Windows 10: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available


  1. Posts : 72
    W10 Home/W10 Pro
       13 Nov 2015 #731

    After updating I notice in Update & Security/Activation it now shows (beside 'Product Key') - "Windows 10 on this device is activated with a digital entitlement". This is showing on both my W10 Home and W10 Pro machines. Is this new as I can't recall seeing this before? Below it is a link 'Get more info' which takes you to this page...

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    13 Nov 2015 #732

    Installed, no problems, and working great.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    13 Nov 2015 #733

    Debbie said: View Post
    After updating I notice in Update & Security/Activation it now shows (beside 'Product Key') - "Windows 10 on this device is activated with a digital entitlement". This is showing on both my W10 Home and W10 Pro machines. Is this new as I can't recall seeing this before? Below it is a link 'Get more info' which takes you to this page...
    That's interesting. Can't say as I've ever looked at that screen before. Mine shows the same thing on this PC.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	activationCapture.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	47992
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 26,727
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       13 Nov 2015 #734

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    That's interesting. Can't say as I've ever looked at that screen before. Mine shows the same thing on this PC.




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	activationCapture.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	47992
    Mine is totality different than THAT screen.......the 1st 2 lines at the top are the same, but mine shows a Product ID # on 3rd line and my Product Key # on 4th line.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       13 Nov 2015 #735

    jds63 said: View Post
    Saw that, but said different, at bottom of this page
    http://www.ghacks.net/2015/11/13/fix...ot-showing-up/
    Bottom actually says "If you have uninstalled the update to the new version of Windows, you won't get it offered again in Windows Update."

    which is different than someone not updating successfully...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 72
    W10 Home/W10 Pro
       13 Nov 2015 #736

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Mine is totality different than THAT screen.......the 1st 2 lines at the top are the same, but mine shows a Product ID # on 3rd line and my Product Key # on 4th line.
    See link, some machines will show a Key, lots of 'activated' options listed there...

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       13 Nov 2015 #737

    Clean install with disc from ISO build 10586.0 no problems activating, went smooth.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	47997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	47998
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 26,727
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       13 Nov 2015 #738

    jds63 said: View Post
    Clean install with disc from ISO build 10586.0 no problems activating, went smooth.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	47997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	47998
    Well its about time!! Glad you finally installed the update.....now the fun begins...
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       13 Nov 2015 #739

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well its about time!! Glad you finally installed the update.....now the fun begins...
    Uhuh, cleanly too!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 26,727
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       13 Nov 2015 #740

    jds63 said: View Post
    Uhuh, cleanly too!
    And you will be doing another clean install next year too....which is only few months away.....more or less....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
Major Windows Update Problems in Windows Updates and Activation
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.
Find Us