Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,439
    Windows 10
       23 Nov 2014 #11

    Thanks for that video showing it working, was tempted to try but didn't want to brick my install

    Early days yet for this feature, but it doesn't look very touch friendly at the moment
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,727
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       23 Nov 2014 #12

    Thanks, Edwin.

    That's Continuum? That's the Start Menu. Howz that going to work with a human finger? MS must be out of their gourd if that's it!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 297
    10x64
       23 Nov 2014 #13

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Thanks for that video showing it working, was tempted to try but didn't want to brick my install

    Early days yet for this feature, but it doesn't look very touch friendly at the moment
    From what I've read, the start menu (I removed all of the tiles from mine) is supposed to expand/contract according to user preference. This ideally would mean that the start menu (with/wo tiles) can either be a traditional start menu or it can be an 8.x-ish start page, complete with tiles, based purely upon user preference. We shall see...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,439
    Windows 10
       23 Nov 2014 #14

    waltc said: View Post
    paulsalter said: View Post
    Thanks for that video showing it working, was tempted to try but didn't want to brick my install

    Early days yet for this feature, but it doesn't look very touch friendly at the moment
    From what I've read, the start menu (I removed all of the tiles from mine) is supposed to expand/contract according to user preference. This ideally would mean that the start menu (with/wo tiles) can either be a traditional start menu or it can be an 8.x-ish start page, complete with tiles, based purely upon user preference. We shall see...
    Cheers, really looking forward to seeing this feature, it seems like a lot of work is need for touch devices

    The above would not work very well for small screen devices

    I am hoping its going to be more than just a larger version of the start menu stuck on the desktop
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,727
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       23 Nov 2014 #15

    No Start Screen = No HG buying nor using Windows 10 > Period!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    23 Nov 2014 #16

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Thanks, Edwin.

    That's Continuum? That's the Start Menu. Howz that going to work with a human finger? MS must be out of their gourd if that's it!
    Yeah, it's not much to look at yet. The expansion arrows presumably make it go full screen but for which devices?
    Somebody with a Windows tablet should try it out!
    ('Groot' must be the guy workin on it. I think he needs to work a little harder at it )

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000025.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	8732
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Lock Screen - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when...
Tutorials
Solved Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen
This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen. You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial 5538 Start Menu 5539
Customization
Sign-in Screen Background Image - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the lock screen and enter your credentials on the Sign-in screen to...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums