Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB3120677 Nov. 24th.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1.    27 Nov 2015 #101

    @ Jeff. What happened to your holiday bunny?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Nov 2015 #102

    Winuser said: View Post
    @ Jeff. What happened to your holiday bunny?
    Oh.. I put him on hold for now.. I might pull him up later today.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Nov 2015 #103

    Oops should read 5.11.5408.
    Try Google "Windows 10 deletes programs" e.g.
    Jared Newman | @onejarednewman
    PCWorld

    • Nov 24, 2015 8:15 AM




    Microsoft may have gotten too aggressive with the speed and stability fixes in Windows 10’s November update, which is reportedly wiping some programs from users’ PCs.
    As noted by VentureBeat, complaints about the update have started popping up in numerous threads on Reddit. The latest complaint, posted on Monday, claims that the update had removed CPU-Z and AMD Catalyst Control Center from the user’s system. Previous complaints have mentioned CCleaner, Intel WiDi Remote, Speccy, and Cisco VPN.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Nov 2015 #104

    pjkxpjkx said: View Post
    Oops should read 5.11.5408.
    Try Google "Windows 10 deletes programs" e.g.
    Jared Newman | @onejarednewman
    PCWorld

    • Nov 24, 2015 8:15 AM




    Microsoft may have gotten too aggressive with the speed and stability fixes in Windows 10ís November update, which is reportedly wiping some programs from usersí PCs.
    As noted by VentureBeat, complaints about the update have started popping up in numerous threads on Reddit. The latest complaint, posted on Monday, claims that the update had removed CPU-Z and AMD Catalyst Control Center from the userís system. Previous complaints have mentioned CCleaner, Intel WiDi Remote, Speccy, and Cisco VPN.
    From the experiences of users here it seems that the claim that CCleaner is removed is a false one. And I know for a fact that AMD catalyst is not removed during the upgrade from 10240 to 10586.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       27 Nov 2015 #105

    Nice one Jeff well said.
    Also I would rather believe anyone but a guy from PC World.
    In our local PC World they are still running 98 windows
    Seen it for myself and my friend works there.
    He has not even been trained on windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Nov 2015 #106

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Nice one Jeff well said.
    Also I would rather believe anyone but a guy from PC World.
    In our local PC World they are still running 98 windows
    Seen it for myself and my friend works there.
    He has not even been trained on windows 10
    Maybe they should change their name to PC Old World.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    27 Nov 2015 #107

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    From the experiences of users here it seems that the claim that CCleaner is removed is a false one. And I know for a fact that AMD catalyst is not removed during the upgrade from 10240 to 10586.
    The only thing that got removed for me was the calculator (calc.exe) shortcut in the start menu. And it happened on 4 PCs. CCleaner stayed put.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 103
    32-bit Windows 10 Pro - Build 1607/14393.51
       28 Nov 2015 #108

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Nice one Jeff well said.
    Also I would rather believe anyone but a guy from PC World.
    In our local PC World they are still running 98 windows
    Seen it for myself and my friend works there.
    He has not even been trained on windows 10
    Umm, I am confused. The post is from the news site/magazine PC World. It sounds like you are talking about some sort of store with the same name.

    I'm pretty sure that the magazine folks don't own stores, "local" to you or otherwise...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,231
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.1198)
       28 Nov 2015 #109

    You can restore the original calculator (not the ugly modern app) with Winaero Tweaker. You can then invoke it by executing calc from Run (Win+R) or create a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\Calc1.exe
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,231
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.1198)
       28 Nov 2015 #110

    Inundated said: View Post
    Umm, I am confused. The post is from the news site/magazine PC World. It sounds like you are talking about some sort of store with the same name. I'm pretty sure that the magazine folks don't own stores, "local" to you or otherwise...
    Yes, PC World is a computer store chain, much like Dixons is an electronics store chain. I may be wrong, but I think they have branches in UK as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Related Threads
After the V1511 update exercise on Network Discovery, the fix that MS came out with a few days ago resolved the Discovery problem on 6 of the 7 computers on my home network. Unfortunately, I have one system that is still not recognized. As far as...
42580 Info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3097617 Download x64 KB3097617: 496 MB http://t.co/bgMy2WebuS Download x86 KB3097617: 223 MB http://t.co/FSYejVRx7B
I have some issues after installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3097617) Black squires (windows) are randomly appearing (and disappearing) on the screen. Robby
Cumulative Update KB3081444: Success! in Windows Updates and Activation
Microsoft just released cumulative update KB3081444, and after the reboot loop and uninstall error from KB3081424, KB3081436 and KB3081438, the latest finally installed without issue on my machine. Try checking for updates now, as it just came...
I know that a lot of people have been having issues with this update, but I haven't even been able to get the update to appear in Windows Update, it's not in my Update History so im pretty sure it didn't install without me knowing, and when I check...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:22.
Find Us