Page 112 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
  1.    16 Nov 2015 #1111
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 82
    Windows 10 x64

    None just wanted to do it soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Nov 2015 #1112
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Germany
    Posts : 146
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    "Have you turned off fast startup?"
    "Did you turn on your computer?"

    This forum is like 1st level support :~)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Nov 2015 #1113
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 82
    Windows 10 x64

    Did anybody of you experienced the "Update file sharing over LAN" feature yet ? I have not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Nov 2015 #1114
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mkdr View Post
    "Have you turned off fast startup?"
    "Did you turn on your computer?"

    This forum is like 1st level support :~)
    Please give a link to a post here at the Ten Forums asking the OP with an issue if the OP has turned his computer on. I would really love to see a post like that.

    What you are saying is that we should, when trying to assist the users, think that all of the members asking help already know more than an average user? That although we have seen it over and over again that quite often the issue is due a very basic thing like having Fast Startup on or trying to use a standard account to do something requiring an admin account, even so we should always forget the most obvious reasons for various issues because everyone should already know that?

    What an idiotic post!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 Nov 2015 #1115
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,913
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by kensiko View Post
    Did anybody of you experienced the "Update file sharing over LAN" feature yet ? I have not.
    When I install I usually choose Public for the LAN connection, probably affects that feature.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Nov 2015 #1116
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 82
    Windows 10 x64

    Well it could be because my newly upgraded laptop already had 10586 on first boot. My PC is not yet. Downloading from MS now
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Nov 2015 #1117
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,193
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Please give a link to a post here at the Ten Forums asking the OP with an issue if the OP has turned his computer on. I would really love to see a post like that.

    What you are saying is that we should, when trying to assist the users, think that all of the members asking help already know more than an average user? That although we have seen it over and over again that quite often the issue is due a very basic thing like having Fast Startup on or trying to use a standard account to do something requiring an admin account, even so we should always forget the most obvious reasons for various issues because everyone should already know that?

    What an idiotic post!
    If we were "1st level support", we would ask if you restarted your computer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    16 Nov 2015 #1118
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,183
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    If we were "1st level support", we would ask if you restarted your computer.
    My sentiments exactly, Count!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    16 Nov 2015 #1119
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Nov 2015 #1120
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,017
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by kensiko View Post
    Anybody got major issues with the update?
    Not to sound sarcastic, but there are 19 (not counting Chillout Room and VIP) forums that deal in one way or another with Win 10 issues. Most, if not all major and a whole bunch of minor issues are discussed in these forums. Each forum contains multiple threads and each thread contains many, many questions, answers and advice. Your OP question is much too broad to give an answer. Again, not being sarcastic, just clarifying. Start with the "Windows Insider" forum and go from there.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
Installation and Upgrade
Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
General Support
Major Windows Update Problems
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows "won't get another major update until 2015" Rumor
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums