Read more - New build available to the Windows Insider ProgramHi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a number of things that YOU have influenced directly with your problem reports and suggestions. Thanks!
- If you are new to the Windows Insider Program you may want to check out my post here from last month since this post is using some terms and concepts I first shared there. (e.g. our “ring progression” model.)
- Just like last time, this new build will come to you automatically via Windows Update, installed during your maintenance window if your PC is plugged in and on or sleeping.
- If you don’t want to wait for it to download and install on its own – you can go to PC Settings, Update and recovery, Preview builds and click the Check Now button to go get it now.
- If you’re currently in the Fast ring, the build is available now. If you’re in the Slow ring, you won’t receive the build right away – we’ll publish to Slow after we see how everything goes with the Fast ring.
- This is a full build, and it will be installed as an in-place upgrade, so you’ll go through those colorful “installing your apps” screens again. This is because your account is being re-provisioned after the upgrade.