Windows 10: Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,379
    Windows 10 64 bit
       20 Dec 2015 #111

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    LOL.. Yup,, some people just like to complain. It's only a browser folks!!
    I wasn't doing any comparing, I like Edge as it's quite snappy and not cluttered it just won't use my RoboForm. I'm liking Chrome and I can use Roboform, I liked IE but it doesn't play nice on this 10 machine. A few years ago I used Maxthon and liked that. I did try Firefox once but to me it was too busy so didn't continue.

    Every browser has their strengths and weaknesses and it's up to the individual which they use, whatever they're happy with after all it's just a means of getting to somewhere else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 206
    Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.296
       20 Dec 2015 #112

    Joan Archer said: View Post
    I wasn't doing any comparing, I like Edge as it's quite snappy and not cluttered it just won't use my RoboForm.........
    I agree - my big complaint against Edge is no Roboform.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Dec 2015 #113

    Ghost82 said: View Post
    Edge needs extensions. I will never switch unless it is capable to provide same functions as Firefox.
    I tried to get information from MS help on how to get rid of Edge. Forget the functions. Running other software I was able to determine that Edge is accessing the Internet when you turn your computer on. What is it doing? My guess it is sending information back to MS on your browsing in other search engines. I put it to MS that this is like having spyware on your computer and I want it to stop. Their reply was basically don't do anything to it otherwise you will cause the Win10 OS to become unstable. I have no intention of ever using the Edge browser; never seen it before and can't think of a reason to explore it's features. I am quite happy using Chrome and or Firefox. This is another example of this company trying to bully users into doing what it wants; not what the user wants and has paid for. I believe that MS have some explaining to do. If I am right Edge is MS' way of collecting data from users no matter what browser they set as default.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Dec 2015 #114

    Narwal said: View Post
    I tried to get information from MS help on how to get rid of Edge. Forget the functions. Running other software I was able to determine that Edge is accessing the Internet when you turn your computer on. What is it doing? My guess it is sending information back to MS on your browsing in other search engines. I put it to MS that this is like having spyware on your computer and I want it to stop. Their reply was basically don't do anything to it otherwise you will cause the Win10 OS to become unstable. I have no intention of ever using the Edge browser; never seen it before and can't think of a reason to explore it's features. I am quite happy using Chrome and or Firefox. This is another example of this company trying to bully users into doing what it wants; not what the user wants and has paid for. I believe that MS have some explaining to do. If I am right Edge is MS' way of collecting data from users no matter what browser they set as default.
    Boy, oh boy, that Microsoft sure is a bad company. All they want to do is spy on folks, guess they just don't understand that We wonderful folks out here are just not going to take this spying stuff anymore. . .as of today I am going to stop using Windows 10 and start using Mac OS X. . .oh wait. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Dec 2015 #115

    Lee said: View Post
    Boy, oh boy, that Microsoft sure is a bad company. All they want to do is spy on folks, guess they just don't understand that We wonderful folks out here are just not going to take this spying stuff anymore. . .as of today I am going to stop using Windows 10 and start using Mac OS X. . .oh wait. . .
    Hi there

    For my communications - I'm going back to tin cans and string, no more EXCEL - will start using an abacus. and for writing will start using sticks and wet clay !!!!.

    All these people who think Ms is spying on everyone -- I'll say just these things -- the resources required are immense -- even the CIA / US Federal Income Tax / FBI combined plus with half a dozen other similar agencies around the world can't manage this task.

    Just also read the amount of SPAM you receive every day -- and that's just for one person -- imagine having to spend ALL DAY reading zillions of other people's spam. !!

    If you've got nothing to hide and take reasonable precautions the Internet is reasonably safe and certainly you won't have anything to worry from Ms. I'd be more wary of some of the built in statistics collectors when you make Google queries or shop at amazon for example. !!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Dec 2015 #116

    Lee said: View Post
    Boy, oh boy, that Microsoft sure is a bad company. All they want to do is spy on folks, guess they just don't understand that We wonderful folks out here are just not going to take this spying stuff anymore. . .as of today I am going to stop using Windows 10 and start using Mac OS X. . .oh wait. . .
    Don't feel bad, last week I installed brand new Linux Mint and by the time it finished it knew my location and pinpointed it on map !!! It set time, time zone and everything else all by itself. All but to tell me nickname of my great grandmother.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Dec 2015 #117

    And now a moment of comic relief..

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       21 Dec 2015 #118

    CountMike said: View Post
    Don't feel bad, last week I installed brand new Linux Mint and by the time it finished it knew my location and pinpointed it on map !!! It set time, time zone and everything else all by itself. All but to tell me nickname of my great grandmother.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-14644-0-81687200-1437400371.gif 
Views:	63 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	54634
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       21 Dec 2015 #119

    Joan Archer said: View Post
    Every browser has their strengths and weaknesses and it's up to the individual which they use, whatever they're happy with after all it's just a means of getting to somewhere else.

    +1 +1 +1
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Dec 2015 #120

    Narwal said: View Post
    I tried to get information from MS help on how to get rid of Edge. Forget the functions. Running other software I was able to determine that Edge is accessing the Internet when you turn your computer on. What is it doing? My guess it is sending information back to MS on your browsing in other search engines. I put it to MS that this is like having spyware on your computer and I want it to stop. Their reply was basically don't do anything to it otherwise you will cause the Win10 OS to become unstable. I have no intention of ever using the Edge browser; never seen it before and can't think of a reason to explore it's features. I am quite happy using Chrome and or Firefox. This is another example of this company trying to bully users into doing what it wants; not what the user wants and has paid for. I believe that MS have some explaining to do. If I am right Edge is MS' way of collecting data from users no matter what browser they set as default.
    I am not an Edge fan either, but remember this is a Windows 10 forums so you may be jeered at for not being in love with every thing Microsoft puts out. The spying issue is something I think every browser does, some more than others. However, if your concerns are particularly about Edge, the best thing to do is not use Windows 10, since it is the only platform Edge runs on.

    As someone else said "it is only a browser", as Windows 10 is only an OS. Others do the job as well or better.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Related Threads
44181 Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-windows-10-users-should-say-no-to-chrome-and-firefox-because-edge-is-better-495165.shtml?utm_content=buffer5d7d1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Source: Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?
Following upgrade to W10 the font size of "Other Bookmarks" has reduced in size. Normal browser sizes are fine, just the Bookmark too small. Any way to increase those without increasing everything else? Thanks.
Finally managed to get 10 up and running today! Yipee! The first thing I did was try Edge and I'm not impressed. So I've switched back to Chrome and it seems to be ok. I went with Chrome mainly for Chrometana. How is Firefox working for people...
Read more: Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser | ZDNet
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.
Find Us