Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1.    31 Dec 2015 #31
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,465
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    You are probably right - people are not forced. But the setup is such that the innocent cannot fathom the implications when they click on things. Smart people are not going to fall for that. But is this the intent - an OS for smart people only.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	20 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	56307
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	20 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	56308
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    31 Dec 2015 #32
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    Yeah right - it would be good if people read all that stuff. But even we don't all the time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Dec 2015 #33
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,861
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Yeah right - it would be good if people read all that stuff. But even we don't all the time.
    StarFerret's been caught a couple or three times.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Dec 2015 #34
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Over 200 million is very impressive. I wonder what the number would be if Windows 10 wasn't offered as a free upgrade?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Jan 2016 #35

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    You keep having a go about windows 10 its bad points.
    So what OS are you running as I notice everything is blank.
    Your system specs is blank
    Also where it appears under your profile that is blank also.
    At least with 10 it is 100% better than any other windows that they have ever brought out.
    XP was a nightmare when it first came out.
    We have 11 computers running in our household, 1 with XP, 1 with 10 (demo only), 4 with 7, and the rest 8 and 8.1 (can't remember which is which), tablets, laptops and desktops. AMDs, i3s, i5s and a variety of graphics cards, blah, blah, blah.

    As to your question, that is why I don't say which I use. I suppose I could say all of the above. And again, 10 ranks last in my approval rating. 7 is my workhorse while the 8 machines are entertainers, XP for a couple of older programs, and 10 (yawn) for demo. My issue with 10 isn't what it has, but what it doesn't have.

    Thank you for asking.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    01 Jan 2016 #36
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,808
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    My issue with 10 isn't what it has, but what it doesn't have.
    You are definitely consistent - 569 days ago you said the same thing Without XP Support and Disappointed with Windows 8.1, Users Still Looking Forward to Windows 9 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Jan 2016 #37
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,496
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    We have 11 computers running in our household, 1 with XP, 1 with 10 (demo only), 4 with 7, and the rest 8 and 8.1 (can't remember which is which), tablets, laptops and desktops. AMDs, i3s, i5s and a variety of graphics cards, blah, blah, blah.

    As to your question, that is why I don't say which I use. I suppose I could say all of the above. And again, 10 ranks last in my approval rating. 7 is my workhorse while the 8 machines are entertainers, XP for a couple of older programs, and 10 (yawn) for demo. My issue with 10 isn't what it has, but what it doesn't have.

    Thank you for asking.
    You obviously have an agenda...so why do you spend so much time commenting on this forum with your diatribe?
    The word TROLL comes to mind.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    01 Jan 2016 #38
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,808
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    You obviously have an agenda...so why do you spend so much time commenting on this forum with your diatribe?
    The word TROLL comes to mind.
    I don't think so you are fair. His/her point is valid. There are others who claim the Edge browser is the best thing since sliced bread and gold sparkles.

    This whole thread is just bla bla anyway. I prefer 10 but so what - it is only my opinion....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    01 Jan 2016 #39

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    You are probably right - people are not forced. But the setup is such that the innocent cannot fathom the implications when they click on things. Smart people are not going to fall for that. But is this the intent - an OS for smart people only.
    See there's the issue right there. If Microsoft wasn't hoping to trip people up into installing Windows 10 "by accident", why would they then not respect your choice when you previously blocked the update, to not show it again. For those that turn down the update notice, it reappears. And when you hide the telemetry updates that are offered to Windows 7 and 8.1 users, they reappear. Those that are saying "No one forces you to install the updates" would have more of an argument if the updates weren't forced upon you repeatedly.

    By the way, saying "No one is forcing you to click and update" seems somewhat akin to when people argue that giving up privacy shouldn't bother you if you're not doing anything wrong. They're weak arguments and people's choices should be respected. Perhaps Microsoft isn't forcing you to update, but they are not respecting your update choices that you've previously made, by repeatedly showing updates you've blocked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    01 Jan 2016 #40
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    I don't think so you are fair. His/her point is valid. There are others who claim the Edge browser is the best thing since sliced bread and gold sparkles.

    This whole thread is just bla bla anyway. I prefer 10 but so what - it is only my opinion....
    I look at it this way...good point or not once it's made is it really necessary to post it over and over again?? Seriously, this member is a broken record when it comes to this subject(Win10).. and that's why I put him on ignore a long time ago. He might make a useful post from time to time but I don't have the time to dig through the rest of the posts anymore.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices
Source: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
After 53 million installs, Windows 10 takes 4.95% of the market
http://www.neowin.net/news/after-53-million-installs-windows-10-takes-495-of-the-market?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter quite a good start :)
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already
Source
Windows 10 News
Insider Windows Insider Program is big, 1.7 million big
http://www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/2015/01/2_img_8942_story.jpg More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums