Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Nov 2015 #31

    I agree Microsoft should take their time to get things right, but this business of releasing everything that is only 65% done and then updating along the way seems a little goofy.

    Terry
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 Nov 2015 #32
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by tcman50 View Post
    I agree Microsoft should take their time to get things right, but this business of releasing everything that is only 65% done and then updating along the way seems a little goofy.

    Terry
    That's how all browsers have been developed. FF/Chrome weren't perfect with the first versions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    23 Nov 2015 #33

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    That's how all browsers have been developed. FF/Chrome weren't perfect with the first versions.
    I like your avatar, cute.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    23 Nov 2015 #34
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by tcman50 View Post
    I like your avatar, cute.
    Thanks.. holiday bunny.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    23 Nov 2015 #35
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,787
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Yes but give Microsoft time don't think they want to make same mistake they made with IE Browser.
    They will want to get it nearly perfect before they add to much to it, and I think it will be test upon test before it is finally what everyone wants.
    With the big businesses switching to windows 10 as well Edge will get top priority with updates and testing
    You don't work for Microsoft.
    You don't know what they think.
    You don't know their business strategies.
    Don't put words in their mouth.

    If you say Edge is fast, so Edge is fast. That's your opinion.
    Stop proclaiming it's the best in the world.
    Give it a rest.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 Nov 2015 #36
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 941
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    You don't work for Microsoft.
    You don't know what they think.
    You don't know their business strategies.
    Don't put words in their mouth.

    If you say Edge is fast, so Edge is fast. That's your opinion.
    Stop proclaiming it's the best in the world.
    Give it a rest.
    Exactly, Microsoft is not new to the browser game either. IE 3.0 and 4.0 was better than Netscape which was 1995/1996 but then later, Netscape, Firefox and Chrome all beat it and this has been going on for 20 years already. Microsoft is a publically traded company, their object is to get products out as fast as possible to generate news as Microsoft does not owe the customers anything, they only need to deliver to the shareholders such as myself. While many businesses use Windows for servers, many others who depend on reliability runs a Un*x or Un*x like OS instead. Any computer or browser can be fast or slow because Edge has no plugins other than Flash yet, run Flash on Edge and it can be Flash that is slowing things down. There is no such thing as best or not best as it depends all on the individual and their own preferences. I like Chrome because of the tabs outliner plugin as I can literally crash the machine and I can open up the last session regardless if Chrome offers to restore the previous tabs or not. I visit at least 60+ forums a day and Edge is too slow for me as I need to read everything within 2-3 hours flat.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Nov 2015 #37
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 18,303
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Yes but give Microsoft time don't think they want to make same mistake they made with IE Browser.
    The only problem with IE is the reputation it has got
    There is nothing wrong with it nowadays, its a nice browser, but because of the bad reputation people ignore it

    We know MS is working on Edge, and it works well so far, but from what I can see it is getting a bad rep because of missing features and whatever other issues people have

    MS need to stop bringing these things out half finished, as we know with IE, once people start hearing bad things then they ignore, regardless of how good it is
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    23 Nov 2015 #38
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,555
    Windows 10 x64 Home Build (Redstone(1)) 15063.608

    No I don't work for them.
    not putting words in their mouths
    Read what others have found also with Edge, not just me.
    Not saying it is the best in the world but compared to IE11 and Chrome it is.
    Another member on here who was unsure about trying it did so and he likes it.
    All 24 laptops and tablets my family own all run with Edge and all are business users.
    They all had trouble with Chrome and IE11 and 2 used FF which they did not like.
    The council where I live has just switched to windows 10 along with Edge
    So has a big college just this last weekend switched to windows 10 and Edge
    how do I know my 3rd granddaughter goes there and she told me
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Nov 2015 #39
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 30
    windows 10

    I'm a partner in a small business, there are maybe half a dozen computers running W10, none of them use Edge as their primary browser.

    I don't use it on my personal machine either, I'm more than happy using a combination of Firefox and Chrome, the latter's Chromecast extension is invaluable to me and I find both faster than Edge.

    Obviously the choice of browser is a personal one, everybody has their own opinion but looking at things objectively I struggle to comprehend how anyone can consider Edge to be the better browser in its current state. It's a work in progress, it may get there, it may not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Nov 2015 #40
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 941
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    I think a lot of the reason why Edge is talked about more is because it comes with Windows so it's already included and the average user will not go and use something else, not to mention some websites about optimized for IE, not sure about Edge and won't look the same in other browsers. Just like on a Mac, people would talk about Safari. Remember Microsoft used to be a bigger company and then the Anti-trust government lawsuits came in all because of bundling the IE browser and all these penalties has been costing Microsoft for the last 10+ years. Browsers are like anything else, everyone has their personal favorite and others should just respect it. What a college campus uses has a lot to do with who donates to the school whether monetary or hardware wise. UCLA for example is IBM Servers in the engineering, SUN Servers in Physics, IBM Servers for the entire school. UC Berkeley on the other hand is Hewlett-Packard aka Apollo Servers and Workstations and SUN Servers and Workstations because they work closely with the two companies.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Wierd Google Chrome and Google app launcher display issue
Clean installed windows 10 last week and I'm now getting a few odd display issues. On occasion my google app launcher is not displaying properly, It is much too big. After opening and closing a few times it returns to normal size. The same thing...
Browsers and Email
Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?
I find on Startup(Task Manager - Startup) - 12 icons of Google Chrome - are they normal or should have been only one icon? If these are not normal - please suggest the remedial procedure to get rid of them. Also I find in C:Drive -...
Browsers and Email
Solved I downloaded a New Google Chrome Browser today
..and my TenForums TUTORIALs are visible again. I am able to see them and all may be normal again... still checking and thanks for all your previous comments. all be safe.
Browsers and Email
Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45
Speed is one of the founding principles of Chrome. As the web evolves and sites take advantage of increasing capabilities, Chrome’s performance—how fast pages load, how smooth scrolling is, how much memory is consumed, and how long your battery...
Browsers and Email
Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches
If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google."...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums