Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Dec 2014 #31
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 743
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86

    @Jimbo Thanks for the pointers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 Dec 2014 #32
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Transparency may gone altogether; latest leak seems to have a black, non-transparent taskbar and no apparent way to modify it.

    (also looks like they ripped off someone's idea!)

    'link6155's theme:

    Attachment 9451

    MS's:

    Attachment 9452
    I noticed that and I want to see it but so far I like the concept.
    I'm not sure you can call that a concept
    It's a non concept and no imagination
    Style.. now are you happy???
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Dec 2014 #33
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,692
    3-Win-7Prox64 1-Win-10Prox64

    High contrast is not a style either
    A user could accomplish a black taskbar before in the other builds or even now in win-7 it's no big deal,
    If 10 looks the same Microsoft gains really nothing more than 8.1 did 15%

    Probably more people testing 10 than actually using 8.1
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    15 Dec 2014 #34
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    High contrast is not a style either
    A user could accomplish a black taskbar before in the other builds or even now in win-7 it's no big deal,
    If 10 looks the same Microsoft gains really nothing more than 8.1 did 15%
    Oh please..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Dec 2014 #35
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,137
    Windows 10 Professional

    Customizing the desktop is a big thing for me so I'm not diggin the black task bar!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    15 Dec 2014 #36
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Customizing the desktop is a big thing for me so I'm not diggin the black task bar!
    I also like to personalize the desktop. But that is not that bad, to my eye at least.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Dec 2014 #37
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 743
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Transparency may gone altogether; latest leak seems to have a black, non-transparent taskbar and no apparent way to modify it.

    (also looks like they ripped off someone's idea!)

    'link6155's theme:

    Attachment 9451

    MS's:

    Attachment 9452
    I noticed that and I want to see it but so far I like the concept.
    It may just be that dwm is off for some reason. Like when my Aero doesn't take on W8 the taskbar is black until I hit it again. Black is probably the transparency color.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Dec 2014 #38

    I think this whole topic is senseless...

    If people don't like transparency, turn it off. If they want a black taskbar, just change the color. If people want to change it up, let them.

    Why is this even being talked about? I am sure Microsoft is clever enough to come up with some solution, then again???


      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Dec 2014 #39
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM

    When you get to my age you like eye candy. I like my computers to look nice. Modern graphics cards can throw windows around like they are polygons in not time or effort at all. So I say give users he choice of the bling and if we have stuck windows 10 on the tired old banger which has a poor "bling" capability then we can use the old Windows 2000 type classic desktop. That is a necessary option for lab computers in any case as they are more interested in accuracy than flashy graphics.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    15 Dec 2014 #40
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    I think this whole topic is senseless...

    If people don't like transparency, turn it off. If they want a black taskbar, just change the color. If people want to change it up, let them.

    Why is this even being talked about? I am sure Microsoft is clever enough to come up with some solution, then again???


    It's a legitimate topic for discussion. If for some reason you don't like the topic then simply don't open the thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Phone Adjust Start Tile Transparency on Windows 10 Mobile Phone
How to Adjust Tile Transparency on Start in Windows 10 Mobile Phones This tutorial will show you how to adjust the transparency level of tiles on Start to what you want on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. Live tiles that show updates do not have...
Tutorials
Noticed Transparency on Start Menu. Is there other transparency ?
Is there other transparency, more like what Aero used to have in Win7 ? I know it will be in the final release though, but maybe it's already and I'm not looking in the right place. 15483
General Support
Windows 10 10036: Updates to Start menu - transparency and beyond
Read more: Windows 10 10036: Updates to the Start menu - transparency and beyond
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Confirms Transparency Effects for Windows 10 PCs and Phones
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 10: Transparency for Start menu in future builds
Read more: Windows 10: Transparency coming to future builds for the Start menu - Neowin
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums