Windows 10: New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,176
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       13 Nov 2014 #201

    I did not read all the post in this thread ,but I followed the info on the site in the link[How to Get Build 9879] and did a in-place upgrade. download and install less than 1 hr,never really kept track, but it was done before the 1hr tv show was finished ,lol

    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9879 Available Now

    edit , the charms bar still not working even thought it set to when I mouse the top right corner.
    new version of IE now has a smiley face top right ,to send a smiley or frown for issues on websites
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,379
    Windows 10 64 bit
       13 Nov 2014 #202

    Charlie said: View Post
    Joan Archer said: View Post
    All done, finished the set up about 10 minutes ago so now going to sort my dinner out. Glad the download and install sorted itself out as I was in no way able to concentrate that much, not feeling too good today.
    Will be back later with updates and hopefully feeling a bit better.
    Joan.
    Hey kid hope you get to feeling better this day. Wow I clicked on you cross stich url and there some beautiful stuff. Stuff like the Angel and them three cats very nice girl. Anyway feel better. Charlie
    Thanks Charlie, hopefully feel better tomorrow, just finished a course of steroids and antibiotics and the last couple of days after taking the antibiotics they've made me feel yucky. At least I'm starting to be able to breathe better again.
    Thank you for the compliments on my cross stitch, glad you liked them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 339
    Windows 10 Pro x86 and x64 dual boot
       13 Nov 2014 #203

    Finally got 9879 working. Made an ISO of 9860 from the ESD file and did a fresh install of 9860. Then ran the upgrade again and all appears to be working ok, just cleaning up old installation files on the VM now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Nov 2014 #204

    caperjack said: View Post
    I did not read all the post in this thread ,but I followed the info on the site in the link[How to Get Build 9879] and did a in-place upgrade. download and install less than 1 hr,never really kept track, but it was done before the 1hr tv show was finished ,lol

    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9879 Available Now


    edit , the charms bar still not working even thought it set to when I mouse the top right corner.
    new version of IE now has a smiley face top right ,to send a smiley or frown for issues on websites
    The charms bar came up for me when I edge swiped my laptops touchpad. It wouldn't do that in 9860. I haven't tried to bring it up with a mouse yet though. I usually turn the edge swipe for that off. This is the Enterprise 9879.

    EDIT: I couldn't get that top right corner thing to work in the last build. I'm on my desktop PC at the moment, I'll try to remember to test it out when I fire my laptop back up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       13 Nov 2014 #205

    Storage Sense seems to have crept in at some time... No description of what the colours mean but I like the description of system files
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,176
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       13 Nov 2014 #206

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    I did not read all the post in this thread ,but I followed the info on the site in the link[How to Get Build 9879] and did a in-place upgrade. download and install less than 1 hr,never really kept track, but it was done before the 1hr tv show was finished ,lol

    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9879 Available Now


    edit , the charms bar still not working even thought it set to when I mouse the top right corner.
    new version of IE now has a smiley face top right ,to send a smiley or frown for issues on websites
    The charms bar came up for me when I edge swiped my laptops touchpad. It wouldn't do that in 9860. I haven't tried to bring it up with a mouse yet though. I usually turn the edge swipe for that off. This is the Enterprise 9879.

    EDIT: I couldn't get that top right corner thing to work in the last build. I'm on my desktop PC at the moment, I'll try to remember to test it out when I fire my laptop back up.
    thanks for that ,iam on the basic prieview, I have the enterprise on another drive that I have to manually hook back up and disconnect the ssd drive that iam duel booting 8,1 and 10,
    will hook it up now maybe and do the update to win10 E 9879
    to see what happens with charms bar
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Nov 2014 #207

    Looking very good here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 25,479
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       13 Nov 2014 #208

    adamf said: View Post
    Storage Sense seems to have crept in at some time... No description of what the colours mean but I like the description of system files
    This was introduced in the second build I believe. It's started as a part of PC Settings in 8.1 as seen below. The newly added colors match the bars of "System and reserved" and "Apps and Games". Red is probably 0 in the next two categories.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (197).png 
Views:	70 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	8242
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    13 Nov 2014 #209

    Downloaded and started installation of build 9879. Computer showed "Installing." Came back a little later to find the computer had tried to restart, but hung up on a blue screen saying "Your PC needs to be repaired. I cannot boot computer now. Screen looks like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_20141113_174255.JPG 
Views:	1590 
Size:	329.5 KB 
ID:	8245
    I tried to boot from installation disk and could not. Help! Windows 10 was running great before this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,176
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       13 Nov 2014 #210

    updated win10 enterprise ,but still no charms bar .kind of liked using it to get around in pc settings, i have pinned pc settings to the taskbar, so that will do just as good I guess
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Related Threads
More
Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let...
Download Windows Technical Preview November Update - Microsoft Windows here be good to do clean install :):)
I've been using Windows 10 since the first build release; dualing booting with Windows 8.1. No problems. Since I've upgraded to Build 9879, everything on the start menu is just so much bigger. I really dislike it. Even the font on the Log on and...
The next version of Windows is engineered for the way you live and work, protected against cyber risks and threats, and managed for continuous innovation. Need more information? See what's new in Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.
Find Us