Thanks for the heads up !
Does it say anyplace that they are going to fix the keyboard light?
well a more modern taskbar would be nice. Return of the Charms Bar (without having to hit the Windows key and C) would also be nice.
Reactivated the Metro and now i will stay with it as long as MS let's me.
EDIT: All I see is added features mentioned, nothing about bug fixes. Your guess is as good as mine.
my Logitec solar keyboard does not show any light either
Media supportOf limited interest...
- System-wide support for the FLAC audio format
WinRTOf no interest at all to me...
- The settings charm has been removed
- Settings fly-out now appears within an app
- The titlebar has been revamped, full screen is now on the bar instead of in an option menu
- A lot of apps dropped the "Permissions" tab (when it's empty)
- Apps can be installed on an SD
- Improved support for ECMAScript 6
- Improved support for ECMAScript non-standard
AppsWill have to see...as of my look @ 9901, cpl settings replaced do *not* offer the same degree of functionality as their explorer.exe counterparts. And, some of the explorer.exe stuff, which was better and allowed for more control of the environment, has been *deprecated*...! To replace these features with a different UI that is less capable and inclusive than the explorer.exe components on which they are based makes no sense to me at all...(crossing fingers that this won't happen)
- Settings has been revamped with a new interface
- Multiple new settings have been added
- Multiple other panels have been improved with more functionality, like Battery saver, Storage Sense, and more
- Windows Update has been extended with a lot of new functionalities to replace the Control Panel counterpart
- Calculator has been revamped
- Alarms has been revamped
- There is now a world clock function
- Xbox has been revamped
- Get started has been revamped
- Photos has been added as an app (not to confuse with Photos)
- Store beta has been added as an app (not to confuse with Store)
- Maps has been revamped
- Windows Feedback has been revamped
- Sound recorder has been revamped
- Lumia Camera beta has been added as an app
- Xbox has been added as an app (not to confuse with Games)
And furtherLet's hope there's compatibility with the 6.x kernel scheme, else changing the number to 10.x will break some programs.
- The Windows kernel has been updated from version 6.4 to 10.0
Has anyone heard as to whether or not Microsoft is going to extend the time-out on the previews to beyond 4/2015? Maybe that will be covered on the 21st. Since they've announced that 10 won't ship until the fall, it seems rather crazy to have the previews time out 5-6 months before the OS ships--especially in light of the fact that they've already said that most likely a user will be able to upgrade from the preview to the shipping version.