New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

  1. Posts : 248
    W10 Pro/W7 Pro 64-bit
       #300

    Halmo said:
    This doesn't work because, as I said in my original post, my computer starts with the Toshiba screen and then immediately goes to the screen I posted the picture of. The computer will not read anything in the DVD drive even thought I was able to get into the BIOS and set it to boot from the DVD drive.
    Are you on a dual-boot setup and had W10 as your default drive? Either way, look into Diskparts usage if you can get into the command line. Using "unassign"/"assign" after selecting the drive and partion.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 276
    Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 19, Arcolinux, MX-17
       #301

    gregrocker said:
    Try Automatic Repair from Repair CD or installlation disk.

    If you don't have disk may need to extract the ESD file from its location provided in ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File to create an ISO to burn to disk on another PC. Files can be rescued from unbootable OS using Paragon Rescue Kit Free Edition 11.0 Free

    Good reason to make our Repair CD's if using Update channel.
    Two days ago I made the ESD-ISO Install disk and today had to use it! I thank all who provided the instructions.

    Rich
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 248
    W10 Pro/W7 Pro 64-bit
       #302

    gregrocker said:
    Try Automatic Repair from Repair CD or installlation disk.

    If you don't have disk may need to extract the ESD file from its location provided in ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File to create an ISO to burn to disk on another PC. Files can be rescued from unbootable OS using Paragon Rescue Kit Free Edition 11.0 Free

    Good reason to make our Repair CD's if using Update channel.

    Does anyone know for sure if Windows 8 or 8.1 Repair CD will work on TP?
    Never had W8/8.1 but I thought the Repair CD stopped at W8 when they went to a Repair USB flash drive? The Repair CD/USB flash drive does offer the system restore point option too. I do know that a W7 repair CD won't work on W10TP or at least it doesn't show system restore points.
      My Computer

  4. Lee's Avatar
    Lee
    Posts : 4,793
    OS X, Win 10
       #303

    z3r010 said:
    *note to self - disable animated avatars tomorrow....they are bloody annoying!!!
    Thank You. . .couldn't agree more. . .
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 803
    10 Pro Preview x64
       #304

    wptski said:
    Never had W8/8.1 but I thought the Repair CD stopped at W8 when they went to a Repair USB flash drive? The Repair CD/USB flash drive does offer the system restore point option too. I do know that a W7 repair CD won't work on W10TP or at least it doesn't show system restore points.
    Windows 8 you could make a system repair CD, 8.1 only a USB. I haven't got one to test (always use ISO) but I doubt it would work.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #305

    adamf said:
    wptski said:
    Never had W8/8.1 but I thought the Repair CD stopped at W8 when they went to a Repair USB flash drive? The Repair CD/USB flash drive does offer the system restore point option too. I do know that a W7 repair CD won't work on W10TP or at least it doesn't show system restore points.
    Windows 8 you could make a system repair CD, 8.1 only a USB. I haven't got one to test (always use ISO) but I doubt it would work.
    Can't you download the PE (system recovery tools) from Microsoft in iso formart? This reason I asked this when using windows 10 Macrium uses Windows PE to make USB or CD/DVD recuse disk. When you make the recuse disk it is downloaded from Microsoft. Macrium does include windows 7 default PE
      My Computer

  7. gregrocker's Avatar
    Posts : 281
       #306

    I guess it's only the installation media for bootable repairs in Win8.1 and 10.
    Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

    EasyBCD also has an enhanced PE disk that adds more boot repair automation and choices to WinPE here: Startup Repair Infinite Loop: Fix for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
      My Computer



  8. Posts : 248
    W10 Pro/W7 Pro 64-bit
       #307

    groze said:
    Can't you download the PE (system recovery tools) from Microsoft in iso formart? This reason I asked this when using windows 10 Macrium uses Windows PE to make USB or CD/DVD recuse disk. When you make the recuse disk it is downloaded from Microsoft. Macrium does include windows 7 default PE
    That once was the case but MS stopped that "free" download practice sometime after W7 came out, purchase only then. I got an ISO of the WinRE using a Torrent download.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #308

    wptski said:
    groze said:
    Can't you download the PE (system recovery tools) from Microsoft in iso formart? This reason I asked this when using windows 10 Macrium uses Windows PE to make USB or CD/DVD recuse disk. When you make the recuse disk it is downloaded from Microsoft. Macrium does include windows 7 default PE
    That once was the case but MS stopped that "free" download practice sometime after W7 came out, purchase only then.

    So Macrium must have some type of an arrangement with Microsoft to allow it users to indirectly download the Windows PE from Microsoft and is allowed to create a rescue cd/dvd or USB restore disk. None of the normal tools pop up when booting to the Macrium rescue disk though.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums