Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 55
    Windows 8.1 & TP 9926
       03 Dec 2014 #11

    Winuser said: View Post
    Thanks for the info labeeman! I did the download and install. So far I haven't noticed any problems. In Windows update it say's it's installed. I'll switch to IE for a few days to see if I have any problems.
    Isn't the fix for Explorer ? why are you talking about IE ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       03 Dec 2014 #12

    netuser said: View Post
    Winuser said: View Post
    Thanks for the info labeeman! I did the download and install. So far I haven't noticed any problems. In Windows update it say's it's installed. I'll switch to IE for a few days to see if I have any problems.
    Isn't the fix for Explorer ? why are you talking about IE ?
    That's what thought I had read.. could be wrong??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.   My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       03 Dec 2014 #14
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       03 Dec 2014 #15

    Here's what happens:
    1. I check for the update(s) and I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	46 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	9086

    It indicates that there is an important update that needs to be done.
    2 Now I check what update it is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	9087

    It's the update mentioned above.
    3. Now I try to install it and I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	9088

    But when I go to the history I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	46 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	9089

    I wonder what's up/wrong??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,379
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       03 Dec 2014 #16

    UPDATE:

    How to Change to Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       03 Dec 2014 #17

    KB3020114 fix that worked for me: (from KB3020114 Fails to Install - Microsoft Community)

    By trying the MELERIX's way, there still the same problem remained.
    So I checked the previously installed windows updates
    KB3019269
    KB3018943
    KB3016725
    KB3016656(*)
    and uninstalled them all.
    Then I tried to update Windows updates, then the following new updates appeared.
    KB3020114
    KB3016725
    KB3019269
    KB3018943
    As above the update KB3020114 is normally installed and no repeatation of updates!
    * This KB3016656 is discussed as "suspicious update" on the internet (ie.Suspicious update)


    Rich
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    03 Dec 2014 #18

    I got my updates today when I opened 10. At first got a message that updates couldn't download as other updates were in progress try again later.

    At that point I left it to do something else and on going back into Updates had the message about a restart would take place or I could do it now. I restarted and on checking everything installed successfully.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,628
    Windows 10
       03 Dec 2014 #19

    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    KB3020114 fix that worked for me: (from KB3020114 Fails to Install - Microsoft Community)

    By trying the MELERIX's way, there still the same problem remained.
    So I checked the previously installed windows updates
    KB3019269
    KB3018943
    KB3016725
    KB3016656(*)
    and uninstalled them all.
    Then I tried to update Windows updates, then the following new updates appeared.
    KB3020114
    KB3016725
    KB3019269
    KB3018943
    As above the update KB3020114 is normally installed and no repeatation of updates!
    * This KB3016656 is discussed as "suspicious update" on the internet (ie.Suspicious update)


    Rich
    Did that and the explorer update installed. Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,437
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Dec 2014 #20

    netuser said: View Post
    Winuser said: View Post
    Thanks for the info labeeman! I did the download and install. So far I haven't noticed any problems. In Windows update it say's it's installed. I'll switch to IE for a few days to see if I have any problems.
    Isn't the fix for Explorer ? why are you talking about IE ?
    Sorry! My Bad!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Day one patch for Windows 10 features over 1GB of fixes and improvemen
The final build number consumers will update to on July 29th reads 10240.16405.150725-1815.th1, and those keeping track will notice the delta number has increased from 16384. Those upgrading will actually download 10240.16384 alongside the day one...
Windows 10 News
Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down
I took the upgrade path from Build 10122 to 10130, but every time I shut down, I get this application error message after the desktop closes. I have to click OK to terminate the program to shut the machine down. This is the first time I've seen...
General Support
Windows 10 RTM “Almost” Ready, Microsoft Now Working on Bug Fixes...
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10
More
Windows 10 News
Hidden tricks and fixes in Windows 10 build 9879
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums