Windows 10: 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,468
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       05 Dec 2014 #21

    whs said: View Post
    Besides, what are the Windows 10 functions that a basic user or a business would need.
    The benefit of having the latest security updates built-in.

    Updating seems to chew up space and has the potential to damage your install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    05 Dec 2014 #22

    Even though I prefer 8 at the moment, count me as one of those with a PC ready to get 10 when its released, as long as the price is right
    hoping that win 10 on a desktop and on the phone is going to be a good combination and they work well together
    just need to see how win 10 is going to work on a tablet then all is complete
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    05 Dec 2014 #23

    Lee said: View Post
    kenC said: View Post
    I'd love to know what people are seeing in W10 that I'm missing. I play around with it for a while each night and then go back to W7. It just seems to be W7 with added fluff. Apps that I'll never use - start menu and screen I don't like - they'd better come up with something good quickly after Christmas to make me change from W7.
    Oh my god another one comes out of the closet. . .if you don't like it then don't test go back to Win 7 and be a happy, happy person like Mr. No-1. . . .
    So true.. no one is forcing anyone to use or even like Win10. And I for one am not "orgasmic" over it. I just like using it and it meets my current needs very well.

    If you don't like it... then don't test it anymore.

    Jeff ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    05 Dec 2014 #24

    Why should I stop testing? I'm simply asking what people are finding so better about W10. They've promised a big step up from 7 and 8 and I don't see it yet. Hope it comes soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    05 Dec 2014 #25

    kenC said: View Post
    Why should I stop testing? I'm simply asking what people are finding so better about W10. They've promised a big step up from 7 and 8 and I don't see it yet. Hope it comes soon.
    I just find the merge between Win7/Win8 meets my needs very well.

    And have fun testing. I hope that you find elements of Win10 that you like and meet your needs.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Dec 2014 #26

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    kenC said: View Post
    Why should I stop testing? I'm simply asking what people are finding so better about W10. They've promised a big step up from 7 and 8 and I don't see it yet. Hope it comes soon.
    I just find the merge between Win7/Win8 meets my needs very well.

    And have fun testing. I hope that you find elements of Win10 that you like and meet your needs.

    Jeff
    Thanks, Jeff. I AM having fun testing. But with no new build expected until the New Year and testing finishing in April time is running out for any big changes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    05 Dec 2014 #27

    kenC said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    kenC said: View Post
    Why should I stop testing? I'm simply asking what people are finding so better about W10. They've promised a big step up from 7 and 8 and I don't see it yet. Hope it comes soon.
    I just find the merge between Win7/Win8 meets my needs very well.

    And have fun testing. I hope that you find elements of Win10 that you like and meet your needs.

    Jeff
    Thanks, Jeff. I AM having fun testing. But with no new build expected until the New Year and testing finishing in April time is running out for any big changes.
    Good to hear! I'm having a lot of fun testing this OS out. I can't wait till Jan as well to see the new build.

    Have a great day/weekend.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 680
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 (laptop), W10Pro (tablet)
       05 Dec 2014 #28

    I believe many posting on this thread don't quite get what the article is saying. It's not talking about users that currently have Win 7 or Win 8 running on their machines doing an OS upgrade to Win 10. There's nothing in that for the manufacturers.

    It's referring to the people who have postponed upgrading to a NEW MACHINE because they didn't want a machine with Win 8 on it. According to the article, there's potentially 600 million machines in that category.

    Those of you that have existing machines that you plan to do an OS upgrade on to move from Win 7 or Win 8, aren't included in that number.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    05 Dec 2014 #29

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    LOL ... how much do they pay them to write these things

    I wish I could be so enthusiastic
    for me I am just not impressed with a lot of what I see in Windows 10. I don't even want to start in about all I don't care for, thus far. Overall, for me there is only one truly great improvement and that is the windowed Metro Apps, they did a great job of that and the Metro music app is improved. Now, if they could just throw the rest away.
    Edwin said: View Post
    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    LOL ... how much do they pay them to write these things
    Edwin said: View Post
    Trust_No1 said: View Post

    I wish I could be so enthusiastic
    for me I am just not impressed with a lot of what I see in Windows 10. I don't even want to start in about all I don't care for, thus far. Overall, for me there is only one truly great improvement and that is the windowed Metro Apps, they did a great job of that and the Metro music app is improved. Now, if they could just throw the rest away.
    Oh come on! You're havin a riot messin around with this test build just like the rest of us!
    A lot of people, including me, use those apps you want to toss out.
    @BunnyJ
    Not the apps...
    but the interface and many other features of the new build, I just don't care for it.
    My real number one gripe is;
    I fail to see the need of 2 tiled interfaces, Windows 8 already exists (the optimum), why put another tile menu on the desktop menu

    @Edwin
    "not having a riot" just an opinion... Sorry, I wish I liked it
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,546
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       05 Dec 2014 #30

    Jody Thornton said: View Post
    kenC said: View Post
    I'd love to know what people are seeing in W10 that I'm missing. I play around with it for a while each night and then go back to W7. It just seems to be W7 with added fluff. Apps that I'll never use - start menu and screen I don't like - they'd better come up with something good quickly after Christmas to make me change from W7.

    I know. I just find everyone on here getting "orgasmic" about Windows 10. I just don't see the big deal either (then again, all I care about is the desktop). All I want is a desktop version that runs the way I like Vista or 8.1 running now, so that when support runs out, I can move to a supported version of Windows.

    To me, Windows 10 will be something I will move to in 2023 (when Windows 8.1 support runs out), so what is revealed in the previews won't matter much to me, Besides Windows 10 will likely be constantly updated so the Windows 10 I jump to down the road will be likely a radically different OS than what is released next year (kind of like comparing Mac OSX in 2000 compared to now)

    Jody Thornton
    Radically different? Then why are a lot of people testing it now? Shouldn't people wait for the radically changes before testing any version?

    One thing I do agree with, I won't be upgrading myself either unless it is free and Microsoft guarantees it won't brick your hard drive. Even then I would still be afraid to upgrade.


    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    whs said: View Post
    Besides, what are the Windows 10 functions that a basic user or a business would need.
    The benefit of having the latest security updates built-in.

    Updating seems to chew up space and has the potential to damage your install.
    lehnerus2000
    Security updates continue for sometime for windows 7 even after January 2015. Security updates built in that is funny. Even Linux, Mac's, Bsd and other operating systems don't even do that. One major issue with windows 10 is they got to fix is bricking hard drives. I don't know if Macrium Reflect image/clone restore would be able fix that issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Waiting Game in General Support
26112 This is the Update information that I have on 1 of my 3 PCs. On the 2nd, the necessary update has been installed i.e. KB3035583 but there is nothing in the system tray. On the 3rd, the notification icon is there in the system tray,...
SSD waiting... in Drivers and Hardware
I have a spare Samsung 840 Evo 120GB waiting for you Windows 9.... It's all yours....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.
Find Us