Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       14 Nov 2014 #261

    I just found what could be a big issue for me. I can't log into my routers web interface. I get a screen warning that the web sites security certificate isn't valid, and no connect anyway option? In Windows 8.1 I get a connect anyway option. In Windows 7 I can just connect with no warning at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	8282
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,632
    Windows 10
       14 Nov 2014 #262

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I just found what could be a big issue for me. I can't log into my routers web interface. I get a screen warning that the web sites security certificate isn't valid, and no connect anyway option? In Windows 8.1 I get a connect anyway option. In Windows 7 I can just connect with no warning at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	8282
    Did you click on More information it should then give you a choice to connect any way.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,520
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Nov 2014 #263

    @alphanumeric, you might want to test the IE Enterprise Mode:

    Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 Update and Windows 7 devices, lets websites render using a modified browser configuration that’s designed to emulate Internet Explorer 8, avoiding the common compatibility problems associated with web apps written and tested on older versions of Internet Explorer.
    (From What is Enterprise Mode?)

    The IE in 9879 is a new version; if you could connect to router admin panel in 9841 or 9860 this just might work. It uses the IE 8 rendering.

    Here are the instructions to set up Enterprise Mode in IE: Turn on Enterprise Mode and use a site list

    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       14 Nov 2014 #264

    badrobot said: View Post
    Something is not right with the power options.
    I left my PC to take a shower and when I came back all my 4 monitors are OFF. So, I went to Plan settings to change it to "Never" but it was already set to "Never" (both display and sleep settings). But how come my monitors still go off? Screensaver is also set to "None". Anyone here have the same issue?
    Absolutely, I thought I was going nuts as it keeps switching off the monitors in 2 different virtual machines on two different real machines. Loading it onto a real PC now to see if it still happens. It also shuts off and hibernates the VM without asking too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       14 Nov 2014 #265

    labeeman said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I just found what could be a big issue for me. I can't log into my routers web interface. I get a screen warning that the web sites security certificate isn't valid, and no connect anyway option? In Windows 8.1 I get a connect anyway option. In Windows 7 I can just connect with no warning at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	8282

    Did you click on More information it should then give you a choice to connect any way.
    Yes, did that, no connect anyway option. It just explains why you may get that message etc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       14 Nov 2014 #266

    Kari said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I've noticed that if I minimize my Slacker Radio App to the taskbar it stops playing the music? It doesn't do that in 8.1? Not sure about previous Windows 10 builds though. Open the Window for viewing and it picks up where it stopped. It pauses when minimized.
    I have a similar issue with TuneIn Radio. In Windows 8 I could continue listening when locking the computer, in W10 it stops playing as soon as I press WIN + L to enter lock screen.
    I seem to remember one of the Microsoft guys mentioning that some of the apps stopped working when "not in focus" some kind of system wide bug. I assume a fix is in the works that will no doubt break something else. I am not joking I used to test software used on TV's and it was a battle.

    Here is the quote:
    Some known problems:

    As with the last build, you’re getting hot-off-the-presses code which means there are a few issues. We’ll be publishing WU updates shortly to fix the first two, but the remainder will not be fixed for 9879.

    • In some cases you may get a black screen when trying to log-in or unlock. The only option is to hold the power button to hard reboot.
    • You will be unable to connect to Distributed File System network locations.
    • Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication. On systems with low disk space this can block setup and cause a rollback to the previous build.
    • Skype calls will disconnect and Music will stop playing if those apps are minimized.
    • There are several known issues with screen sharing with Lync.


    Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...sider-program/
    Last edited by Indianatone; 14 Nov 2014 at 18:53.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,632
    Windows 10
       14 Nov 2014 #267

    That's strange I ran in to the same message closed it then clicked the link again then clicked more information and connect anyway was there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 30
    windows 7
       14 Nov 2014 #268

    I am still not understanding the difference in this latest TP between the Enterprise edition and the regular (Professional?).

    Also, when installing the Enterprise edition, is it necessary to insert a serial number during installation?

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       14 Nov 2014 #269

    Kari said: View Post
    @alphanumeric, you might want to test the IE Enterprise Mode:

    Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 Update and Windows 7 devices, lets websites render using a modified browser configuration that’s designed to emulate Internet Explorer 8, avoiding the common compatibility problems associated with web apps written and tested on older versions of Internet Explorer.
    (From What is Enterprise Mode?)

    The IE in 9879 is a new version; if you could connect to router admin panel in 9841 or 9860 this just might work. It uses the IE 8 rendering.

    Here are the instructions to set up Enterprise Mode in IE: Turn on Enterprise Mode and use a site list

    Kari
    I used gpedit to add it as an option from the tools menu, seemed easier than setting up a site list. It didn't do anything that I could see. I may play around with it some more tomorrow. I'm just not in the mood to mess with right now. Thanks for the suggestion though. My D-Link router has packed it in so I'm back to using my ISP supplied wireless router. I get the same message trying to log into it too. I just logged into it from my 8.1 desktop PC to turn the wireless back on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       14 Nov 2014 #270

    labeeman said: View Post
    That's strange I ran in to the same message closed it then clicked the link again then clicked more information and connect anyway was there.
    In Windows 8.1 the connect anyway option is on that page, I don't even have to click more info. In 10 Enterprise its totally MIA. Anyway I going to take a break from messing with it for now. I'll play with it tomorrow some time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Steam Crashes on Windows 10 Build 9879
More
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year
Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let...
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 9879 iso now available
Download Windows Technical Preview November Update - Microsoft Windows here be good to do clean install :):)
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Start Menu....Resolution?? Build 9879
I've been using Windows 10 since the first build release; dualing booting with Windows 8.1. No problems. Since I've upgraded to Build 9879, everything on the start menu is just so much bigger. I really dislike it. Even the font on the Log on and...
Windows Insider
Windows 10 Enterprise build 9879 ISO now available
The next version of Windows is engineered for the way you live and work, protected against cyber risks and threats, and managed for continuous innovation. Need more information? See what's new in Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise. ...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums