Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. whs's Avatar
    whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #60

    Right Mike. I guess I was sitting on the line.
      My Computer

  2. LittleJay's Avatar
    Posts : 9,646
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       #61

    MS should just offer a plain jane, vanilla OS at a lower price and then offer additions like AERO, etc. to those who want to purchase them for a nominal cost.
      My Computer

  3. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,693
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #62

    LittleJay said:
    MS should just offer a plain jane, vanilla OS at a lower price and then offer additions like AERO, etc. to those who want to purchase them for a nominal cost.
    Now that's a great idea!! :)
    Jeff
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #63

    BunnyJ said:
    LittleJay said:
    MS should just offer a plain jane, vanilla OS at a lower price and then offer additions like AERO, etc. to those who want to purchase them for a nominal cost.
    Now that's a great idea!! :)
    Jeff
    Which do you prefer to be called BunnyJ or Jeff?

    The problem with that Jeff, is 3rd parties could offer Aero cheaper or free.
      My Computer

  5. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,693
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #64

    groze said:
    BunnyJ said:
    LittleJay said:
    MS should just offer a plain jane, vanilla OS at a lower price and then offer additions like AERO, etc. to those who want to purchase them for a nominal cost.
    Now that's a great idea!! :)
    Jeff
    Which do you prefer to be called BunnyJ or Jeff?

    The problem with that Jeff, is 3rd parties could offer Aero cheaper or free.
    Jeff is fine. And yes, I like the option of third party tools because they do offer options that MS might not. Example, Classic Shell.
      My Computer

  6. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 6,020
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #65

    Wouldn't simply turning off features by default like transparent glass be more of a way to give people options and not have additional versions to distribute and maintain ?
    We are talking about 1 feature of aero not several which do not exist in win-10 as it is
    Compare your advance system settings/performance with 7 you'll notice only 1 is missing,
    Cheers.
      My Computers

  7. Trust_No1's Avatar
    Posts : 596
       #66

    It seems to me, that the very fact that this is a topic, and that so many people have requested it, that Microsoft should simply make it available, why would they choose not to put it in?
      My Computer


  8. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 6,020
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #67

    Microsoft is still thinking more about mobile devices and battery life,
    If the option exist people are likely to use it :)
      My Computers

  9. LittleJay's Avatar
    Posts : 9,646
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       #68

    ThrashZone said:
    Wouldn't simply turning off features by default like transparent glass be more of a way to give people options and not have additional versions to distribute and maintain ?
    We are talking about 1 feature of aero not several which do not exist in win-10 as it is
    Compare your advance system settings/performance with 7 you'll notice only 1 is missing,
    Cheers.
    The thing with having Aero present to turn on or off, means that it is still taking up space on the disk. I would prefer to have the option to either install it, or not have it present at all. And so what if third party vendors offer it? The complaints I've heard about that are the third party stuff isn't as good as what MS had with W7, and if that is true, then most users would probably purchase the MS version.
      My Computer

  10. whs's Avatar
    whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #69

    The thing with having Aero present to turn on or off, means that it is still taking up space on the disk
    How much space on disk are we talking about.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums