Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Trust_No1's Avatar
    Posts : 596
       #20

    I want it all...
    Every single piece of savory, sucky eye candy they have.

    I may never ever use it, but I want it.
    Let me tinker to my hearts content. Who wants the same desktop year after year (only the unimaginative), let me change it up.
      My Computer

  2. MilesAhead's Avatar
    Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #21

    BunnyJ said:
    Lee said:
    Really. . .why the need to compare Linux UI to windows UI. Really see no reason. . .Sorry Jimbo just really don't. . :)
    It's like comparing an orange to a pear. IMO, comparing Linux to Windows is a bit .. well.. silly. If anyone likes Linux that much use it and don't use Windows.
    With VMs many use both simultaneously. Since I don't have a tablet or smart phone I don't need drab to get the machine to boot. My 486 video card only had 1 MB ram but the W95 desktop looked better than W10.

    I wish I could use this theme on KDE Plasma (would look good ported to Windows too I think)


    Unfortunately the link is dead


      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #22

    Trust_No1 said:
    I want it all...
    Every single piece of savory, sucky eye candy they have.

    I may never ever use it, but I want it.
    Let me tinker to my hearts content. Who wants the same desktop year after year (only the unimaginative), let me change it up.
    I do. I don't like the newer desktops. Not everyone uses a computer for eye candy, when you have a browser open in full screen you don't see any of it, if the browser is maximized you only see the taskbar with shortcuts if any. I don't sit around staring at my desktop to watch it change to the next screen, I turned that off.
      My Computer

  4. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       #23

    MilesAhead said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Lee said:
    Really. . .why the need to compare Linux UI to windows UI. Really see no reason. . .Sorry Jimbo just really don't. . :)
    It's like comparing an orange to a pear. IMO, comparing Linux to Windows is a bit .. well.. silly. If anyone likes Linux that much use it and don't use Windows.
    With VMs many use both simultaneously. Since I don't have a tablet or smart phone I don't need drab to get the machine to boot. My 486 video card only had 1 MB ram but the W95 desktop looked better than W10.

    I wish I could use this theme on KDE Plasma (would look good ported to Windows too I think)


    Unfortunately the link is dead


    Looking fabulous!
      My Computer

  5. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,441
    Windows 10
       #24

    Transparency may be gone altogether; latest leak seems to have a black, non-transparent taskbar and no apparent way to modify it.

    (also looks like they ripped off someone's idea!)

    'link6155's theme:

    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10-000002.png

    MS's:

    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10-000003.png
    Last edited by Edwin; 15 Dec 2014 at 05:46.
      My Computer

  6. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,693
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #25

    Edwin said:
    Transparency may gone altogether; latest leak seems to have a black, non-transparent taskbar and no apparent way to modify it.

    (also looks like they ripped off someone's idea!)

    'link6155's theme:

    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10-000002.png

    MS's:

    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10-000003.png
    I noticed that and I want to see it but so far I like the concept.
      My Computer

  7. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,808
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #26

    Good.

    IMO, the transparent Taskbar is awful.
      My Computer


  8. Lee's Avatar
    Lee
    Posts : 4,793
    OS X, Win 10
       #27

    lehnerus2000 said:
    Good.

    IMO, the transparent Taskbar is awful.
      My Computer

  9. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 6,020
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #28

    BunnyJ said:
    Edwin said:
    Transparency may gone altogether; latest leak seems to have a black, non-transparent taskbar and no apparent way to modify it.

    (also looks like they ripped off someone's idea!)

    'link6155's theme:

    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10-000002.png

    MS's:

    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10-000003.png
    I noticed that and I want to see it but so far I like the concept.
    I'm not sure you can call that a concept
    It's a non concept and no imagination
      My Computers

  10. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 9,080
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #29

    MilesAhead said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Lee said:
    Really. . .why the need to compare Linux UI to windows UI. Really see no reason. . .Sorry Jimbo just really don't. . :)
    It's like comparing an orange to a pear. IMO, comparing Linux to Windows is a bit .. well.. silly. If anyone likes Linux that much use it and don't use Windows.
    With VMs many use both simultaneously. Since I don't have a tablet or smart phone I don't need drab to get the machine to boot. My 486 video card only had 1 MB ram but the W95 desktop looked better than W10.

    I wish I could use this theme on KDE Plasma (would look good ported to Windows too I think)


    Unfortunately the link is dead



    Hi there

    If you want to risk it the plasma on KDE 5 looks absolutely AWESOME (and you can replicate AERO glass too if you want). Choose the OXYGEN BLACK theme -- positively eye dropping. KDE 5 isn't 100% stable yet so don't install on a running work / everyday machine outside a VM though.

    Even on a VM it's fine -- but you'll need your VM (and hence host machine) to support decent 3D graphics -- workstation 10 is fine - issues with workstation 11 -- KDE 5 is just too new for VMware to have tested it ---works fabulous on a REAL machine if you can spare one. Download any live KDE distro and then update the KDE 4 / 4.4 workspace to the KDE 5 plasma workspace --brilliant. Ms should perhaps look at people in THEIR OWN I.T server rooms where some of them do run test LINUX systems on their own machines -- and copy some of the screen effects.

    However as I said before some tasks are better suited to a plain desktop - such as serious photoshop work - I switch to a plain grey one.

    So by all means allow users to CHOOSE. This is where it's easier for LINUX as the video is supplied by XORG or what used to be called the X-Server and then you could fire up any GUI (desktop) you liked such as GNOME, KDE, LXFCE or many other ones. Ms went down that stupid .NET route which rather made doing this whole process impossible or very difficult. Perhaps a re-modelling of the GUI could make switching / applying desktop effects easier in Windows.

    My main point was that Windows could easily supply people with magnificent desktops if they wanted to - it's just the cackhanded manner in how Ms decided to implement the GUI with that crazy .NET stuff. I'm not suggesting the useability of Windows is changed -- it's just that the hardware (for most people) is so much more powerful these days so wht not give them a choice - and on the whole I LIKE colourful desktops. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:36.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums