Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 Insider

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
  1.    09 Jan 2016 #340

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    @CountMike

    I found FreeComander XE and I like it.. :)
    I've used FreeCommander for years.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Jan 2016 #341

    Oh I forgot one thing about TC, it could be used for free but at every opening it will ask you to choose a number from 1, 2 and 3. It's fully usable though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,797
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.3 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       09 Jan 2016 #342

    CountMike said: View Post
    Now that does look nice ! Isn't something like that much better than FE ?? That cut and paste šit is just too cumbersome.
    I've used FreeCommander for years (pre-W7).
    Whenever I need to do something other than basic file management, I use FreeCommander.

    I'm still using the old version (2009) as the last time I tried the new version it was missing some feature that I sometimes use (can't remember what feature now though).

    Since I often have to rename large numbers of files, I find the Mass Rename tool indispensable.

    simrick said: View Post
    How is it for merging folders, comparing file dates/sizes and keeping the most recent version? I have a little situation here which I need to fix, and not sure the best way to go about it....
    IMO, the Folder Comparison tool is basic but very handy.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 09 Jan 2016 at 19:08. Reason: Quote Added
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Jan 2016 #343

    Got update, system is working fast now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,197
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       13 Jan 2016 #344

    CountMike said: View Post
    Oh I forgot one thing about TC, it could be used for free but at every opening it will ask you to choose a number from 1, 2 and 3. It's fully usable though.
    I'm just now trying FreeCommander XE. Not asking for any numbers, 1,2,3.

    AND.... It appears to hook to Explorer for copying. If so, MS update yesterday fixed the "no progress bar" issue.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,966
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       13 Jan 2016 #345

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I'm just now trying FreeCommander XE. Not asking for any numbers, 1,2,3.

    AND.... It appears to hook to Explorer for copying. If so, MS update yesterday fixed the "no progress bar" issue.
    I got a cumulative update yesterday and have been copying a lot of stuff over from one external drive to another. The lack of a progress bar hadn't made a real difference to me, but after the update, it's there in all its glaring glory. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,197
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       13 Jan 2016 #346

    Wynona said: View Post
    I got a cumulative update yesterday and have been copying a lot of stuff over from one external drive to another. The lack of a progress bar hadn't made a real difference to me, but after the update, it's there in all its glaring glory. :)
    Thanks, Wynona! I thought so. My tummy is still growling for a new build!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,966
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       13 Jan 2016 #347

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Thanks, Wynona! I thought so. My tummy is still growling for a new build!
    I'm ready too!

    I'm using 1511 - 10586.63 and for what I do, it's solid as a rock! Once a new build pops up, I'll switch back to the Insider version.

    On second thought, I guess I should at least boot the Insider version and get the cumulative update. Ya think?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,197
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       13 Jan 2016 #348

    Wynona said: View Post
    I'm ready too!

    I'm using 1511 - 10586.63 and for what I do, it's solid as a rock! Once a new build pops up, I'll switch back to the Insider version.

    On second thought, I guess I should at least boot the Insider version and get the cumulative update. Ya think?
    There was no Cumulative Update for 11082, just the MSRT & Defender stuff.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    13 Jan 2016 #349

    Wait a minute!

    I'm lost here...

    you 'guys' were on 10586.36 and had no progress bar???
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: November 9th 2015 663817978471804928 663818555217985536 662328639673864192
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:13.
Find Us