Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       20 Nov 2014 #21

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post

    groze said: View Post
    Macrium free now restores Linux even if installed on logical partition but you still have to back it up through windows.
    I been backing up and restoring my Linux partitions using Reflect for ~4 years.
    I read somewhere Reflect didn't backup Linux logical partition for awhile but that comment could of been wrong.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       20 Nov 2014 #22

    I have received notice from Microsoft that Classic Shell is blocked because of a few compatibility issues. I am working with them on finding a solution. Stay tuned.

    In the meantime you can rename the installer to work around the block.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       20 Nov 2014 #23

    To All,
    I have been reading post on here. Saying Microsoft is not listening to the feedback. What feedback are they not listening to? People wanted an iso image for each release, they will have it when the slow ring is released.


    Edited to add this and for clarity.

    Ivo, Thank you for the info. I didn't see your post, tell I posted this. It took me 25 minutes to post this. I edited my post accordingly
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Feb 2014
    Posts : 372
    Windows 10
       20 Nov 2014 #24

    Ivo said: View Post
    I have received notice from Microsoft that Classic Shell is blocked because of a few compatibility issues. I am working with them on finding a solution. Stay tuned.

    In the meantime you can rename the installer to work around the block.
    Thanks dude, and welcome to Ten....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       20 Nov 2014 #25

    groze said: View Post
    Indianatone said: View Post
    I made the decision to try 10 without classic shell to try out what they Microsoft came up with. It is simply that. Microsoft want users to try the start menu and provide feedback from the standard 10 start menu.
    Classic shell had better work with the RTM version or there will be trouble.
    Indianatone
    A simple rename of the install name will allow it be installed for now. It actually should be allowed with consumer preview though without having to rename it.
    As I said in my post they Microsoft want you to try the standard Windows 10 start menu. I know there is a work around. The important thing is to provide feedback on the new OS not on how Classic Shell works.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,645
    Windows 10
       20 Nov 2014 #26

    Thunderbird and Firefox have compatibility issues with windows 10 in that they do not print. I do not see M$ trying to block them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       20 Nov 2014 #27

    labeeman said: View Post
    Thunderbird and Firefox have compatibility issues with windows 10 in that they do not print. I do not see M$ trying to block them.
    To labeeman
    Microsoft should of said it was a temporary block that was their mistake. It must be some new coding in the start menu. I am actually surprised Microsoft is working with IVO.

    To All,
    Some people here said we are supposed to be testing Microsoft start menu. Well you can only test it so far, if Microsoft just wants to test just what comes installed, Microsoft don't need us, Microsoft can do that themselves. I thought we were suppose to test all aspects of the operating system including 3 party software like Seamonkey, Chrome, Firefox, etc.... I don't think Microsoft should even have a button to install new preview button. The reason the button won't be there in the new release. There are two ways people install. Clean install and upgrade install. That what needs to be tested.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       21 Nov 2014 #28

    groze said: View Post
    labeeman said: View Post
    Thunderbird and Firefox have compatibility issues with windows 10 in that they do not print. I do not see M$ trying to block them.
    To labeeman
    Microsoft should of said it was a temporary block that was their mistake. It must be some new coding in the start menu. I am actually surprised Microsoft is working with IVO.

    To All,
    Some people here said we are supposed to be testing Microsoft start menu. Well you can only test it so far, if Microsoft just wants to test just what comes installed, Microsoft don't need us, Microsoft can do that themselves. I thought we were suppose to test all aspects of the operating system including 3 party software like Seamonkey, Chrome, Firefox, etc.... I don't think Microsoft should even have a button to install new preview button. The reason the button won't be there in the new release. There are two ways people install. Clean install and upgrade install. That what needs to be tested.
    . . .What? You seem to have something against Microsoft. . .What?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    21 Nov 2014 #29

    Well, I have always used Start8, on 8/8.1/build 9841 (was that the name?), and it is currently installed on 9879, works and installed just fine.

    As for Microsoft's new Windows 10 menu, I simply don't like it, so I use Start8. I also use Brink's shortcuts, for Charms Bar and Desktop swapping.

    If I didn't have Start8 I doubt I would bother testing at all, you don't need the menu to test other aspects.

    Besides, if so many people are using Classic Shell, or other 3rd party start menus, perhaps that should be telling Microsoft something (like maybe people don't like the new interface).
    OMG!! ...slap my mouth.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Nov 2014 #30

    labeeman said: View Post
    Thunderbird and Firefox have compatibility issues with windows 10 in that they do not print. I do not see M$ trying to block them.
    Thunderbird and Firefox don't insert themselves into the shell.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!
Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It actually got better. Enjoy the short video. ...
Customization
Classic Shell 4.2 officially supports Windows 10
I won't use it, but here it is... Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements :)
Software and Apps
Latest Classic Shell for Windows 10
Ver.4.20 Classic Shell
Software and Apps
New Classic Shell released
Classic Shell 4.0.4 released 1/18/2014. http://www.classicshell.net
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums