Windows 10: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available


  1. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586
       12 Nov 2015 #431

    Gas said: View Post
    That was the way I would like to, but the download was very slow 4Mb, via the MCT speed was 20 Mb, maybe some server overload.
    Yep! - A world wide Problem.....!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Nov 2015 #432

    Wynona said: View Post
    You can always download the Media Creation Tool. That's what I did and although I did a clean install, you can upgrade with it just fine from Build 10240 RTM.
    I did all that this morning. Waiting for the update to come thru to see how stable it is on my lappy.
    Then I will do the clean install.

    I, like you and many others had a lot of damage from the bad update of a couple of weeks ago.
    Ended up doing a clean install of 10240 last week.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,391
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Nov 2015 #433

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    I did all that this morning. Waiting for the update to come thru to see how stable it is on my lappy.
    Then I will do the clean install.

    I, like you and many others had a lot of damage from the bad update of a couple of weeks ago.
    Ended up doing a clean install of 10240 last week.
    Oh! Well, you're more patient than I. Luckily it wasn't Build 10240 RTM that damaged my system . . . it was my Insider Preview, so no biggie to reinstall. For the third time!

    I'd been holding off for a clean install of Build 10240 RTM on the desktop, waiting for this upgrade. Now it's done but can't reinstall Office 365 ProPlus subscription.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,613
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.296
       12 Nov 2015 #434

    Tried updating for a few hours this evening but in the end I gave up and downloaded the .iso.
    Updated using this and all appears fine up to now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Nov 2015 #435

    Wynona said: View Post
    Oh! Well, you're more patient than I. Luckily it wasn't Build 10240 RTM that damaged my system . . . it was my Insider Preview, so no biggie to reinstall. For the third time!

    I'd been holding off for a clean install of Build 10240 RTM on the desktop, waiting for this upgrade. Now it's done but can't reinstall Office 365 ProPlus subscription.
    Yes, for me it was the insider build that got hit. I don't remember what build it was.
    Then a few day's later a newer build came out and I thought it would fix all the damage but,
    it made everything worse.
    So, I had no choice other than a clean install and I went with 240. Which is running great.

    Any idea why Office won't install ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    12 Nov 2015 #436

    Yea, it's odd that Office won't reinstall.

    I didn't reinstall Windows fresh after the upgrade, but my Office installation was unaffected by the upgrade, loaded right up without a problem. Checking my other programs now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Nov 2015 #437

    Did MCT upgrade this afternoon. 3.5 hours later 10286.3 was up and running just fine on my Home Laptop. I am left with 3 folders on the drive $WINDOWS.~BT, $Windows.~WS & ESD. Can I just delete them? (I am not going backwards)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    12 Nov 2015 #438

    chideock said: View Post
    Did MCT upgrade this afternoon. 3.5 hours later 10286.3 was up and running just fine on my Home Laptop. I am left with 3 folders on the drive $WINDOWS.~BT, $Windows.~WS & ESD. Can I just delete them? (I am not going backwards)
    Disk Cleanup should take care of them, but someone said that the ESD folder is used for the Reset function for Windows.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Nov 2015 #439

    OMG..44 pages. Which thread and/or post on this forum describes the best, fastest, most trouble-free method for upgrading our Windows10 Home version? (Win10 that was Win7 prior)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    12 Nov 2015 #440

    I went through the Windows Update, it saw the upgrade available and started the download. I got to 100% and then I get a message that it couldn't be processed, try again later.

    What does that mean? I got no error messages. I went back about 10 minutes later to check for it and WU found nothing.

    What do I do now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
Major Windows Update Problems in Windows Updates and Activation
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.
Find Us