Windows 10: PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Nov 2015 #90

    The biggest reason they are advising their customers to roll back is the same reason they had when they were advising their customers to stay away from Windows 8. They are not up to speed on supplying the required technical support yet. In other words it is easier to support something you are familiar with than something brand new. Just think there are much larger differences between Win 8 and Win 10 than there were between Win 7 and Win 8.

    It will come with time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Nov 2015 #91

    If 99.99% of all flights succeed and 0.01% crash, then all airports in the world would be shut down.

    From threads like this, I keep getting the impression that 99.99% of all upgrades to Windows 10 succeed and 0.01% fail. The 0.01% failure rate may well be adequate for hobby computers. However, the same 0.01% failure rate may not be acceptable for work computers as the incurred revenue losses could actually make the ‘free upgrade’ very costly.

    If Microsoft & partner companies can’t get the failure rate of Windows 10 upgrades down to near zero levels, then buying new Windows 10 computers may well be the cheaper option for the business community at large (or not upgrading at all, holding out as long as possible, which has also been a common option in the past).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Nov 2015 #92

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    I'm sorry, perhaps I'm missing something here as I thought this was a tech forum, where we did try the new... thus one of the main purposes of a tech forum. Did I miss that?
    Ssshh. That's getting awful close to logic

    It just amazes me to hear so many people say they won't try this or that, but are yet here on a tech forum... bashing those that do
    Even after all these years it never ceases to amaze me either...


    I think this threads main points can be summed thus:


    • Often large company "Tech Support" is an oxymoron.
    • Tech user capability varies widely and so do the results.
    • Older hardware always suffers from dying support.
    • Early adoption is optional for a plethora of rationales.
    • You can never please everyone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 20,251
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       09 Nov 2015 #93

    SmartEyeball said: View Post

    • Often large company "Tech Support" is an oxymoron.
    • Tech user capability varies widely and so do the results.
    • Older hardware always suffers from dying support.
    • Early adoption is optional for a plethora of rationales.
    • You can never please everyone.
    But the posting will go on....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    09 Nov 2015 #94

    Cliff S said: View Post
    But the posting will go on....
    I'm.. OUTRAGED!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       09 Nov 2015 #95

    pokeefe0001 said: View Post
    I've never had that feeling with a car. I tend to drive them until they die. Better gas mileage? Yes. Better "optionals? Never. New factory made smell??? Why would anybody want that? I've never wanted a car (or OS) to be a source of excitement so boredom isn't an issue.

    However, new capabilities can be important. For instance, Windows 7 cannot take a system image backup to a device larger that 2.2TB (unless the device emulates multiple smaller drives); it cannot use devices with 4k segment size for that function. That means I have to use a 3rd party product to do that. (Luckily I have Acronis True Image.) I've heard (but haven't confirmed) that Win 10 supports devices with 4k segment size for system image backups.

    As time goes on there will be more situations like that - new hardware that the old OS can't support. I can (and will) live without glitz features like Cortana, but there is likely to be new external hardware I need.
    We, Italics, call this a "rethorical figure" read it like there was written an "e.g." first; it can apply to anything you are involved to: a motorcycle or a bike or a camera or an aircraft or a............horse
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Nov 2015 #96

    Gas said: View Post
    We, Italics call this a "rethorical figure" read it like there was written an "e.g." first; it can apply to anything you are involved to: a motorcycle or a bike or a camera or a............horse
    And the car has to be a.. FERRARI!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ferrari_250_GTO.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	47056
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,489
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 - 17134.5 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       09 Nov 2015 #97

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I'm.. OUTRAGED!!
    Funny, I thought you were Jeff, But anyway, Welcome to Ten forums OUTRAGED
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    09 Nov 2015 #98

    FrozenCursor said: View Post
    If 99.99% of all flights succeed and 0.01% crash, then all airports in the world would be shut down.

    From threads like this, I keep getting the impression that 99.99% of all upgrades to Windows 10 succeed and 0.01% fail. The 0.01% failure rate may well be adequate for hobby computers. However, the same 0.01% failure rate may not be acceptable for work computers as the incurred revenue losses could actually make the ‘free upgrade’ very costly.

    If Microsoft & partner companies can’t get the failure rate of Windows 10 upgrades down to near zero levels, then buying new Windows 10 computers may well be the cheaper option for the business community at large (or not upgrading at all, holding out as long as possible, which has also been a common option in the past).
    Show us these figures you've worked out, anyway what has a hobbiest forum got to do with business. I don't know anything about failure rates on business computers, but if they're around .01% I'd say that's pretty good knowing what I know about computers.

    With all the different computer configurations getting to 0% would be nigh impossible, even Apple who build their own hardware and software would be incapable of that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    09 Nov 2015 #99

    Barman58 said: View Post
    Funny, I thought you were Jeff, But anyway, Welcome to Ten forums OUTRAGED
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    HP Support Uninstall in Software and Apps
    Not having a HP PC these two programs are not letting me remove them. Do I need them. (1) HP Support Solutions Framework and (2) HP Support Assistant I believe these were added as 3rd party due to a previous HP Printer installation which I no...
    Uninstall windows 10 in Installation and Upgrade
    I like most everything about Windows 10 but not able to view videos. Technically challenged I need some very simple step by step insruction. If this issue can't be resolved I would like to revert to Windows 7 which worked perfectly for me.
    Have decided to uninstall windows 10 as can not fix the problems. Can you tell me the best way to do it bare in mind not very good with laptops and tech stuff. Thanks
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.
    Find Us