Windows 10: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available


  1. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       17 Nov 2015 #1181

    Download links for Windows 10 10586.3


    Wynona said: View Post
    Probably, but if I were to catch something like that I'd probably not remember which channel it was on either. And by the time I got from the TV to the computer, half of it would be gone.

    Anyhow, do you have the URL to the ISO of Build 10585? It's about time for that to be re-posted to for those who need it.
    Presumably if they haven't changed the download builds since last night Here they are☻

    Download links for Windows 10 10586.3 should be able to score home or pro there

    MCT https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

    ISO https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afternoon  winver 2.0.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	48910
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 12,455
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       17 Nov 2015 #1182

    blutos cousin said: View Post
    Presumably if they haven't changed the download builds since last night Here they are☻

    Download links for Windows 10 10586.3 should be able to score home or pro there

    MCT https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

    ISO https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afternoon  winver 2.0.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	48910
    Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       17 Nov 2015 #1183

    Wynona said: View Post
    Can you give us a link to where you read about the version being pulled, please?
    Sorry. Was on local TV news but no link. Disregard that but I got a friends PC here & update not showing also. We just wait not a big deal. The MCT says SAFE_BOOT error. Just gave up!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       17 Nov 2015 #1184

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated.
    Welcome I think it's 3.7GB now ( today anyway ) but home and pro may be different this is W10 pro 1511 presumably 10586.3 that aligns with the version # ☻☺

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	48911
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       17 Nov 2015 #1185

    DrSysop said: View Post
    Sorry. Was on local TV news but no link. Disregard that but I got a friends PC here & update not showing also. We just wait not a big deal. The MCT says SAFE_BOOT error. Just gave up!
    Could be the local news folks were confused a lot of them are ignorant proof of that is living in the White House not to mention I've met a few of them that could just manage to read a teleprompter or ask scripted questions

    RU doing an Windows 7 or 8.1 licence upgrade with a legacy bios or Windows 8.1 or 10 licence upgrade with UFEI boot ?

    W/ UFEI boot PC you probably need to turn [off ] UFEI Secure Boot then run the MCT .

    FWIW Windows 10 restarts 3 or 4 times during the set up .

    How to Disable UEFI Secure Boot in Windows 8.1 and 10

    http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery....ows-8-1-8.html
    Last edited by blutos cousin; 17 Nov 2015 at 21:14.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       17 Nov 2015 #1186

    Using the MCT Tool


    Ok I tried this again for the last time ...

    I Used the MCT & all went ok till the part when it rebooted then this blue screen comes & then goes back to previous build then this message. I am installing from Windows 10.0.10240. I also made a DVD from the tool & same error.
    I see in the C directory it created

    $WINDOWS.~BT
    $Windows.~WS
    ESD

    I deleted these also & re-downloaded it & same thing.

    How can this be fixed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151117_212618.jpg   20151117_212628.jpg   20151117_212635.jpg   bad install.jpg  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       17 Nov 2015 #1187

    DrSysop said: View Post
    Ok I tried this again for the last time ...

    I Used the MCT & all went ok till the part when it rebooted then this blue screen comes & then goes back to previous build then this message. I am installing from Windows 10.0.10240. I also made a DVD from the tool & same error.

    How can this be fixed?
    What about the UFEI question above.. it looks to be pointing to secure boot or something like that. did you turn off any 3rd party Antivirus or malware protection that might be causing a problem ? Is this a windows 10 license upgrade or Windows Insider build ? Maybe a hidden partition somewhere on the volume you are working on ? Was this the last re start before it tried to load Windows 10 or one of the others ?

    Maybe format the hdd and load an ISO if you are on a legacy bios ?



    or maybe this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...685686a?page=1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       17 Nov 2015 #1188

    I am using the Windows Defender & yes i turn it off. Yes I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate in August & that went ok.
    As far as partitions there is 2 one says System Reserved 100mb created by Windows 7 DVD & other unnamed 456mb created by Windows 10. Here is a pic from computer management on the drive

    blutos cousin said: View Post
    What about the UFEI question above.. it looks to be pointing to secure boot or something like that. did you turn off any 3rd party Antivirus or malware protection that might be causing a problem ? Is this a windows 10 license upgrade or Windows Insider build ? Maybe a hidden partition somewhere on the volume you are working on ? Was this the last re start before it tried to load Windows 10 or one of the others ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails partition.jpg  
    Last edited by DrSysop; 17 Nov 2015 at 22:40.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       17 Nov 2015 #1189

    DrSysop said: View Post
    I am using the Windows Defender & yes i turn it off. Yes I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate in August & that went ok.
    As far as partitions there is 2 one says System Reserved 100mb created by Windows 7 DVD & other unnamed 456mb created by Windows 10.
    OK Windows 7 presumes you have a legacy BIOS and bootloader if so maybe format the hdd outside of Windows with a bootable drive utility like WD lifeguard or Sea tools or Ubuntu live dvd and delete the 100MB Win 7 partition and start with an ISO it will re partition your hdd and if You have a digital entitlement to Windows 10 you should be fine .

    Ofc you know you will loose all your files , folders and apps on a clean install

    maybe read this first : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...685686a?page=1

    Were you doing an update install or clean install ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       17 Nov 2015 #1190

    I upgraded from windows 7 as stated before. Windows 10 installed fine from 7 just this new update if it any good giving me issues. Only changed i did to pc was changed the ram had 4gb now added 8 gb & upgraded a 500gb to a 1tb using the WD drive clone software on there site. But that wouldn't cause this. Is there any free software to delete the 100mnb partition? If that will work if not i guess reformat.

    blutos cousin said: View Post
    OK Windows 7 presumes you have a legacy BIOS and bootloader if so maybe format the hdd outside of Windows with a bootable drive utility like WD lifeguard or Sea tools or Ubuntu live dvd and delete the 100MB Win 7 partition and start with an ISO it will re partition your hdd and if You have a digital entitlement to Windows 10 you should be fine .

    Ofc you know you will loose all your files , folders and apps on a clean install

    maybe read this first : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...685686a?page=1

    Were you doing an update install or clean install ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
Major Windows Update Problems in Windows Updates and Activation
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums