Windows 10: Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,293
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       09 Jan 2016 #21

    How can anyone possibly imagine their own personal details are more important to M$ than the billions of other users worldwide?.
    To collect all the so called personal details of every user, M$ would have to employ half of the population on the planet.

    Far more personal details are already in circulation ie- medical, tax, licences, employment, and on and on , without you even going online.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    09 Jan 2016 #22

    Data mining technologies are getting ever more sophisticated. You do not have to be a target at the outset, but you may be singled out as a potential suspect by e.g. the FBI because of where you traveled, what websites you visited, what you bought online or because of your contacts. Law enforcement barely needs an excuse to get at any collected data.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,293
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       09 Jan 2016 #23

    We in the UK are grateful that interception by GCHQ and law enforcement agencies have foiled many an IS outrage with the arrest of many plotters, and also paedophiles by "listening in".

    You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    09 Jan 2016 #24

    dencal said: View Post
    We in the UK are grateful that interception by GCHQ and law enforcement agencies have foiled many an IS outrage with the arrest of many plotters, and also paedophiles by "listening in".

    You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.
    Huh?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Jan 2016 #25

    dencal said: View Post
    You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.
    That is THE SINGLE MOST DETESTABLE viewpoint I ever have heard. I referred to it for that very reason the other day. Anyone who says that just could care less about any privacy issues of any sort. No sense even discussing it with someone that thinks that way.

    For those so completely trusting towards Microsoft, remember they committed some hefty anti-competitive practices towards IBM (the hand that originally fed them when they needed an OS from Microsoft for their new PC), and made it impossible for PC manufacturers to preload anything other than Windows throughout the 90s. Why would you trust a company like that to value your information? If they were OK screwing over a tech giant, then doing the same to you is nothing to them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 5,834
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Jan 2016 #26

    dencal said: View Post
    We in the UK are grateful that interception by GCHQ and law enforcement agencies have foiled many an IS outrage with the arrest of many plotters, and also paedophiles by "listening in".

    You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.
    I'm with you on this one, I'd also have CCTV and ANPR on every street corner, compulsory ID cards with finger prints and DNA stored in them
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,513
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home
       09 Jan 2016 #27

    dencal said: View Post
    You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.
    Please post your bank login details including all passwords and PINs.

    BTW, which party did you vote for?
    The other side will be very interested to know that.

    Here is a US example of what happens if you live in an area that has been deemed to be an enemy of the current "head honcho":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_L...losure_scandal

    z3r010 said: View Post
    I'm with you on this one, I'd also have CCTV and ANPR on every street corner, compulsory ID cards with finger prints and DNA stored in them
    Since unemployment is such a big issue in western countries, maybe the UK Government should hire all the employed and get them to stand on street corners, inspecting everybody's ID.
    "Show ze papers!"
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 09 Jan 2016 at 19:27. Reason: Quote Added
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 12,381
    Windows 10 Pro
       09 Jan 2016 #28

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    Here is a US example of what happens if you live in an area that has been deemed to be an enemy of the current "head honcho":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_L...losure_scandal
    Might of course be me being not on the same intellectual level but I fail see the relevance here, the common factor between this incident and the privacy in Windows?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,293
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       10 Jan 2016 #29

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    Please post your bank login details including all passwords and PINs.

    BTW, which party did you vote for?
    The other side will be very interested to know that.

    Here is a US example of what happens if you live in an area that has been deemed to be an enemy of the current "head honcho":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_L...losure_scandal


    Since unemployment is such a big issue in western countries, maybe the UK Government should hire all the employed and get them to stand on street corners, inspecting everybody's ID.
    "Show ze papers!"
    I think you might have been drinking a little too much of the amber liquid, such an irrelevant surreal post.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    10 Jan 2016 #30

    dencal said: View Post
    We in the UK are grateful that interception by GCHQ and law enforcement agencies have foiled many an IS outrage with the arrest of many plotters, and also paedophiles by "listening in".

    You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.

    First off... I have just joined, after regularly reading this forum since July last year.
    Doing so, has been helpful in solving a couple of niggles with windows 10. Installed windows 10 faultlessly when it became available
    on July 29th. Of all versions of the OS i have used since Windows 95, it is with the exception of windows 8 (witch I loathed from
    day one), is one that I have not been impressed with. Tweaks mention on this forum have been helpful in restoring Windows photo viewer, disabling Edge Corny (an getting rid of Bing) and in making it more secure, so thanks for all your help on those issues.
    Guess I should add, that I use Classic Shell (have done so since windows 8) and make no use of MS apps (that MS seems to
    update daily, though I don't use them).

    dencal:
    I only wanted to make the point from a European perspective, as to why some of us have what you may judge as having
    hang-ups about personal privacy, as being incautious with our personal privacy in some circumstances can have a high
    price, as shown in the early part of the last century, and in Soviet occupied eastern Europe.

    For example the phrase "You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide" is a variation of one that was used
    by the regime in Germany in the pre-war and war years, to dupe the public. That may be an extreme example, but I still
    think privacy, personal privacy is something we should value highly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Related Threads
50274 Read more: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed
Read more: Start menu transparency revealed in latest Windows 10 build leak | Windows Central
Read more: Next Windows 10 Build for PCs Launch Date Revealed - Softpedia

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:10.
Find Us