Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,397
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       28 Dec 2014 #101

    Yes you are Wolfgang
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       29 Dec 2014 #102

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Transparent glass is a easy way to see your desktop background throughout windows taskbar for one plus all open windows,
    But since win-10 or 8 for that matter don't really have any window borders it would be I suppose only available via the taskbar and possibly the start menu list
    So instead of the generic 2d color pages there would be transparent glass
    Another example is all of the generic square boxes around apps,
    Where the generic color is could see your back ground image instead,
    Cheers.
    Seeing literally 10 pixels or so of window border transparency to view your Desktop doesn't do anything at all to improve viewability or usability of open windows, at all.

    It's simply fluff.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       29 Dec 2014 #103

    Well, I'm just sitting over here hoping they remove window borders ALTOGETHER. Content over chrome, that's the true nature of the metro UI design. I don't care for shiny glassy borders that do nothing useful but be shiny when it's a digital display. Something called "glass bordering" doesn't belong on a digital user interface.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 702
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       29 Dec 2014 #104

    Coke Robot said: View Post
    It's simply fluff.
    Fluff sells. When I fixed cars the same customer who just spent $2,000 on mags and wide tires would not spend $7 on the brake spring that might help save his life when doing a brake job. The spring doesn't show.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       29 Dec 2014 #105

    . . .need another bucket
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,397
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       29 Dec 2014 #106

    Coke Robot said: View Post
    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Transparent glass is a easy way to see your desktop background throughout windows taskbar for one plus all open windows,
    But since win-10 or 8 for that matter don't really have any window borders it would be I suppose only available via the taskbar and possibly the start menu list
    So instead of the generic 2d color pages there would be transparent glass
    Another example is all of the generic square boxes around apps,
    Where the generic color is could see your back ground image instead,
    Cheers.
    Seeing literally 10 pixels or so of window border transparency to view your Desktop doesn't do anything at all to improve viewability or usability of open windows, at all.

    It's simply fluff.
    I can probably live without window borders,
    But Transparency does help see if a window has gone behind the taskbar covering apply/ save..
    Many graphic's programs and others seem not to acknowledge the taskbar is there and open in full resolution
    So it does help in that way
    Many people using 7 don't need a whole lot of fluff but would like a little built in fluff besides super sliding
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 702
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       29 Dec 2014 #107

    Just by the activity on this thread I don't think MS should make assumptions that Joe Desktop User doesn't care about the looks. Look how many people are going to the trouble of downgrading to W7 when they buy a machine.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       30 Dec 2014 #108

    MilesAhead said: View Post
    Just by the activity on this thread I don't think MS should make assumptions that Joe Desktop User doesn't care about the looks. Look how many people are going to the trouble of downgrading to W7 when they buy a machine.
    I don't think that's a whole lot of people as the marketshare of Windows 8.x has been growing considerably in recent months while 7 only gains very little.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    30 Dec 2014 #109

    Coke Robot said: View Post
    MilesAhead said: View Post
    Just by the activity on this thread I don't think MS should make assumptions that Joe Desktop User doesn't care about the looks. Look how many people are going to the trouble of downgrading to W7 when they buy a machine.
    I don't think that's a whole lot of people as the marketshare of Windows 8.x has been growing considerably in recent months while 7 only gains very little.
    Well Windows 8/8.1 still has less percentage than Windows XP, and I think Windows 8/8.1 gains have more to do with new computer sales than anything else. XP is quite old and so are those machines. Plus, I think more people now know how to add 3rd party start menus to Win 8, so it is not quite as difficult to switch to.

    But in Win 8's defense, I have a strange feeling that it may pick up and even do better than Window's 10, unless the new Window's Consumer Preview has some real changes over TP.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    30 Dec 2014 #110

    I agree with Jimbo - just to correct any misconceptions about Android, on top of the Linux kernel, there are the middleware, libraries and APIs written in C (as in Windows/Linux) - only apps are Java.
    It's thus for all intents and puposes a Linux based OS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Tile Transparency on Start - Adjust in Windows 10 Mobile Phones
How to Adjust Tile Transparency on Start in Windows 10 Mobile Phones This tutorial will show you how to adjust the transparency level of tiles on Start to what you want on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. Live tiles that show updates do not have...
Tutorials
Noticed Transparency on Start Menu. Is there other transparency ?
Is there other transparency, more like what Aero used to have in Win7 ? I know it will be in the final release though, but maybe it's already and I'm not looking in the right place. 15483
General Support
Windows 10 10036: Updates to Start menu - transparency and beyond
Read more: Windows 10 10036: Updates to the Start menu - transparency and beyond
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Confirms Transparency Effects for Windows 10 PCs and Phones
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 10: Transparency for Start menu in future builds
Read more: Windows 10: Transparency coming to future builds for the Start menu - Neowin
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums