Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Jan 2016 #311
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Reasonable free substitute: Download FreeCommander - MajorGeeks
    Thanks.. I'll give that a try.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Jan 2016 #312
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,061
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Mike & Jeff. Commander is cooool! I just downloaded and installed it, and it takes on my current AeroHybrid theme perfectly:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 005.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	57836
    Now it looks better with my themes than File Explorer. The only negative is, it doesn't offer "Tile View", but hey, I can adjust(I am an Insider too, and need to adjust a lot)

    Edit: @Kari, maybe you want to try it too, when using our themes?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    09 Jan 2016 #313
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Mike & Jeff. Commander is cooool! I just downloaded and installed it, and it takes on my current AeroHybrid theme perfectly:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 005.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	57836
    Now it looks better with my themes than File Explorer. The only negative is, it doesn't offer "Tile View", but hey, I can adjust(I am an Insider too, and need to adjust a lot)
    I like the idea of having side by side panels.. all I have to do is get used to using it rather than the standard explorer. I'm a creature of habit so it's going to take some time to get used to using a new tool
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Jan 2016 #314
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,122
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    @Kari, maybe you want to try it too, when using our themes?
    Sorry no. I see no reason to use a third party program or tool for something Windows is totally capable of doing by itself. My solution is and has been not to install build 11082 because of the missing copy progress bar, I can wait until it has been fixed.

    I only have 11082 on Hyper-V virtual machine for test purposes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Jan 2016 #315
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,635
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I like the idea of having side by side panels.. all I have to do is get used to using it rather than the standard explorer. I'm a creature of habit so it's going to take some time to get used to using a new tool
    To copy, just drag with left mouse button, to move, right button, no need to copy and paste and such foolish stuff. Total Commander has many more options depending on plug ins, there's probably nothing else you need for file handling when loaded with plug ins. Can also have icon view if you are into funny pictures.
    Just one way to set up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC1.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	57840
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    09 Jan 2016 #316
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    To copy, just drag with left mouse button, to move, right button, no need to copy and paste and such foolish stuff. Total Commander has many more options depending on plug ins, there's probably nothing else you need for file handling when loaded with plug ins. Can also have icon view if you are into funny pictures.
    Just one way to set up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC1.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	57840
    I'm getting used to it.. I just have to configure it the way I like it and I'm all set.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Jan 2016 #317
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 138
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BETA

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I like the idea of having side by side panels.. all I have to do is get used to using it rather than the standard explorer. I'm a creature of habit so it's going to take some time to get used to using a new tool
    That's what it looked like in Norton Commander. The one and only
    I use WinCommander, or Total Commander as MS forced Christian Ghisler to name it.
    Great filemanager, not free but worth the money
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Jan 2016 #318
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,635
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by DoItJust View Post
    That's what it looked like in Norton Commander. The one and only
    I use WinCommander, or Total Commander as MS forced Christian Ghisler to name it.
    Great filemanager, not free but worth the money
    I have my TC since 0.52 and now it's 8.51 at no extra cost, not that it was expensive in first place.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    09 Jan 2016 #319
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,932
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Thanks.. I'll give that a try.
    Jeff
    OMGoodness, Jeff! You seem to be in danger!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Follow or Bunny Gets It.PNG 
Views:	38 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	57866
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Jan 2016 #320
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,635
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Don't worry, Bunny is running on Energizers !!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC
UPDATE: November 9th 2015 663817978471804928 663818555217985536 662328639673864192
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums