Windows 10: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available

  1.    16 Nov 2015 #1070

    FILDA91 said: View Post
    And here is my
    The first 100 MB one is likely a left over from Windows 7. The 900 MB is likely a factory installed OEM Recovery partition. The 450 MB was likely created by Windows 8 or 10 on an upgrade and put where it is because the other ones where locked out at the time. If it was me, I'd do a clean install of 10. Boot from the install media, select custom install, and delete all partitions except D. Assuming your Data is on D. Then install to the first large unallocated space. If you can backup all your files to external media, I'd nuke the whole drive and start over with a blank slate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    16 Nov 2015 #1071

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Wouldn't this cause a problem in the future upgrades if Microsoft blacklists the generic Pro key later?
    They won't blacklist that key. If you use it, but don't have a digital entitlement for Pro, Windows will install but won't activate. It's useless without a digital entitlement.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Nov 2015 #1072

    Hey guys,
    Could someone tell me how to change from Windows 10 Pro to Home without Clean Install ? :)

    Thx
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Nov 2015 #1073

    jaknapceu said: View Post
    Hey guys,
    Could someone tell me how to change from Windows 10 Pro to Home without Clean Install ? :)

    Thx
    May I ask why? Did it not activate?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
       16 Nov 2015 #1074

    guys.. Newbie want to ask...

    i usually saw that there is SHA according to Windows 10 ISO, such as
    SHA1: 25043CA5C5C56D6380609A203344481AB8E15247
    Question : What the Meaning of that SHA..? Is the originial ISO must have same/exact SHA number like that..?
    Thanks before guys..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Dean73's Avatar
    Posts : 79
    Windows 10 Build: Redstone
       16 Nov 2015 #1075

    Well crap, after downloading it said there were problems, try again later, and windows update shows no new updates now. What the...


    I migrated to Linux for the time being while MS rectifies the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Nov 2015 #1076

    onlygreen said: View Post
    guys.. Newbie want to ask...

    i usually saw that there is SHA according to Windows 10 ISO, such as

    Question : What the Meaning of that SHA..? Is the originial ISO must have same/exact SHA number like that..?
    Thanks before guys..
    That's right. If you get an ISO and the SHA matches (exactly) then you know it downloaded correctly and it hasn't been tampered with.

    If you download 7-Zip 15.11 beta from here you can right click on the ISO > CRC SHA > SHA1 and it will calculate it for you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	48512
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home, 1511 Build 10586.3
       16 Nov 2015 #1077

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    The first 100 MB one is likely a left over from Windows 7. The 900 MB is likely a factory installed OEM Recovery partition. The 450 MB was likely created by Windows 8 or 10 on an upgrade and put where it is because the other ones where locked out at the time. If it was me, I'd do a clean install of 10. Boot from the install media, select custom install, and delete all partitions except D. Assuming your Data is on D. Then install to the first large unallocated space. If you can backup all your files to external media, I'd nuke the whole drive and start over with a blank slate.
    100MB is EFI, next 900MB I agree with you is likely OEM but is there also some 20GB recovery? That 450MB is from upgrade to 10 but why wasn't automatically deleted that 900MB partition when are here new 450?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    16 Nov 2015 #1078

    it's been four days till now and just no updates :3
    so frustrating i guess
    anyway if i downloaded the ISO can i activate it with windows 8 OEM serial ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Nov 2015 #1079

    Zaref said: View Post
    it's been four days till now and just no updates :3
    so frustrating i guess
    anyway if i downloaded the ISO can i activate it with windows 8 OEM serial ?
    Yes you can enter 8 key for clean install. For upgrade you don't need to enter any key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
Major Windows Update Problems in Windows Updates and Activation
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43.
Find Us