday.
    I actually used the Feedback app on this rig for the first time last week; since then, every time I shutdown the system, I get an error for that app. No updates available, and I am using a local account. Have just opened and closed the app - will see if it appears on next shutdown.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 26,345
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #206

    simrick said:
    I actually used the Feedback app on this rig for the first time last week; since then, every time I shutdown the system, I get an error for that app. No updates available, and I am using a local account. Have just opened and closed the app - will see if it appears on next shutdown.
    One thing DO NOT do: Do not try reregistering using PowerShell, from personal experience and others in the forums it will screw up the Universal apps links. If it's an uninstallable app try uninstalling/reinstalling(although I doubt that will help unless you try a reg cleaner after uninstalling), because your settings and most likely any corruptions stay in the registry. Best bet is the ol' repair install.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #207

    Cliff S said:
    One thing DO NOT do: Do not try reregistering using PowerShell, from personal experience and others in the forums it will screw up the Universal apps links. If it's an uninstallable app try uninstalling/reinstalling(although I doubt that will help unless you try a reg cleaner after uninstalling), because your settings and most likely any corruptions stay in the registry. Best bet is the ol' repair install.
    Powershell is a no-no; got it. It is not listed anywhere for uninstall. I will reboot now and see if the error disappears.

    Edit: I did not see the error, but I did hear the "bing" ....maybe it will be totally gone on next reboot! The last time I used Feedback, I also made a search, and then grabbed the share link - never done that before; maybe it messed things up. And now that I've gone back into it, and done nothing but look at a few feedback, maybe it's happy now.........
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 26,345
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #208

    simrick said:
    Powershell is a no-no; got it. It is not listed anywhere for uninstall. I will reboot now and see if the error disappears.

    Edit: I did not see the error, but I did hear the "bing" ....maybe it will be totally gone on next reboot! The last time I used Feedback, I also made a search, and then grabbed the share link - never done that before; maybe it messed things up. And now that I've gone back into it, and done nothing but look at a few feedback, maybe it's happy now.........
    It's one of my favorite apps:)
    For positive as well as negative feedback. Usually positive though(I'm easy to please and have relatively simple needs).
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #209

    Cliff S said:
    It's one of my favorite apps:)
    For positive as well as negative feedback. Usually positive though(I'm easy to please and have relatively simple needs).
    Gone! YAY!
    and I LOVE the way this thing reboots SO FAST with the SSD in it.........WOW!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums