Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Dec 2015 #131
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Edge cannot be a version of Chrome.
    Why because Chrome messes with my system and slows it up and I have a search bar right across the middle of the screen, so uninstalled it again.
    Speccy and Belarc both bring it up as Edge
    Well, I already said it. THE U.S. Government's background check web site called EDGE, Google Chrome 4.2......NOT ME ! ! !
    Personally, I don't have any problems with Edge. When I still had Windows 7 , I.E. kept freezing and ceasing to function.
    Go into your registry and ask yourself, " Why is Google Chrome listed there ? "
    Google Drive comes with Windows 10.....It Is What It Is.....Peace and Love and Merry Christmas....
    OH, I almost forgot. I had to download a document using Edge and Edge WAS NOT supported. I then tried using I.E. 11 and it refused to function UNTL I reset the browser to defaults. LOL....I never changed the settings in the first place. But, after all that I was able to download a document. Once again, from a government web site. The Veteran's Administration to be exact. And I thank them for being so thorough about who and what can access information, let alone download. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Dec 2015 #132
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyJ View Post
    Well, I already said it. THE U.S. Government's background check web site called EDGE, Google Chrome 4.2......NOT ME ! ! !
    Personally, I don't have any problems with Edge. When I still had Windows 7 , I.E. kept freezing and ceasing to function.
    Go into your registry and ask yourself, " Why is Google Chrome listed there ? "
    Google Drive comes with Windows 10.....It Is What It Is.....Peace and Love and Merry Christmas....
    Why?? Because when you install any software onto your PC it creates an entry in the registry. That's why.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    21 Dec 2015 #133
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,885
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by frankenhooker View Post
    Strange that, our company has around ten machines and Chrome works wonderfully on all of them. There are three computers in my house, again, Chrome works very well on all three.

    I'm struggling to remember a single occasion when I had trouble with Chrome. It isn't my browser of choice, I predominantly use Firefox with DuckDuckGo as my search engine, but Chrome runs pretty much flawlessly when I do use it, I've certainly never had any sort of search bar problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Then it has to be a setting that you're using on all three. I know that many users, including myself, have had zero issues with Chrome for years.. Check your PC's before blaming Chrome.

    My 2c
    +1 +1 +1 +1
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Dec 2015 #134
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Why?? Because when you install any software onto your PC it creates an entry in the registry. That's why.
    Dear BunnyJ,
    I didn't install Chrome. I despise Google. They own Android. They own Ad Services. They are into everything. I don't even want or need an argument. I don't care. I do not like ANYTHING GOOGLE. p.s. I HAVE NOT HAD ALL THE PROBLEMS EVERYONE ELSE HAS HAD WITH WINDOWS 10. Worst thing I've had to do is re-verify a couple of game files in STEAM.....Everything works. I think the reason a lot of other people are having problems is because they have messed up their O.S. files in the first place ON THEIR PREVIOUS versions of Windows. I have experienced an obvious increase in performance. Notably my graphics card's Windows 10 driver update made my P.C. feel like a whole new machine. IF IT AIN'T BROKE....LEAVE IT ALONE....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Dec 2015 #135
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyJ View Post
    Dear BunnyJ,
    I didn't install Chrome. I despise Google. They own Android. They own Ad Services. They are into everything. I don't even want or need an argument. I don't care. I do not like ANYTHING GOOGLE. p.s. I HAVE NOT HAD ALL THE PROBLEMS EVERYONE ELSE HAS HAD WITH WINDOWS 10. Worst thing I've had to do is re-verify a couple of game files in STEAM.....Everything works. I think the reason a lot of other people are having problems is because they have messed up their O.S. files in the first place ON THEIR PREVIOUS versions of Windows. I have experienced an obvious increase in performance. Notably my graphics card's Windows 10 driver update made my P.C. feel like a whole new machine. IF IT AIN'T BROKE....LEAVE IT ALONE....
    Your question was/is why did Chrome create an entry into a registry. You might not have installed it but if anyone installs Chrome it will create an entry. That was my point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Dec 2015 #136
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,598
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyJ View Post
    Well, I already said it. THE U.S. Government's background check web site called EDGE, Google Chrome 4.2......NOT ME ! ! !
    Personally, I don't have any problems with Edge. When I still had Windows 7 , I.E. kept freezing and ceasing to function.
    Go into your registry and ask yourself, " Why is Google Chrome listed there ? "
    Google Drive comes with Windows 10.....It Is What It Is.....Peace and Love and Merry Christmas....
    OH, I almost forgot. I had to download a document using Edge and Edge WAS NOT supported. I then tried using I.E. 11 and it refused to function UNTL I reset the browser to defaults. LOL....I never changed the settings in the first place. But, after all that I was able to download a document. Once again, from a government web site. The Veteran's Administration to be exact. And I thank them for being so thorough about who and what can access information, let alone download. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Timothy, you might be confusing Google Drive with One Drive (which does come with Windows, though you don't have to use it).
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    21 Dec 2015 #137
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Timothy, you might be confusing Google Drive with One Drive (which does come with Windows, though you don't have to use it).
    Bingo!! Google Drive is an option that you get with a Gmail account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Dec 2015 #138
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,603
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Guys, try searching computer for Chrome and Chrome Browser, there's dozens of entries there and I never had it installed. I suspect they are there for compatibility. Here's just small part of it as found by "Everything"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chrome1.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	54704
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    21 Dec 2015 #139
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,883
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Guys, try searching computer for Chrome and Chrome Browser, there's dozens of entries there and I never had it installed. I suspect they are there for compatibility. Here's just small part of it as found by "Everything"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chrome1.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	54704
    Glad you use Everything Mike.....I've been using it for years!!! New beta version out....works better than the release.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    21 Dec 2015 #140
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,603
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Mine is: Version 1.3.4.686 (x64). It's not offering to update.
    PS. Just downloaded beta.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox
44181 Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-windows-10-users-should-say-no-to-chrome-and-firefox-because-edge-is-better-495165.shtml?utm_content=buffer5d7d1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?
Source: Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?
Windows 10 News
Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10
Following upgrade to W10 the font size of "Other Bookmarks" has reduced in size. Normal browser sizes are fine, just the Bookmark too small. Any way to increase those without increasing everything else? Thanks.
Browsers and Email
Best alternate browser in 10, Firefox or Chrome?
Finally managed to get 10 up and running today! Yipee! The first thing I did was try Edge and I'm not impressed. So I've switched back to Chrome and it seems to be ok. I went with Chrome mainly for Chrometana. How is Firefox working for people...
Browsers and Email
Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser
Read more: Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums