Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB3124200 for Windows 10 Version 1511

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 22
    Windows 10 Home SL 64-bit, Win 64 Pro
       19 Dec 2015 #81

    sgiitk said: View Post
    Does not install. I am getting Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) - Error 0x8e5e03fb. A clean stand alone copy also failed to install. I must say I had to delete Kaspersky Internet Security just before this, and restore the system. Had messed up Firefox which had to be reinstalled.
    I had tried windows10.0-kb3124200-x64-...... in the stand alone mode. It opened then copied all files and the installation at the end aborted.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    19 Dec 2015 #82

    davidhk said: View Post
    What was that ? One more time for good measure ?

    Attachment 54332
    yeah I got that duplication too. I think I've seen this happen before. I think it's a glitch because when I prompted the restart after I saw the update being offered again (having already installed it the other night) it just installed in a milli second and created the duplicate entry in update history as a result

    i rebooted and manually checked for updates again and it said I am up to date. Was fearing some kind of loop was going to start but all ok, so I think just a bug/glitch
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    19 Dec 2015 #83

    Rocky said: View Post
    It seems that this update has created a problem on my little homemade PC. Ever since I built this machine, it has always gone to sleep like an obedient little child. When I am done doing my thing, I just get up and walk away from the computer and it automatically goes to sleep after 10 minutes. Well it is not doing that after this update. I have tried several different remedies, but it fails to go to sleep automatically. There have been no hardware changes and no other software or app changes. This problem just started after installing this update. I am bummed out.
    This is driving me mad. I have tried everything to fix this, next I will have to do a roll back or whatever that is called. This is the first update ever to mess up my system. I don't even remember how to do a roll back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    19 Dec 2015 #84

    Rocky said: View Post
    It seems that this update has created a problem on my little homemade PC. Ever since I built this machine, it has always gone to sleep like an obedient little child. When I am done doing my thing, I just get up and walk away from the computer and it automatically goes to sleep after 10 minutes. Well it is not doing that after this update. I have tried several different remedies, but it fails to go to sleep automatically. There have been no hardware changes and no other software or app changes. This problem just started after installing this update. I am bummed out.
    My universal panacea for all power switching problems is to disable Intel Management Engine Interface in device Manager.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    19 Dec 2015 #85

    1nitram2 said: View Post
    My universal panacea for all power switching problems is to disable Intel Management Engine Interface in device Manager.


    Thanks for the input. Since this is a dual boot computer, I run Linux Mint on a separate SSD, right now I am on Linux and I can't look at that option. My Linux system still works flawlessly, it goes to sleep when I get up and walk away from my computer. Since this problem with the sleep only began after the latest Microsoft update, I really can't see how an Intel driver would effect it, but I will look at it. If I can't fix this problem through a roll back, I am going to download the latest Windows 10 Preview and have a go at that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    19 Dec 2015 #86

    Rocky said: View Post
    Since this problem with the sleep only began after the latest Microsoft update, I really can't see how an Intel driver would effect it, but I will look at it.
    My problem started after an update in August. It was appearing to switch off but the battery still flatten overnight, if put to sleep I had to do a forced shutdown and then restart to get it to wake up, if left sleeping the battery went flat.

    Since then I've solved a variety of power problems for other people by disabling it. It is also called Intel power management interface engine and as far as I have found out it's supposd to work with BIOS and drivers to make everything work smoothly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Dec 2015 #87

    throkr said: View Post
    Downloaded & installed without any problem here ...

    I have a question : after each of those cumulative updates (which also changes the windows version), are MCT and the ISO files updated by Microsoft ? I mean : if a user wants, at some stage, to make a clean installation of Windows 10, can he be sure to have the latest version by downloading the proposed MCT or ISO file ?

    Thanks !
    No, you get th2.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 22
    Windows 10 Home SL 64-bit, Win 64 Pro
       19 Dec 2015 #88

    Did a bit of snooping.

    Ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic. It came back with a unfixable error Service registration is Missing. sfc /scannow in Admin mode goes to 12% and hangs.

    Does it help? Of course I can go back to an earlier update and then restart from there.

    I am trying to get my wife's Toshiba i3 running on Win 7 Pro up to Win 10 Pro so maybe this will take some time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,930
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       19 Dec 2015 #89

    sgiitk said: View Post
    Did a bit of snooping.

    Ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic. It came back with a unfixable error Service registration is Missing. sfc /scannow in Admin mode goes to 12% and hangs.

    Does it help? Of course I can go back to an earlier update and then restart from there.

    I am trying to get my wife's Toshiba i3 running on Win 7 Pro up to Win 10 Pro so maybe this will take some time.
    Try this fix for your wife's windows 7
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    19 Dec 2015 #90

    Greyhound said: View Post
    Hi altae,
    Just a thought...
    When I was on Win 7, I had disabled my BT device in Device Manager and all was well - BT led was off.
    However, after upgrading to Win 10, and also after the followup Win 10 clean install, the BT led was then on all of the time, even with the device still disabled in Dev Mgr.
    Disabling BT in the BIOS then sorted the issue - BT led is now off.
    As I said, just a thought - you may well have already done this.
    Well good idea but since my pc has no bluetooth interface it will be kind of difficult to disable it in the UEFI
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116908 http://i.imgur.com/onCaKKt.png
Hi, The Windows 10 Home, version 1511 10586 update came out a while ago now, and everyday since I've tried installing it and yet I still can't. It downloads fine, but then when I need to restart to "finish the update", I'm presented with the error...
Hi, The Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116900) Failed to Install, It showed a split second error code on the windows loading screen (The black Screen with windows logo and the loading dots.) and then on the second screen it...
Having a problem installing this update on my 32 bit machine which really only has Firefox on it and a few documents. Have run the batch file to reset and re-register windows update but its still failing. Any solutions?
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118754 http://i.imgur.com/kwu3YFd.png
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums