Page 107 of 153 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Nov 2015 #1061
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home, 1511 Build 10586.3

    All in red circles are recovery partitiones.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 Nov 2015 #1062
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,984
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    This is my Win10 Pro 1511 10586.3, a pair of 320GB HDDs:
    Attachment 48446

    Win10 Pro was an Upgrade from Win8.1 Pro. I added the D: drive after install and the small partition is of no consequence, too small to worry about and it came from a different computer.
    Last edited by Berton; 15 Nov 2015 at 22:57.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Nov 2015 #1063
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCursor View Post
    I think it is you who missed my point. Want to bet?

    A Windows 7 to 10 upgrade thread in 2020 or long before that will receive less than 10 replies

    A Windows 8/8.1 to 10 upgrade thread in 2023 or long before that will receive less than 1 reply because it would not even be read
    OK, then I'll rephrase . . . Gonna be a long time before you update Windows 10 again!


      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Nov 2015 #1064
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    Win 8.1

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Can't agree that troubles with Android is "defining" for an OS. I had troubles with them with last 3 phones and all the way from W7.
    As far as I'm concerned, 10586 is as ready for mainstream as any other Windows if not more. I have more devices working under W10 than ever was possible without going to extent of modifying drivers like I had to do for W7 for instance. I have a bunch of devices I connect to that can be considered very strange for home use and some really obsolete.
    BTW. why did you do that thing with taking ownership of 10240 and doing transfers (of what) ? Might have something to do with your problems.
    About icon alignment, did you turn of Auto arrange and turn on Align to grid ? That exists since W95 !
    Android is not defining but in order to compete when a single operating system is obsolete is where you have to be different.

    When you can use windows programs on Linux and Mac then what need is there of Windows.
    Now, when you get a BSOD because you press play on an android phone then that's a problem with bluetooth drivers or whatever program is playing the music and not the android. Remote is remote.

    As far as Win 10 icons yes, auto arrange is off and align to grid is on.
    It may have to do with 4K monitors, HDMI and monitor booting being as they are no longer analog and use VGA.
    Easily fixed by saving icon positions and stop this autoscaling BS Microsoft implemented in Win 10.
    A LOT of my programs are still small because of Microsofts new API.

    MS needs to get out of the automation department or give people A CHOICE because that seems to be lacking lately with Micro$$.
    No choice as to using the ribbon over traditional menus' No choice in themeing and Aero Glass. No no choice as whether they wanted Win 10 in the first place by pushing it in auto updates.

    I would go as far as to say that they didn't create a SP2 for Win 7 and have proper 4K scaling just so they could implement Win 10.
    Conspiracy? No, Win 10 was conceived at least 5 years ago and slowly implemented through Win 8 which everyone hated.

    Microsoft cares about bottom dollar and not consumer choice or don't you remember the backlash of Vista and Win 8.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Nov 2015 #1065
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 1,005
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    If you already have a digital entitlement for Pro just enter the generic Pro key. That's what I did and it upgraded to Pro and activated fine. VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    lol, have to learn to read ahead then post.
    Wouldn't this cause a problem in the future upgrades if Microsoft blacklists the generic Pro key later?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Nov 2015 #1066
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    OK, then I'll rephrase . . . Gonna be a long time before you update Windows 10 again!


    I also said 'long before that' twice even, this is becoming childish.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Nov 2015 #1067
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    OK, then I'll rephrase . . . Gonna be a long time before you update Windows 10 again!


    Never is even longer !!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    16 Nov 2015 #1068
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Shank View Post
    Android is not defining but in order to compete when a single operating system is obsolete is where you have to be different.

    When you can use windows programs on Linux and Mac then what need is there of Windows.
    Now, when you get a BSOD because you press play on an android phone then that's a problem with bluetooth drivers or whatever program is playing the music and not the android. Remote is remote.

    As far as Win 10 icons yes, auto arrange is off and align to grid is on.
    It may have to do with 4K monitors, HDMI and monitor booting being as they are no longer analog and use VGA.
    Easily fixed by saving icon positions and stop this autoscaling BS Microsoft implemented in Win 10.
    A LOT of my programs are still small because of Microsofts new API.

    MS needs to get out of the automation department or give people A CHOICE because that seems to be lacking lately with Micro$$.
    No choice as to using the ribbon over traditional menus' No choice in themeing and Aero Glass. No no choice as whether they wanted Win 10 in the first place by pushing it in auto updates.

    I would go as far as to say that they didn't create a SP2 for Win 7 and have proper 4K scaling just so they could implement Win 10.
    Conspiracy? No, Win 10 was conceived at least 5 years ago and slowly implemented through Win 8 which everyone hated.

    Microsoft cares about bottom dollar and not consumer choice or don't you remember the backlash of Vista and Win 8.
    I remember backlash to every Windows except there's much more of internet nowadays and many more ways to blow off some steam. It's just that I don't give rat's tail about all those reviews, good or bad, I just look what's in my best interest.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    16 Nov 2015 #1069
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Got it yesterday, started it again now.
    Says my realtek bluetooth isnt available and gives me a link to a ms page.

    That one says i cant use it on this Insider Preview, dont get it.
    Havnt activated that in Updates
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Nov 2015 #1070
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,808
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    Wouldn't this cause a problem in the future upgrades if Microsoft blacklists the generic Pro key later?
    It already is blacklisted. Generic keys can be used to install, not activate. This works as there exists already a digital entitlement.

    If there was no digital entitlement the generic key would convert you to pro but you'd be un-activated. You'd then have to enter a valid key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...
I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...https://youtu.be/AB0XMwa3knw
Installation and Upgrade
Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems
I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the...
General Support
Major Windows Update Problems
For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows "won't get another major update until 2015" Rumor
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums