Page 141 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Nov 2015 #1401
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    Should you even use November 1511 update at all since it possibly have some issue? I am not using windows 10 November update until I get more of the reason why it was really pulled. I have an image backup with the windows 10 November update . Right now I am using windows 7 & Linux system dual booting.





    Also, if all future updates/upgrades are only going to be via windows updates, I may not use windows 10 at all.

    Think about this, you sell your windows 10 computer to a friend in the year 2020. Your friend wants to do a clean install. He would have to download several 3 to 4 gb for every upgrade or even some updates. I don't know how much that would be, but it would be a lot of data to download This may also apply if you buy a computer at a retail store that just has build 10240 on it.
    Wow, 2020 already but I do agree with your point.....I just like doing clean installs on major updates, such as 1511, seems to be fewer problems on clean vs update....hopefully, MS will rethink this at some point and make it easier to obtain ISO's....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 Nov 2015 #1402
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

    Of course, that is assuming Microsoft's "It's complicated" is referencing it being a technically complicated reason.

    Or, it could be "complicated" inasmuch as MS wants greater control over distribution methods and timings, and only after making the 10586 iso available did they realize that doing so somehow negatively impacted their ability to control/monitor installs in a way that they believe affects/has potential to affect their bottom line.

    It could also be "complicated" because it might be the case that the alternative authentication options available with the 10586, such as doing a clean install with a Windows 7/8/8.1 key opened the door for pirated versions to upgrade to 10 "authentically." Regardless of the hype before the release, MS has no interest in giving Windows 10 away for free to the world's pirates. Already many have claimed that using the regular upgrade feature from a pirated version of 7/8/8.1 leads to an authenticated 10, but doing a clean install of 10 isn't possible, or is more difficult.... maybe the 10586 iso made it easier...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    23 Nov 2015 #1403
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,872
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    It's complicated to be a little bit truthful, without opening the floodgates to the real reasons why MS don't want all and sundry to clean install at the moment, but still have to allow upgrades.

    A similar thing occurred at the end of July too when 10240 went to general availability, and all the activation servers for Insider previews upgrading to 10240 shut down. Also the reason given then was to see how the upgrading from Qualifying OS installations (7 & 8.x) were getting on.

    Seems to me that there is just no control that MS can put in place to stop any old OS COA 7 or otherwise obtained non-slp 8.x key activating an install on any old non-qualifying device with the right edition from the ISO and MCT esds or wims that have been available since 10565.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    23 Nov 2015 #1404
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluster Head View Post
    Hi!
    Grab your .iso Build 10586 here: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/soft...load/techbench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluster Head View Post
    Hi!
    No! - all languages!
    Too bad it downloads Windows 10 build 10240....

    Just finished 2 minutes ago:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	50202

    There is one way, and one way only to get 10586 at this point, and that is by Edwin in the next post.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    23 Nov 2015 #1405
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,502
    Windows 10 Professional
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    23 Nov 2015 #1406
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    It's complicated to be a little bit truthful, without opening the floodgates to the real reasons why MS don't want all and sundry to clean install at the moment, but still have to allow upgrades.

    ...
    Exactly, the complications not being from any technical error regarding the build or installer that users should worry about but rather being about distribution control or something similar that MS worries about.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Nov 2015 #1407
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,885
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    So with the MCT being 10586 can we conclude that they shut down the direct ISO download because some are hacking it to eventually get authentication? Is that possible?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    23 Nov 2015 #1408
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    So with the MCT being 10586 can we conclude that they shut down the direct ISO download because some are hacking it to eventually get authentication? Is that possible?
    This is 100% conjecture on my part. When activating Windows 7/8/8.1 with a product key, after a certain number of activations within a certain timeframe the key would get blocked from automatic activation over the internet and it would require a phone call to achieve new activations. I suspect that Microsoft realized that repetitive activation of Windows 10 with the same product key was not being checked for or blocked. I am guessing the same Windows 7/8/8.1 product key could be used to activate an unlimited number of Windows 10 installations.

    Again, 100% speculation, but that would explain the "activation issues" Microsoft has mentioned without them spilling the details about it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Nov 2015 #1409
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Too bad it downloads Windows 10 build 10240....

    Just finished 2 minutes ago:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	50202

    There is one way, and one way only to get 10586 at this point, and that is by Edwin in the next post.
    Not for me:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (130).png 
Views:	3 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	50206
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Nov 2015 #1410
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluster Head View Post
    Not for me
    I guess it is random what version someone gets, then, but the user should be prepared to be disappointed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
Installation and Upgrade
Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
General Support
Major Windows Update Problems
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows "won't get another major update until 2015" Rumor
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums