Windows 10: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available


  1. Posts : 302
    Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.125
       12 Nov 2015 #470

    essenbe said: View Post
    I downloaded the ISO from Techbench and upgraded today. So far, everything is working just as it is supposed to.
    Thanks essenbe - I used your post reference to TechBench and got the update without any hitches on 2 pc's. Appreciate it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Nov 2015 #471

    chideock said: View Post
    I did that but disk cleanup does not show those folders. Also windows.old is still on the computer. I'll leave the ESD folder alone for now.

    Standby I think I missed a step.
    OK I'll start another post elsewhere about this when I figure out what I want to do. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Hmmm, Disk Cleanup got my Windows.old folder, as well as the temp folder for the installation files. I kept the ESD folder too. The only folder that's still on my main C directory is $Windows.~WS and it's only about 45 MB in size.

    Make sure you run Disk Cleanup as an Administrator from the Start Menu, under Windows Administrative Tools.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 77
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.192
       12 Nov 2015 #472

    Chris2005 said: View Post
    Hmmm, Disk Cleanup got my Windows.old folder, as well as the temp folder for the installation files. I kept the ESD folder too. The only folder that's still on my main C directory is $Windows.~WS and it's only about 45 MB in size.

    Make sure you run Disk Cleanup as an Administrator from the Start Menu, under Windows Administrative Tools.
    I will try through the Admin Tools tomorrow along with making sure of the Admin part. I did miss a step initially but now I am not sure exactly what I need to tick off or even if I want to do this just yet. Maybe leave it a couple of days.

    Thank you
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,627
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       12 Nov 2015 #473

    The link provided earlier worked best for me, allowed me to download both 32-bit and 64-bit on a 64-bit computer. Media Creation Tool insisted on downloading only the same version as is installed, my Win10 Home 64-bit couldn't also get the 32-bit version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       12 Nov 2015 #474

    Berton said: View Post
    The link provided earlier worked best for me, allowed me to download both 32-bit and 64-bit on a 64-bit computer. Media Creation Tool insisted on downloading only the same version as is installed, my Win10 Home 64-bit couldn't also get the 32-bit version.
    You have to uncheck something at the bottom to choose between 32, 64 bit or both.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 436
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1803 build 17133.73
       12 Nov 2015 #475

    The next major update from MS I will be waiting at least a week or so before going after. Never again first day adopter on the software. I ain't got the time for this BS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Nov 2015 #476

    Are people beginning to see it show up in Windows update yet?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    13 Nov 2015 #477

    Scottyboy99 said: View Post
    Are people beginning to see it show up in Windows update yet?
    Not me
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    13 Nov 2015 #478

    Scottyboy99 said: View Post
    Are people beginning to see it show up in Windows update yet?
    not me here in the UK
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 10,705
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       13 Nov 2015 #479

    JohnBurns said: View Post
    Thanks essenbe - I used your post reference to TechBench and got the update without any hitches on 2 pc's. Appreciate it!
    @JohnBurns You're welcome. Glad I could help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
    I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
    Major Windows Update Problems in Windows Updates and Activation
    For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.
    Find Us