Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Dec 2015 #221

    Hi there

    what is stopping me using this build is the lack of the progress bar when copying / pasting files.

    Is there an alternative tool I can use for this until the problem is fixed -- Maybe a simple FTP program that I can use - set LOCAL addresses for the FTP.

    It's a pity that this error is in this build as it's such a basic part of Windows and having it not working is a mega inconvenience (and Yes I DO know this is a TEST build and errors are to be expected -- still such a basic service / function IMO should always work !!!).

    My temporary get around is to use the FTP server to transfer from LOCAL to LOCAL !!! or simply use a Linux machine that has access to the W10 directories to perform the action.

    Here's the FTP system -- bit of a long winded way though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftp.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	54633

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Dec 2015 #222
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,179
    W10 Insider + Linux

    How about Total Commander clone ? Download FreeCommander - MajorGeeks
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    21 Dec 2015 #223
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    How about Total Commander clone ? Download FreeCommander - MajorGeeks
    Thanks for the tip.. I'll give it a shot today.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Dec 2015 #224
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi there

    what is stopping me using this build is the lack of the progress bar when copying / pasting files.

    Is there an alternative tool I can use for this until the problem is fixed -- Maybe a simple FTP program that I can use - set LOCAL addresses for the FTP.

    It's a pity that this error is in this build as it's such a basic part of Windows and having it not working is a mega inconvenience (and Yes I DO know this is a TEST build and errors are to be expected -- still such a basic service / function IMO should always work !!!).

    My temporary get around is to use the FTP server to transfer from LOCAL to LOCAL !!! or simply use a Linux machine that has access to the W10 directories to perform the action.

    Here's the FTP system -- bit of a long winded way though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftp.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	54633

    Cheers
    jimbo
    See post #175. Seems a lot have tried and like it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    21 Dec 2015 #225
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,969
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    See post #175. Seems a lot have tried and like it.
    Probably the best of its kind.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    21 Dec 2015 #226
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,969
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Regarding IE11 occasionally crashing:

    Well, I know how I did end up with. I'm an old computer rat so I'm used to work with Explorer. So I must have inadvertently sent a shortcut of the x86 version to the desktop. The rest as they say is history....
    Well, guess I was wrong, I was using the x64 version of IE11 but the event log error still points to %"Program Files (x86) directory.
    It seems the X64 calls the X86 version to work but I'm just guessing here.

    The program iexplore.exe version 11.0.11082.1000 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

    Process ID: 1a38

    Start Time: 01d13c0d6135d9eb

    Termination Time: 19

    Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

    Report Id: fcc981c4-a800-11e5-b523-901b0e4c4a85

    Faulting package full name:

    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Where is this "Security and Maintenance" control panel to be found ?


    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    21 Dec 2015 #227
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,588
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Where is this "Security and Maintenance" control panel to be found ?


    Cheers,
    Just search Security and it will come up for you (in control panel).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Dec 2015 #228
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,

    Regarding IE11 occasionally crashing:



    Well, guess I was wrong, I was using the x64 version of IE11 but the event log error still points to %"Program Files (x86) directory.
    It seems the X64 calls the X86 version to work but I'm just guessing here.



    Where is this "Security and Maintenance" control panel to be found ?


    Cheers,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-12-21_14h57_43.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	54697
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    21 Dec 2015 #229
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,969
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Thanks guys.
    Guess I had it staring at me but I just didn't notice it.....

    So there it is.

    Cheers,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem Reports.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    22 Dec 2015 #230
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Left coast but not a progressive liberal
    Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,

    Regarding IE11 occasionally crashing:




    Well, guess I was wrong, I was using the x64 version of IE11 but the event log error still points to %"Program Files (x86) directory.
    It seems the X64 calls the X86 version to work but I'm just guessing here.



    Where is this "Security and Maintenance" control panel to be found ?


    Cheers,
    Interesting I specifically pinned an IE 11 x64 shortcut to my task bar last night replacing the IE x86 taskbar shortcut in 11082 and using it today still leads to the IE 11 x86 folder path :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE error 12.21.15.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	54754
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC
UPDATE: November 9th 2015 663817978471804928 663818555217985536 662328639673864192
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums