Windows 10: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available

  1.    21 Nov 2015 #1301

    The story that's going around is they want users to do it via Windows update. If your going to clean install, you'll have to install 10240 then upgrade to 10586 via Windows update. Why, who knows?
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...wnload-server/
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       21 Nov 2015 #1302

    larc919 said: View Post
    I'm running 10586 on 3 boxes and a laptop and not seeing any problems. So I'm assuming everything is OK until/unless my experience or word from Microsoft tells me otherwise.
    Same here (3) boxes on 10586.11 one is still on 10240 all are working fine .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       21 Nov 2015 #1303

    Well maybe because they believe it will go in better with no issues
    I did all mine via windows update
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Nov 2015 #1304

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    The story that's going around is they want users to do it via Windows update. If your going to clean install, you'll have to install 10240 then upgrade to 10586 via Windows update. Why, who knows?
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...wnload-server/
    Could be, but very few of us successfully installed the update, so were forced to use the ISO or MCT. And even then, there were a whole bunch who couldn't install without problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       21 Nov 2015 #1305

    I guess the in-place upgrade installs to repair a system 10586 is no longer a option either unless you can in-place repair with the 10240 ISO on a system already on 10586. Good thing I downloaded the 10586 TechBench ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Nov 2015 #1306

    Wynona said: View Post
    Could be, but very few of us successfully installed the update, so were forced to use the ISO or MCT. And even then, there were a whole bunch who couldn't install without problems.
    I mentioned that on the yammer network. Kind of reneges on the "can clean install with Windows 7 and 8 keys" promise too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Nov 2015 #1307

    Edwin said: View Post
    Just chill out with it, cautiously, I'd say.
    I just put it back on and I've haven't seen any 'planets colliding' or anything like that!
    Does losing your desktop after coming out of sleep mode count for something? I did manage to do a system restore which worked. I am still running 10586.11.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       21 Nov 2015 #1308

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    The story that's going around is they want users to do it via Windows update. If your going to clean install, you'll have to install 10240 then upgrade to 10586 via Windows update. Why, who knows?
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...wnload-server/
    A couple of hours ago, I clean installed 10586.0 from the iso we got a couple of days ago through the MCT. Live Cumulative updates got me to 10586.11.
    Nothing weird so far. Watching closely!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Nov 2015 #1309

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I mentioned that on the yammer network. Kind of reneges on the "can clean install with Windows 7 and 8 keys" promise too.
    Where did you mention that, Alpha? I have a real name there too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Nov 2015 #1310

    Wynona said: View Post
    Where did you mention that, Alpha? I have a real name there too.
    The Microsoft MVP Community, its a private closed group.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
Major Windows Update Problems in Windows Updates and Activation
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.
Find Us